Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-22, 09:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I didn't work out again today, but we did get NEW snow to shovel this morning. We got another 3" on top of 5" we got yesterday. Yep, my lower back still hurts but I had no choice except today I didn't cut my dh any breaks and he had to come out and shovel snow right along with me. Yes, we do have a garage but we can't park there because it's full of my dh's toys and other junk of his. My back hurts as do my shoulders. I am NOT a happy camper right now!

Hopefully I can do something tomorrow morning before work. Waves to all!

Oh, today's Oliver's birthday! We've had him a year and he's the best thing that happened to us in the past year. I love that boy dearly and he makes me smile every time I look at him. We're lucky we found him.
Old 01-25-22, 07:45 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Mira's Standing Pilates 26min. This one is from her Happy Healthy Hips Beginner's program. Lots of balance work and it really made my hips and lumbar spine feel much better.

Lindsay Brin's Balanced Pilates Basic Mat Pilates 30min. Again not classic mat pilates but one with more athletic moves which is exactly what I like. I'm really happy with this subscription so far and will probably change to annual membership at the end of this month.

Considering my aching lower back, this was a perfect combo to do this morning. My back is feeling much better right now. I really should follow Mira's Healthy Hips program with some consistency because her exercises really help me.

I have to go to the office this morning, so I've got to get going. Waves to all!
Old 01-25-22, 12:27 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Some updates - my doggie does have some type of kidney disease - most likely due to age (she is probably around 13 years old - which is a good old age for a Lab) - the vet said they could do more testing but she seems pretty confident that this is age related. So, she is on a special diet - low protein, low sodium, low phosphorus and hopefully that will slow things down. Fortunately since she is a Lab she is having no problem eating the prescription food.

And, my DD's BF has COVID. He was at our house on Friday and she was with him all day on Sunday - so....just waiting for the inevitable. Both of them are vaxed and boosted and her BF had COVID once before! Fingers crossed.

Anyway, I had a poor night of sleep - my Lab was up needing water and to go outside at 2:00 a.m.! If it isn't one thing it is another to keep me up at night.

So, today was another Ellen day -

Ellen - Moving for Beauty

I will try to get more in later.

Dana - ugh on the shoveling again! That sounds like a good program from Mira - is it exclusive to her streaming service?

Carol - didn't one of your doggies have kidney disease? I remember you cooking for her - I was considering that - any thoughts/suggestions? My dog is eating the prescription food no problem - being a Lab - but I am wondering if it is more economical to cook for her. That is a good workout from Silver & Fit, I remember watching parts of it!

For Feb I want to follow more of a plan - even if it is a loose plan - like getting 3 strength training sessions in a week - I need to build up my strength again....things that used to be light to me are feeling heavy.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-22, 07:38 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio Workout with Penny 12/31/21 - 30 minutes

A decent cardio workout - I don't enjoy Penny's cardio workouts as much as I do Madeleine's, but they are tolerable.

Dana - Hope your back is completely better by now. Snow shoveling is hard work! We are supposed to get a little bit tonight, but it won't need shoveling if it's as light as they are predicting.

Donna - And I wonder why you didn't sleep well last night!!! You've got a lot going on right now. Yes, I had a dog with liver disease and pancreatitis - the prescription liver food was super fatty and that aggravated the pancreatitis, so I did cook for her. I used a website called BalanceIt - you can formulate recipes there and they sell a supplement that you add to the food which ensures that it is healthy. It's run by vets at one of the universities in California. I think you'd have to prepare a whole lot of food to fill up a Lab! There are also vet dieticians who will formulate recipes for your food. Fingers crossed that your daughter doesn't get it, but at least she is vaccinated!

Our parents are still complaining that we are masking after a classroom exposure - per the health department, we should be contact tracing and sending all those kids home for 10 days. (Of course the public schools are doing nothing.) Instead we are keeping students in the classroom and requiring them to mask for 10 days (or allowing parents to keep them home if they won't mask or the parents don't want them to mask - you would be amazed at the number of parents who opt to keep their kids home for 10 days rather than mask! Totally beyond me.) This with 1,324 new cases in town today, and almost 1,200 new cases yesterday - with no ICU beds available anywhere. We are struggling to keep teachers in the classroom...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 12:13 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Lively Ladies - Bodyweight Cardio (1/21/22 upload)

Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs Pilates - Day 1 - which was Level 1 Pilates

Last night after a long day of sitting I did a CS episode - it may have been 1223 but I'm not sure

My DD says she has a scratchy throat, is fatigued and has come congestion but she seems fine - hopefully that is as bad as it gets. Her BF is not terribly sick from it. Hopefully those vaccines will do their job!

Carol - thanks for all that info on doggie diets. Yes - a lot of cooking to keep my Lab fed. LOL. I am giving her veggies for snacks - fortunately she eats carrots and, I kid you not, Romaine lettuce. That is unbelievable about the parents......

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-26-22, 09:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Mindful Movement with June 1/15/22 - 30 minutes

This had the potential to be a really nice, restorative, workout, but the sound was terrible. I could hardly hear the instructor and the music was way too loud. It was filmed outside in Moab, Utah with interesting looking scenery, but the poor sound quality was very distracting. I did a bit of snow shoveling when I got home from work, so I'm hoping this will help me not to be so sore and stiff tomorrow.

Donna - Hope that's all your DD has. We are finding that most vaccinated young people - especially vaccinated and boosted - are not having too hard a time of it. We had another teacher test positive today and I think our Head of School is probably getting ready to be positive. He has it in his house. They are all vaccinated and boosted, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

On a positive note, our case numbers today were fairly low for us - crossing my fingers that it's the beginning of the end of the spike.

Yes, sometimes people's thought processes are just not rational when it comes to Covid. It's such an emotional issue for folks and here it's a 100% political. We (the School) are so not political - we are just trying to keep everyone at school and safe - but those with opposing viewpoints just can't believe that. We're part of the great conspiracy to take away their rights...

Carol
Old 01-27-22, 08:27 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Walk at Home Steel City 2 Miles with Celina - 30min
Balanced Pilates High Energy Pilates B - 30min

After going back-and-forth about signing up for Walk at Home membership, I've decided to go ahead and do it. I want an easy no-dread cardio with good production value that I can do any time I need to move and don't want to crawl all over the floor (burpees!) to do so. Besides, someone on the other thread mentioned that they'll be raising their prices in February and right now, $49.99 for annual membership is really a steal which gave me the nudge I needed to join. I liked today's workout with Celina. Nice, easy and I got my 2 miles in - all before 6:30am.

I continue to enjoy Lindsay's Balanced Pilates program. Today's class again wasn't really pilates but light dumbbell work that worked the entire body. For half the class we also used a hand towel or in my case a yoga strap. So far, the format of all classes was UB with light weights, core followed by glutes. Quick 30 minute workouts but when you're done, you feel like you've had a very good workout.

Donna, to answer your question re. Mira's Happy Healthy Hips program: I don't know if individual classes are available on her youtube channel. She has so many classes there that it wouldn't surprise me if some, in not all, were included there. Her paid membership site is supposed to have exclusive content but I don't really know if that's the case. While I'm enjoying her paid membership and I joined at half price, I probably won't renew it when my year is up.

I'm trying to decide now if I want to go to the office today or tomorrow. I'm leaning towards going today and getting it over with. For some reason, I'm not in the mood today but I suspect I won't be in the mood tomorrow either, so I should just bite the bullet and go today.

Waves to Carol!

Wishing both of you a great day!
Old 01-27-22, 11:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Last night I did a CS episode from Season 4- 416 - Muscle Chains, it was one of my first episodes!

Today, so far, has been a mix:

- Caroline Sandry - Shape Up - Upper Body - this is a nice DVD - it is filmed outdoors which is good for these winter days. It wasn't too taxing - a mix of body weight and light hand weights. A little bit of Pilates type work as well as traditional work.

- CS 1225 - This was an all standing episode

- Caroline Sandry - 30 Days to Flat Abs - which included Level 1 Pilates and Pilates for Posture

I will try to move around again later today - too much sitting.

I have been on a CS kick lately and I just saw that I could subscribe for 30 days for free. I will probably take advantage of that - I would like to try the new seasons. I didn't order the DVDs b/c of course when they had their sale I wasn't doing CS...and now I just can't bring myself to pay full price. I think they will have another sale over the summer....based on past experience...

Dana - I may subscribe to the Walk at Home site as well - like you, I need some low dread cardio that is easy to follow - and now there seems to be more content beyond the DVDs I already own. So I may jump on that as well. Thanks for your response re: Mira! And, as for the office - never a good time, really.

I also learned about a new Pilates channel - Margaret Elizabeth:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MargaretElizabethLLC

I'm going to try some of her practices soon...or whenever I get bored of Caroline's....

Carol - So far, my DD has tested negative on the home tests but she has a PCR test scheduled for today. If she does have it - it, so far, is pretty much like a head cold - and her BF is not too sick either. Both of them have had their full vaccinations and boosters....My DH gets tested weekly and so far he doesn't have it and I feel fine...fingers crossed....#SICKOFCOVID

Not much else to report - been working and sitting too much.

Need work life balance!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 01-27-22, 11:12 AM  
donnamp

P.S. Happy B'day to Oliver, Dana!

My Lab's "anniversary" is Feb 9th.

Donna
Old 01-27-22, 06:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio Workout with Madeleine 1/5/22 - 30 minutes

Another really nice workout from Madeleine. This one had 3 combinations with "Power Pushes" in between each combo. There was also some balance work at the end. Somehow Madeleine's workouts all feel fresh to me, despite having done many of them.

Dana - Happy Birthday/Anniversary to Oliver! What a fortunate day it was for both you and him when you adopted him.

Thanks for the mini reviews of Lindsay's new series. It definitely sounds like something I would be interested in.

I hope you enjoy your Walk At Home subscription. I always enjoy it when I use it.

Donna - Hope your DD is hanging in there. My boss is still fine, but his vaccinated and boosted wife is definitely not feeling good. His 5th grader is acting like he isn't even sick.

There is plenty of new content on Leslie's site and she seems to keep adding stuff, although I can't say I've noticed a pattern as to when stuff gets added.

I'm taking tomorrow off - after I ended up with no days off on MLK weekend - one CoVid crisis after another that weekend. I have no plans except to do some filing in my office.

Carol