Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-28-21, 08:04 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's dark and stormy outside this morning - I'm hoping the clouds dump lots of rain! So far, looks like pretty light rain... After this passes, I'll take Gus for a walk - no WRC this morning. I slept last night downstairs - lots cooler than upstairs even with the AC going. Gus did well, I have a stiff neck this morning. I'm working with my lawyer on my will and living trust to have changes made - so far, no personal meeting for signatures scheduled. I've got my passport photos and need to fill out the renewal forms for mailing in - my printer at home isn't giving good colors - wondering if I should get new ink before sending in this form. Otherwise more putzing...

Laura, yay I can see your faces better with the bigger photo - nice! Glad you enjoyed Pasadena. Hope you have a safe flight home!

Paula, My passport expires May 2022, but I wanted to get it renewed now as I may take a trip next year in June. I feel sorry for the people seeking passports for earlier trips - I hear the waits are long...

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-21, 07:48 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 23 Met Con.
We went to a friends to help him with a project and all in all had a good day.

Laura, I think today you return home, hope you had a good flight. I was so glad to get a chance to meet you.

Anita, Good idea to start early of renewing your passport. The information we were given when we signed up for this upcoming cruise and flights was they wanted us to use a passport for ID if we had one. Also it had to be a passport that would not expire within six months. Not a problem for us. Not sure why our "real ID" driver's licenses weren't just as good but they requested passports if you have them so that's what we're using. Yay for rain - send some here. Hope you and Gus got a nice walk in.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 07:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing some carcassone and then getting Gus out for a walk. I also have to stop by the post office to mail off my passports and application. I'm also planning on calling an eye clinic specializing in glaucoma for another appointment in about three months. I've got an appointment with my lawyer set up also next month. Whew! Lots of my to do list is done!

Is anyone else having lots of issues with Chrome quitting? I seem to get this every few hours, then quitting every five minutes... Don't know what's going on but very annoying.

Hope Laura's made it home OK and they're adjusting to the time changes.

Paula, yeah, I just want the passport ready for action before it expires - who knows maybe visiting my student in Latvia in the future? I've got a few months before the 6 month expiring date, but figure that's better than waiting in a line.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-29-21, 05:13 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Greetings from North Carolina! We switched hotels on Tuesday so we'd be close to the airport before flying out at 9:30 a.m. We drove around the hills above L.A. - Mulholland Drive and Woodrow Wilson Drive. It was a beautiful and interesting drive. I've read so many books where someone was murdered somewhere around Mulholland Drive and I've seen so many T.V. shows/movies where people met up at the overlook on Mulholland that I wanted to see it for myself. The hotel did not have WIFI, so I couldn't check in on Tuesday evening.

We flew home yesterday and it went well. We landed a few minutes early again and Mom and Dad picked us up. Today, I had an infusion. Between the jetlag and the infusion hangover, I'm super out of it!

Hope you both are doing well.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-21, 08:29 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 25 Moderate Weights and a neighborhood walk with DH.

It was a beautigul day so we went flying. Otherwise not much to say.

Anita, your day sounds busy. No issues with Chrome here. Yeah, we started the renewal process early on our passports too. It was during one of those times when the "war on terror" was taking time, money, and people away from other government agencies. We'd heard passport renewals were taking longer than usual so we started way early.

Laura, glad you got home safe and sound. Seems like alot to have an infusion right after a long flight. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.
Old 07-30-21, 06:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC and giving Gus his walk. We'll be having a lunch at the WRC to celebrate our leader's passing the baton on to another person. I'm bringing some sort of noodle, cheese and veggie salad - that's my cooking - buy stuff at the deli counter of a store .

I stopped by the Apple store yesterday and they recommended I get an iPad instead of the new desktop computer . It's very functional these days for what I do, and lots smaller than the current desktop computer that costs $$. My current desktop is 12 years old and balking at the new software out there. My iPod is also dying - battery only lasts 20 minutes and can't be replaced. I can get the iPad with a phone function so I can travel with it when this kid gets here. Oh well, new stuff to think about!

Laura, cool that you were able to travel Mulholland road! Glad you got home fine!

Paula, I got my passport stuff mailed off yesterday - yay! I'm not in a hurry to get it renewed, but it will be good to get it done before it expires. Enjoy your flying!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-30-21, 06:44 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I was so out of it last night and applied adjectives to myself I usually don't think are valid - airheady, loopy, catatonic... I woke up way too early this morning, but before then slept like the dead, so I've felt more like myself today. I'm trying to finish off a pack of decorative paper, so I made some cards today. We got some stuff done around the house and got a haircut (yay!). It was a nice Friday - even if it didn't feel like Friday.

Anita - My laptop is a hybrid laptop / tablet and I really like it. It's light and smaller than previous laptops and has plenty of power. Good luck making a decision.

Paula - Yeah, it was a lot, but it's done. The infusion was due during our trip, so I needed to get it done once we got back. It sounds like you had a pleasant day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-30-21, 07:49 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 26 Core Strength and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, DH and I both have ipads. His has the cellular option so he can use with mobile data just like a phone. I highly recommend it. We use his in the plane and always take it on trips. The ipads are easily portable and easy to use. Hope you enjoyed the "pass the mantle" party.

Laura, I totally understand that feeling. It always takes me a day or two to adjust after traveling across three time zones. I got a haircut today too - yay - I really needed it.
Old 07-31-21, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing laundry, walking Gus, and putzing around today. This evening I'll be going out to a school to see one of my college friends perform in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat . We're still dealing with lots of smoke in the air - we're in the most hazardous air quality purple zone (https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/0...4IHtTXqJ7rVKqU). It's supposed to be here in our area till Tuesday - I see it, but not feeling badly or having breathing problems because of it. The fires are from Canada . I'll do a bit more research on the iPad before putting in my order...

Yesterday at the park, a weasel crossed our path! I've never seen one in the woods like that - cool! Luckily Gus hadn't seen it, but he did smell it. At home, I had an osprey sitting on my utility wires checking out the neighbor's bird feeders. Check ins for yesterday's nature sightings .

Laura, I'm glad you enjoyed your Friday . Your computer sounds like something I'm looking at getting - the iPad and then a keyboard that I can attach to the computer.

Paula, the party/picnic went well! The macaroni salad was good! Of course, brought a lot home, so I'll be eating it all week... Sounds like a good haircutting day!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-31-21, 12:36 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We're having a lazy Saturday which I am enjoying. I finished the last of the cards I'll be making and started putting crafting stuff away. I do want to get more stuff put away. And we'll attend church virtually. Other than that, we'll see what I get into today.

Anita - I have a Lenovo, so it's different than what you are talking about, but I think it's the same concept as far as smaller goes. However, a keyboard is built in. I do too much typing to not have a built-in keyboard.

Paula - Doesn't the hair feel good? I hadn't realized how out of control it was until I got it cut.

Laura's Workout Mantras: