Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-01, 02:48 PM  
Carol L

It's always so interesting in these threads to see what you have in common with other VF'ers besides exercise!

I admire Kay, who had the courage to change her job after 20 some years--I am just about ready for a change, too. Like Germ, I'm a laboratory worker, but I have worked in a doctor's office for 20 years. We are going through big changes in our office; the doctor is considering moving to Colorado, we are short of help, and I've about had it with the place. Which brings me to VF; I think exercise is the only thing that is keeping me from losing my sanity due to stress and tension.

I have been married 23 years to a wonderful guy(but he doesn't understand my vidiocy). We have 2 beautiful daughters, ages 17 and 19. Other hobbies are reading, cooking, traveling.

I found VF about 2 years ago when searching for fitness video reviews. I lurked for quite awhile, but found out about all the other wonderful instructors out there. I've been exercising regularly for about 7 years now(I just turned 43).
After buying up all the tapes from Target/WalMart, I started ordering from Collage(based upon recommendations from VF).

In March of this year, I started trading videos-- what fun!! Having different videos makes all the difference in being able to keep going with exercise. My biggest love is step--the tougher the choreography, the better. I dislike doing strength; I am trying to get going with yoga. Great music is a big factor in whether I love a video or not.

I joined the CCT checkin in June. That gives me so much motivation! I feel like I have found many new friends here at VF. It's a great place!!!
Carol L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-01, 03:53 PM  
KimberlyN
VF Supporter

my intro

Hi everyone,

I'm another infrequent poster who has been here for a while. I started out with the FIRM, but I've always been kinda a tomboy, so they were a little weird for me... Now, thanks to VF, I have a step and am a big fan of Christi. I don't like strength stuff, but I recently discovered that I have acquired more of those than cardio, just searching for some I could like.

I live in Silicon Valley with my SO of six years and our two cutie kitties. I work from my home office as a sales engineer for a software company. I love to travel -- check out my pictures at http://www.geocities.com/kielni to see my online photo albums. I also enjoy reading SF, working on my photo albums, watching the Raiders, and outdoor sports (can't wait for ski season).
Old 11-24-01, 03:56 PM  
HelenBeth
VF Supporter

Talking I have been lurking for almost three years

Ok, I am tired of seeing the "never posts" under my name. I did post a couple of times before under the name McBef. I am from Syracuse, New York. Actually, not really. I just moved from Clarksville, TN - right where Joan is from. I even visited the library near where Joan used to work (see, I lurk here a lot). I miss Clarksville so much, but I do enjoy Syracuse althought it is very COLLLLDDDDD.

I love exercise videos. I have used them ever since I gave birth to my three year old son, William. I have about 80 videos. My favorites are Cathe, Kathy, Firm, and Tae bo. I need the Firm to come up with those new videos soon. I am weak in the strength area!

Anyway, that's about it. Oh yea, I am (ahem) turning thirty (wah!) shortly and work at a community college. I am going to post more than once though...
HelenBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-01, 04:15 PM  
Elisa B.
VF Supporter

Hi, I'm Elisa. I've been reading this forum for maybe 2-3 years, posting once or twice a week most of that time. I'm 35, work as a lawyer for a city government agency, live in Park Slope, Brooklyn with husband, two kids, two dogs, one grouchy old cat. I love step, can't do hi-lo, like kickboxing sometimes, mostly rely on Cathe for strength with the occasional FIRM thrown in to shake things up. I'm always trying to figure out how to fit more yoga into my schedule. Have only met one VFer -- the famous Sharon NYC! -- but hope to meet more of you soon.

Elisa
Elisa B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-01, 06:32 PM  
Deanna
VF Supporter

HelenBeth

I'm glad you decided to de-lurk--welcome!

There are a few VFer's in Central NY. We had a gathering in Syracuse this past August. Hopefully we'll be having another one sometime soon--I hope you'll join us when we do!
And, just wait another 2-3 months, and THEN you'll understand what cold and grey really are brrrrr. Try to stay warm .
Old 11-24-01, 09:30 PM  
HelenBeth
VF Supporter

Talking I can't wait

For the next get together that is, Deana. Not for the cold weather! Glad there are some more V-Fers in Central New York.
HelenBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-01, 02:24 AM  
Barbara F
VF Supporter

Hi!

I have no idea how long I've been coming to VF because I only lurked (except for the exchange) for a long time. I discovered VF when someone on Collage's website posted that, if you want to see a "really" good review, go over to VF.

I'm 49 and have been married for 13 1/2 years to a great guy. His 18-year-old son also lives with us, as well as three thoroughly spoiled cats (cats are people, too!). I'm in graduate school, after burning out on a 20-year career that involved too much travel. Now, I'm one class away from getting an M.A. in Linguistics . . .except I haven't even started writing my thesis. (I banned myself from the internet because of this, but this new software has weakened my resolve!). I also teach composition to International students at my school, as well as other ESL classes.

I LOVE strength training of all kinds, but I NEED cardio. So I'm very happy to have discovered Christi, because working out with her just makes me smile. I have gotten tons of good advice here (Christi, Cathe, the Firm, firm barbell, tall box, etc), and my workouts have gotten progressively more advanced and more frequent because of VF. I love this website . Thank you Wendy!
Old 11-25-01, 02:53 AM  
SouthJerseyDeb

New kid in town

Ok, my user name is supposed to be South Jersey Deb (I've e-mailed for help!). I've just recently starting looking into this forum & find the look to be better than any other forum I've used.

I'm 38 years old & the mother of a 16 year old daughter. I've been an avid Firm fan for 2 years & just recently tried Cathe. LOVE HER! I'm more of a weight trainging person than cardio (but know I need both for proper fitness!). I'm a sr. benefits analyst at a regional trauma center right outside of Philadelphia.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

PS Where do you all get your cool graphics? As you can see I can't make mine work!
"You have within you more resources of energy than have ever been tapped, more talent than has ever been exploited, more strength than has ever been tested, and more to give than you have ever given." - John Gardner
SouthJerseyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-01, 06:12 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Greetings!

I found VF a little over a year ago, and the forum a few months later.

I'm 41, soon to be 42, single, without children, and have been an exercise enthusiast for over 20 years. I love weight training, running and yoga ( but lately my yoga practice has been neglected ). I also enjoy hiking, as I live at the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains.

I am a pastry chef, although I don't really consider myself more than a baker, as I have no formal training and I just fell into this job. My employer gave me the title and it sure as heck sounds impressive! I am pleased to see that we have several chefs in the VF community.

I really enjoy the VF Forum and would like to extend a thank you to all the contributors who make it such a fun and interesting place.

Noel

Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-01, 08:56 AM  
Terri1222
VF Supporter

Wow, it's so exciting to read about everybody! Great thread...

My name is Terri, I'm 41, soon to be 42 (December 22nd)...I've been exercising for over 20 years. At one point in my 20's, I was really into bodybuilding and thought about going into competition, but decided I really didn't have the patience for the "dieting" end of it right before the actual competition.

Now that I'm in my 40's, I just like staying "buff". I mostly use Cathe's workouts....both cardio and strength. She has really improved my endurance levels in all ways.

I'm on my second (and hopefully last) marriage to a great guy (though he does have his moments!). I have two stepsons (20 and 18)and one 11-year-old son.

Besides exercising, I work at a large pharmaceutical company as an analyst (been there for over ten years now) and also LOVE to do needlepoint/cross-stitch and cannot get enough of good books to read!

Terri
Terri1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread