Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-22, 12:17 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - jacquelyn barre + 15 min Gina B walk
today - stretches from Shiva Rae's yoga shakti finally figured a set of chapters that give a 45 min stretch. only took like 15 years.

well tonight is my last time to teach in person. next week I give an exam. wow! it's a bit emotional.

ebianco - glad things are getting more normal for you - and wow missing work during the busy time of year is so tough. this week was the 5th of the 5 floor barre. They claim they will send out a link so we can have them for 60 days but they seem a bit tripped up by some of the technology (who would expect a retirement org and ballerinas to be tech geniuses! I pondering purchasing another floor barre workout.

hi buzzer hope you and LB are having a great week.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 07:49 AM  
Buzzer

Rest day... DONE!
Firm Super Sculpting... DONE!

I took a rest day because we had a huge, busy day planned and I slept so crappy the night before. I kept waking up thinking (dreaming, I'm sure) I was smelling something burning. I slept for maybe 3 hours, the rest of the time was restless. I woke up at 2:45am, and wasn't able to fall back to sleep. Since we had a crap ton to do that day, I decided not to spend energy working out that I might need later in the day. So, skipped it.

Yesterday I did Super Sculpting... woof. I know this is one of my favorite Firms, and I have in my head that it's tough. However, I used my backup copy so I didn't have my notes about the workout, so I did it blind. I looked at the total time, 51 minutes, and thought "Oh I can do that. It's less than a 45 minute workout by the time I do the warm up and cool down. I've been doing 30 minute workouts, this'll be fine." WOW. Do you now how much the Firm can shove into a 40 something minute workout???? It literally is one thing after another. I had to pause a few times because I had to get my equipment ready! I had a muscle not feeling right.... like I slept on it wrong or it was a little injured... in my right deltoid, which affected my delts and my biceps. My biceps especially. So it was tough, and I dropped down to 12's for some of the exercises just to baby that muscle.

I used 15's for my heavy weight (except for when they did pushups, I did chest presses with 20's) and on the final set of leg presses on the tall box and lunges, I thought I wouldn't be able to get off the box or out of my lunge position. I was definitely Firm tired at the end! It felt really good though. I, of course, LOVE the Firm and am now missing them. I am going to add this into my rotation more, and probably add some of the other Firm classics in too. My rotation sure is getting big! I love it though. I love this variety. I'm glad I am doing what I'm doing, and wish I would have done it sooner! The variety in strength training is exactly what I love.

I know I told you guys that doing a rotation seems kinda off balance to me, and when I did one the of Cathe rotations it just seemed like towards the end I could tell I was overworking some muscles and ignoring others (overworking major muscles in one plane of motion, so the minor helpers were getting more developed in one plane too, so I'd have pain or movement issues after the rotation). I feel like even if a workout is kinda unbalanced, it's OK because I won't be "repeating the mistakes" and creating imbalances. I will be moving on to something else completely different and it'll all workout in the future.

We got a new treadmill with this big screen a few weeks ago. I used it for the first time a few days ago (I don't know why I didn't check in with it... it's been a busy week so I think I was sporadic on my checkins) anyhow, there's this program called "IFit" and it's like walking or working out with a trainer. The trainer is on a trail in Switzerland, and you walk the trail with him. The treadmill deck moves up and down automatically with the grade of the trail, so you basically walk with someone and look around. It's really cool! So today I will do a walk on the treadmill and look around Switzerland!

My sciatica is acting up (I am saying that in my head like I'm 80). It's gradually getting better, but it was really bad about 3 days ago. I am working on stretching and getting rid of it, so the walk might be really good for me.

Ebianco: I'm glad you are getting back in the groove. Coming back after something like that must be so hard! I would be constantly checking on my DH through the day. I can't even imagine. So DH finally noticed the picture of the cow over the couch last night. He said "Huh. I don't know how I feel about that." LB and I said "what?" and he pointed to the picture. I have to agree with him. I don't know how I feel about it. I love it, and think it's ridiculous all at the same time. Even when I was holding it before buying it, I was absolutely in love with it, but also contemplating putting it back because it's ridiculous! It is the strangest picture. I love it though! I don't know. It's a hard feeling to describe. It does crack me up though.

Eventmom: I thought your semester goes until December!! That's great that you have your last in person class! I could totally understand the emotions. I remember when I quit my job when I had LB, it was so hard. I was happy, but it was like, what now? What do I do with myself? I didn't know how to do anything other than work. I felt kinda useless. It took a while (and a lot of personal turmoil) to find my groove. I always measured my time in money, and suddenly I had no measure. I was well known in my profession, suddenly I was in a profession with no friends, no notoriety, and no way of even finding people in my same boat. I was completely cut off from the notoriety, from walking into somewhere and people knew me, to having the control. It was so hard. Anyhow, I guess I'm going into that because I could see you going through the same thing with retirement. Hopefully you don't, however just know that I get it! If you need to vent it won't be on ears that don't really understand. Granted, our situations are different so I won't get it 100% but you know what I mean.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-22, 09:43 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, happy Friday!

Today was Epic Heat Day 23 with a very comprehensive leg workout (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEc...XkXVM&index=25) and I had the energy and time to do the whole thing. I went a little more slow/heavy than Caroline did (I mean, heavier weights for me even though hers are still heavier-her 27# weights are probably on her lighter side because she was whipping through reps). My upper body has DOMS from yesterday, and today I wiped out my legs, so tomorrow's total body should be interesting. Every week I think "how will I do a total body next?!" LOL but I get through it. I am nearly halfway through the Epic Heat rotation! Heat is supposed to be one of the easier rotations, so I don't think I'll attempt Epic 3 or Epic Endgame anytime soon. I am interested in Iron and Fuel but they're supposed to be harder too, but I'll see how I feel when I finish. I may just take a break and repeat Epic Heat!

Edited for Saturday: Today was Epic Heat Day 24 total body complexes (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgF6...XkXVM&index=26). Very metabolic and the time FLEW by way more than I would have thought, there's something about complexes that seems like it would be tedious on preview but when you're in the workout it actually goes really fast. I wanted something different for my warm up so I pulled out Fitprime GForce with Tracie and I've always loved this one. I didn't do it all just a few cardio tunes, then the main workout, and extended stretch for a 60 minute workout. Now to get through the HIIT tomorrow

Can you believe they still haven't figured out my cpap? Every time I call it's "oh we'll put in another call with them (the cpap vendor), I can't believe they haven't called you yet" and promise they will call me back with a status, which they never do, I am now having to call like every day.

Eventmom Wow did you figure out good stretches form Shiva Rae's Shakti DVD with the matrix thing? I have that DVD but was never able to really figure out chapters I liked and wanted to repeat, not because I didn't like what I tried but because of the overwhelming content. If you remember what set of chapters you strung together, let me know!

Wow congratulations on your last time teaching in person!! I hope you have a lot of good plans going into retirement? Like Buzzer said, so you don't lose yourself or feel unproductive.

Buzzer That is funny about the picture of the cow and wasn't sure about it either - funny but chic?

I am constantly checking with DH, asking him how he's feeling today, how he's doing with work, etc. I ask him how he slept last night, how he feels at the end of the day, probably multiple times a day! He may be tired of that but at least he knows I care!

The Firm Super Sculpting workout REALLY knows how to cram things in, for sure. It is literally one thing after another, like you said!! Jen's upper body is so tough but then the curtsey lunges and then leg press with Nancy is so tough too, then I usually feel slightly better when I get to Dale's upper body then Carissa's legs doesn't seem AS bad since its at the end. It is definitely a toughie but goodie! I really hope your right delt feels better and won't be an ongoing issue.
Old 10-08-22, 12:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - woke up with a migraine, no surprise after my night class but managed ttapp barefoot basic 30 minutes.
today - jacquelyn umoff intense cardio barre remix + 20 min keoni walk

trying to get some cardio in

retirement - since you both mentioned it - well horses! more horse stuff. I'm also taking an oil painting class that I enjoy so I'll keep that up and I've had a creative writing hobby for many years that I'll spend more time on. so - yep I'll be busy!

buzzer - I actually am teaching until december, but my in person class ends next week. then I have 8 week remote/on line. I like being in person but I'll probably teach 1-2 remote classes per year for a bit. I'm ready to be done with the bad parts of my job - there seems to be no concern for quality teaching at all. just throwing warm bodies into classes room and getting those $. I'm glad I can retire early. The treadmill workout sounds fun!

ebianco - I've taken notes for years - more than a decade, maybe closer to 20 years - about the different chapters. anyway the chapters below clock in at 46 min.
prana yoga
standing backbend prep
shoulder openers
(add lunge prep to 5:20 longer stretch)
supine poses
forward bends and twists
shavasana

the lunar meditation is nice to add on at the beginning - it's 3:31

those chapters are the ones I've pretty much used but I *finally* ran the timer on my phone as I practiced rather than trying to add up the duration of each chapter.

sorry about your CPAP drama ug. Glad you DH is doing okay with being back at work. Hopefully you can rest this weekend.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 12:15 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I started a new Fall/Winter thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...44#post2978344

but I have to run off so will do my checkin later today