Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-21, 02:47 PM  
sbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I have discovered a new found love for balance workouts. If you have any favorites you'd like to suggest, I'd love to try them
https://www.youtube.com/c/PahlaBower...?query=balance

I've been doing Pahla's workouts for the last three months.
sbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 05:10 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Day 4
#5: Tracie Long / Longevity Series / Kickback (dust bunny)

I really enjoyed this workout. I'm thoroughly enjoying short & sweet workouts, with some weight work, some kickboxing. I could these types every day.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 06:06 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Day 3 - Karen Voight Total Body Pilates. I remember at least viewing this one, but can't confirm if I have actually have done it. So I'm counting it as a virgin . I completed it today, and can confirm I don't remember ever doing it lol! I really liked the workout. Wish there was more work for the quads, but it will definitely work your glutes and inner/outer thighs. A bit for hamstrings and abs too. Jazzy R&B flavored music, which most call elevator music, but I love. Definitely a keeper if you are avoiding squats and lunges.
I haven't done Total Body Pilates in maybe a year or more, but I remember my inner thighs crying for mercy. I blame the Pilates circle for that, lol.

Day 4
Viveca Jensen: Piloxing Express Toning

I thought this was a fantastic workout! Today was a day where I wasn’t motivated to workout and thought about pulling out a Margaret Richard DVD with no dread factor. However, I wanted to stick to the challenge and did this workout instead. I’m glad I did 😊

It’s much better than the original Piloxing workout -which I did only once before shuttering it away into storage. This express workout is one I will want to do often.

The arm work is nice, but you really need to focus on the muscles to make it work. It would compliment other more challenging arm workouts that use weights. The thigh and ab workouts were challenging, but not overly so.

Piloxing Express Toning is available on Youtube. However, the quality isn’t as good as the DVD. Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teyOxPK4mUA&t=269s
Old 07-14-21, 06:20 PM  
bubbles76

Oh Karla, I let this one go years ago without trying it. It's been on my mind for the lower body work alone.

Day 4 - Steven San Soucie Stepping Alive - I only got 47 minutes through before my knees started protesting. Oh, if I have to give up step, I'm afraid there isn't much left for my cardio . I have some dance and hi/lo but step is my first love. I've already had to give up or greatly modify most of my bootcamp, HIIT, hi impact cardio.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 07:07 PM  
jetlitis

DAY 4 (July 14, 2021) Virgin

2007's Jessica Smith Women's Health: Train for Your Body Type
  • Cardio (30m)
  • Upper Body (20m)
  • Lower Body (20m)
  • Abs (10m)
(I enjoyed this workout today. Not too easy and not too hard. I've had this sealed DVD for the longest time -- a minimum of 10 years -- I love Jessica Smith and I don't know why it took me so long to try it. Maybe because I love the look of a sealed DVD workout. Sometimes I think I'm crazy! )
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 09:20 AM  
SherBear

Day 4 Kimberly Spreen
CIA-2605 Cardio-Camp Workout

At one point in my WO life I was hooked on kickboxing. I acquired anything with the word 'kickbox' in the description. This is how I got this dvd.

Kimberly does a wonderful job cueing. I get lost in fancy steps, this one i didn't. I was shocked. Here is another instructor that I need to see what she is up to these days.

Pluses
No equipment
Old school cardio workout- no stopping 47 minute hi,low Kickbox aerobics. Easily modified.

Minuses for me
This is a 'learn this portion, then this portion, and this portion, etc and at the end put it all together and do it million times' type of WO. I'm not a fan of those as I find them boring. Luckily, I can simply stop the WO when it starts that 'all together' stuff and move on to the next section.
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 01:45 PM  
Kitten

Day 5 dustbunny that I honestly wasn't sure if it was a dustbunny or a virgin. The ramp cardio express with Gin Miller.

Now I bought these used ages ago even though I didn't have a ramp. I bought a Wave at a thrift store and thought it would be a good substitute. And that's how I did them. I don't remember why I stopped using them.

Anyhoo, I still don't have a ramp, so I used my step.

Pros: Gin. I have 2 left feet, but she made everything make sense to me.

Cons: The "short warmup" was 7 minutes long. Gin did flub the cueing a few times. A short cool down/stretch.

I am still so ambivalent about this workout. I have Leslie's and those I like. I will just have to do the other ones I own by Gin and see what's what.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 03:08 PM  
jetlitis

DAY 5 (July 15, 2021) semi-Virgin

2003 (?) Leslie Sansone - Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection:
4 Mile Super Challenge

There are 4 walking workouts on the DVD: 1, 2, 3, 4 miles. I did the 1 mile walk some time ago, but this is the first time for the 4 Mile Super Challenge. I'm sort of in a brain fog today, so this was what I needed.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 03:47 PM  
SherBear

Day 5 Jackie Warner
30 Day Fast Start

I needed a workout with zero jumping so I had to go with one I am familiar with.
This is a high rep WO broken out into upper and lower. 55 reps per exercise done in a alternating pyramid fashion.
I can't keep up with her so I think I got an average of 40 reps. I was challenged.

I really like Jackie. No nonsense style and motivating words. I am in awe of her physique, especially her shoulders.

Pluses
It goes fast. I was only going to do lower but that went quick so I did upper also. Total about 50 mins.
minimal equipment - 2 sets of weights, mat

Minuses
Very little leg work -squats and deadlifts (which i could easily put in the plus column) I consider this an upper body workout with a good ab section.
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 06:25 PM  
Karla25

Day 5

I wanted to try a couple of new YouTube instructors that I’d not heard anything about on our forum or elsewhere :-)

1. Angie at AngieFitnessTV

This is a light cardio routine that’s done barefoot. It has some strength work at the end, but I was only interested in doing the 20 minutes of cardio. Angie mirror cues and has a lot of rotational movements that are good for spinal flexibility. I enjoyed this workout and will do it again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFYeoBsx7M

2. Jessica Richburg

This is a pleasant and gentle stretching routine performed on the floor. This is another keeper. Both of these workouts are suitable for rest days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwKKCqkJxg&t=5s

Tags
dustbunnies, new instructors, rotation ideas, virgins