Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-12-21, 11:22 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Day 2

Today was my first time with Trudie Styler's Yoga for Weight Loss DVD. I did the following practices....
  • Bonus AM workout (with only James D'Silva.) 10 min.
  • Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss (18 min.)
  • Chair Yoga (35 min.)

I did the brief AM workout two times through. Unlikely I would choose this one again. Filmed with green screen (stark white background.) Just okay.
Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss. Pretty good.
Chair Yoga. My favorite, so far. Very, very good!

This DVD has a lot. Another Total Body Yoga routine, an Ab Yoga workout (with some Pilates elements) a meditation segment, and interview with Trudie, plus a weight loss Dr.

Trudie says she's been doing yoga for 20 years and that's no surprise. Sting has been a fan of yoga for a long time, too! James D'Silva must have a dance background, as he is graceful and smooth with very choreographed routines (which are nice, but take a little getting used to.) His voice is soft and easy to listen to. Trudie and James are in synch with every breath they take.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 02:58 PM  
Kitten

I'm in the middle of running a program, so most of mine are going to be add-ons, like today.

Quick fix abs stability ball. I picked this one, because I only do the one yoga and the one pilates with Michelle Dozois of this collection.

Likes: Keli, the back work - which I find neglected even many core workout, the balance work

Dislikes: I still cannot do pikes, but the modification was way to easy. There is a middle ground.

Will I choose this one again? Probably. I am always looking for different ways to work my abs/core
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 05:22 PM  
Helen

I'm aiming just for 20 DIFFERENT instructors. Some will be virgin instructors, some not; some will be virgin workout, some not - just 20 different inscructors in a row.

Day 2 = Monday, 12th July
Christi Taylor Solid Gold Step - 2nd Half First Mix, 8"
Jillian Michaels - Body Revolution - Workout 1

Christi has been done regularly on Mondays for several weeks at 6", one more time at 8" & I'll call it DONE - even all the arms!! Shall then move to another workout with complex choreography.

Jillian - neither workout nor instructor virginal, but promised to RE-start JMBR on Monday.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 05:43 PM  
SherBear

Day 2 Teri Ann Krefting
Crunch Belly Butt and Thighs Boot Camp - it is lower body workout with cardio intervals thrown in to get the heart rate up.

I liked this instructor. I would love to take her classes in the gym.
Not wordy but motivating.

Pluses
No equipment needed
40 minutes and it goes fast.

Minuses for some
The title gives away what is in store. Squats and lunges, nothing terrible because there are no weights.
I doubt I will get the DOMS from this. Not enough reps I suspect.
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 05:58 PM  
bubbles76

For some reason, I thought we started the check in today . But I did new -to-me workouts

DAY 1 - Kathy Kaehler Basics Workout Class - this was a good little step workout if you are looking for something non-complicated and low impact that will help you work up a sweat. Since the air is not working in my workout room, I seriously need cardio workouts that are fun and won't make me think hard. This fit the bill. Although I'm usually a cardio hound, this workout was simple, basic, and fun. Easy to modify up by adding hand weights or raising the step height.

DAY 2 - Fe Fit Upper Body Workout 3 - Pink, girly, and moderately tough with the right weights. They used 3's throughout, I used mostly 5's and 10's. For shoulder work, I stayed with 3's.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 06:31 PM  
Karla25

Day 2

Kathy Smith: Total Body Lift

I recently received this little gem from Share the Wealth. Thanks Fanofladyvols & SeaBliss!

Today was the first time trying it out. I enjoyed the way it flowed and the stretching after each segment. It’s not a tough workout, but I did feel some toning. There’s no dread factor with this one. I’m sure I will do this one again soon. It was perfect after a day of hitting thrift stores 😊

Kathy Smith has graciously provided clips and a segment of the workout on YouTube.

Here’s a link to the barre segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo6dyRWGQxU&t=264s
Old 07-12-21, 06:40 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

DAY 2 (I'm doing 20 different instructors - virgins & dust bunnies only; may do other workouts too, but they won't count for this challenge.)
#3: Rebekah Sturkie / pink FIRM - Target Toning Zero-in-Ten - just the Legs, Arms, and "buns" segments (virgin!)

I'm trying to go through all of my DVDs with the intention of getting rid of ones that no longer serve me; this challenge will help with that objective. I'm very so-so on this one. It's good for days when I'm sitting in front of the computer for too long; 10 minute segments throughout the work hours helps me get activity. But Rebekah is a little too whoopy in this workout.

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 06:42 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlitis View Post
Also, I've owned this DVD for 10 years and it took me nearly 10 years to do it[/I]! }
I know what you mean!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 03:05 PM  
Kitten

Day 3, virgin.

So, I quit Pahla B's 30 day walking workout a day or two in. I had just finished her weight loss series and 1) I wanted to get back to other things and 2) I had reached my Pahla limit. Today's choice is from that series.

I love Pahla's balance workouts. I do one of her workouts weekly. I did day 11 from her walking series. I enjoyed it of course. I must have done later ones from this series though, Because there's a workout were she says "remember that story about me following over at the doctor's office?" And no, I don't???

The story is in this workout, lol.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 04:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Day 3

Today I did Mandy Ingber's Yogalosophy (Express Yogalosophy) workout.

I had been curious about this one, since she is Jennifer Aniston's yoga instructor. I had seen Mandy on a morning show recently promoting her latest book.

The positives
  • I got this one used
  • Some good toning with focus on lower body
  • 35 minutes for Express workout
  • Good music
  • Good location

The negatives
  • Mandy wears short shorts with butt cheeks hanging out during Sun Salutes
  • Mandy doesn't cue enough, so you have to look up at the screen constantly
  • Supposed to do eight reps of each exercise, but pace or count isn't equal.
  • No cues to tell you when you've switched sides or changed poses
  • Mandy cracks jokes about her butt or inner thighs. This will get old on repeat viewings.

Overall good exercises for toning legs, thighs and butt (my problem areas.) The routine could be memorized, so you could do this on your own. Not much yoga focus, so those expecting yoga "flow" will be disappointed. Instructor has a tongue-in-cheek, joking attitude about body parts, but we all know most people bought this hoping to have a Jennifer Aniston body so I think Mandy is doing quite well for herself.

I have other yoga DVDs I would choose over this one, but okay when I want to target specific areas in a short amount of time.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunnies, new instructors, rotation ideas, virgins