Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-22, 08:41 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout Saturday - still dealing with fallout from the employee situation. This time it is the Board second guessing our decision without having any of the facts or living it in real time. It's enough to edge me towards retirement at the end of this fiscal year.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Osteoporosis Friendly Strength Training - this was good, it was short - 15 min main workout, it was 20+ minutes with warm-up and cool down. 15 exercises done for 45 seconds on/15 seconds off. It was harder than I expected, as is often the case w/ Lauren's workouts. I think I expect them to be "easy" b/c she moves slowly and the vibe in the videos is very relaxed - but they are sneaky. I mean, it isn't puke in a bucket hard, but just harder than I expect from just viewing the workout.

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Osteoporosis Friendly Pilates - this was another good one. Some standing work and some floor work - no crunching or rounding of the spine. There was one section where she had you stand against a wall - but it is hard for me to find a clear wall space, so I just did the moves w/out the wall and it worked fine. The idea was to improve posture.

I did take a quick dog walk yesterday and will probably force myself to do so today. It is going to be cold next weekend....and it is going to be hard to motivate myself to walk in 20 degree weather.

Carol - that is just terrible. It really stinks to be second guessed and not feel suported.

Hope you can enjoy the day ant put work behind you -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-22, 08:10 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Neck Friendly Pilates Workout - 20 minutes

It had been a while since I did this one. My upper back will probably be sore tomorrow...

Donna - I did see where Amy shared that she had breast cancer. Hopefully it won't be too bad!

Carol
Old 12-19-22, 10:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see - yesterday I did get a chilly short dog walk in.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Upper Body Blast - I really enjoy this one - aside from the arms, the whole torso gets worked w/ big range of motion. My entire back is often very stiff due to sitting at a desk all day so these fluid workouts work well for me.

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Standing Pilates - 20 min workout - I did this one lieu of Jessica Valent's barre class today - I like Jessica, but I was more in the mood for Lauren's calming vibe today.

Girl with the Pilates Mat - 10 Min Stretch routine - this one was filmed outdoors.

I logged on today to a crisis - my boss's mom is in the hospital and at the last minute I learned I had to cover a meeting. Ugh. And I didn't have access to any of the slides. To make matters worse, I have my yearly mammo today and I have to go from the meeting straight to the mammo - ugh. My mammos are never easy or straightforward - it will be a Xmas miracle is they don't do additional views, ultrasounds or other fun procedures. But, one can hope.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donn
Old 12-19-22, 08:28 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Walking - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Barre - 20 minutes

Wishing I had done the Advanced Barre workout - it probably would have been fine...

Donna - Nice workouts! I hope your work crisis wasn't too bad and your mammogram turned out fine.

Carol
Old 12-20-22, 10:02 AM  
donnamp

i Everyone,

Yesterday I did take my dog for a short walk and then I ended up doing Yoga Delight from Ellen's site after work. The Yoga Delight is lead by one of her guest instructors - Amy. It is Kundalini inspired. I'm in a low key-exercise mood these days!

Today, so far:

Ellen - Core Walk - just what it sounds like, indoor walking w/ some core work in between.

Pilates Nest - You Tube - Rise & Shine Pilates Retreat Day # 1 this was just a basic short Pilates routine. Smriti used to have a paid site but I think she shut it down and put a lot of her content on You Tube. I do like her routines so I'm glad they are still available on You Tube.

Thanks, Carol! Still waiting to hear the results. The meeting went ok - I just was watching the clock since i knew I had to leave. UGH!

Donna
Old 12-20-22, 06:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Walking - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Unlimited Live Workout: December 2022 - Cardio, Weights & Pilates - 30 minutes

It was only in the mid-40s today, but we walked anyway. Tomorrow it's supposed to get close to 60 and then the low is going to be -1. The high on Thursday is going to be about 10 and Thursday's low is predicted to be -5. Brrr! Lots of wind too, but no snow.

I liked Jessica's December Live Workout - it was definitely a keeper.

Tomorrow morning I have my PRP procedure done and then at 1 I have to be interviewed about the work matter. I spent some time this afternoon reconstructing the timeline so I would be prepared, at least as prepared as you can be for such craziness.

Donna - Fingers crossed for your mammogram results.

Carol
Old 12-20-22, 06:32 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

So funny I was just reading my e-mail. We are supposed to get a lot of rain on Thursday and into Friday and then on Friday our temps are going to drop from the mid-40s to 10. It is going to be a cold weekend. No significant snow - maybe a little on Friday as the weather changes. But then a cold, cold weekend ahead. Glad that other than going to church we have no plans to go anywhere.

So far no news on the mammo - which I'm taking to be a good sign. Fingers crossed. I'd be happy with my usual letter that says come back in six months for a follow up.

Donna
Old 12-21-22, 09:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a short dog walk in and then I did Ellen's Quick Core Fusion after work.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valent - Full Body Workout with Weights - I really enjoyed this one. Basic weight work - nothing fancy and I challenged myself to use my 8's for the standing work. For the floorwork I used a combo of 8's, 5's and 3's.

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Stress Relief - this was just a nice practice - a little bit of light toning and gentle stretching/movement.

I plan to get a dog walk in and maybe a quick Ellen workout this evening. This may be my last outdoor walk until next week - we're getting a ton of rain on Thursday then cold temps Friday-Sunday.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 12-21-22, 08:14 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Full Body Workout With Weights - 30 minutes

A nice basic weight workout.

Glad to have today behind me. I was a little worried about the PRP injection, but it wasn't too bad. The doctor said I won't notice much improvement for a few weeks (and of course, it may not help at all). If I see improvement, then he will repeat it in another few weeks. It was bothering me a little bit after it was done - not surprising - but tonight it doesn't bother me at all. Fingers crossed that it helps.

After that fun thing I had to be interviewed for the "investigation". Sigh...

The cold weather blows in tonight after 60 degree temps today it will barely get to 10 degrees tomorrow.

Donna - Hope you've gotten good news by now regarding your mammogram.

Carol