Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-22, 09:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Why don't you like the Cathe boss bands set?

I don't remember seeing so many VFers unloading previous Cathe sets. Does anyone like the boss bands?

I remember many years ago, before DVD, Joanie Gregains had a VHS with a huge rubber band and I used it a lot for a while. The boss band total body cover picture reminded me of that.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 09:34 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I like the bands/loops---great quality IMHO. I rarely use plastic tubing anymore. I wasn't totally in love with the workouts that were put out with them, although I did like them. I think I had a bit of trouble trying to figure out what tension to use for what exercise and she didn't use the heaviest tension loop so I'm not sure when I should use it. I might have to give the workouts another try now that you've got me thinking about them and I haven't done them recently.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 10:14 PM  
DebP.
VF Supporter

Boss Bands

I like the bands themselves but didn’t love the workouts. I do the lower body one occasionally. Love boss bands for other workouts. Especially the old Power Fits. They really help take those workouts up a few notches. I substitute boss bands for a number of other band-related w/o’s. I’m not sorry I purchased them.
DebP. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 11:48 PM  
angie_nrs

I really like the bands and from what I've read most people are happy with them. The workouts on the other hand.....may not be a huge hit.

I like the total body band workout and I'm glad I have it. However, I'm not a fan of the other one. It doesn't have a nice flow for me. There are a few times she moves from exercise to exercise with the band already in place, leaving me trying to rush to get the correct band and get it properly placed to start with them and there just isn't enough time. For some reason, that just ticks me off. I'd prefer for the team to swap their bands out with me, not before me and off camera. I'm thinking they did this to make the premixes blend, but it messes with the flow of the original workout itself. I also didn't consider the moves to be all that new or inspirational. It's just not an enjoyable workout for me.
Old 01-26-22, 09:26 AM  
owltx

The bands really are great quality - I use them for a lot of workouts.

I may be in the minority, but I also liked both of the workouts. Are they my favorite Cathe? No. But I enjoy both and have started using premixes from both as "finishers" to other workouts. I also think they make great travel workouts. I purchased the Cathe Live workout that uses the boss bands during the black friday sale (I also see she has made a couple more since then (which I will likely purchase during next year's sale ). This is a good workout that I enjoy as well. The Live workout definitely flows better, probably because they all have to take on/off the bands in real time.
Old 01-26-22, 10:54 AM  
Mickey12

I like the workouts too. They're not crazy hard which is why I like them. I think maybe people expected them to be at Cathe's usual level but I wouldn't say they are advanced. I also like them because they're different in that they use the bands/loops. I enjoy variety and these offer that.
Old 01-26-22, 11:39 AM  
muggle

I'm another one who really doesn't appreciate the "next move" starting w/ everyone already wearing the bands and I'm scrambling to change it and get caught up. Yup, it's always been a pet peeve of mine.

The workouts are just ok. I REALLY didn't like the total body. Sometimes the band just didn't feel placed right... on my arms, shoulders or wherever. It took away from what I was supposed to be feeling. It was just awkward. I love the bands though, they're fantastic!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 04:47 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I like both workouts and bands. I've also used the bands with other workouts.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss bands, boss loops, cathe