Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-24, 07:42 AM  
bubbles76

Looking for Sheets on Amazon....

or anyplace else with an easy, convenient return policy if it doesn't work out? I'm on the lookout for new sheets. Soft, decent thread count, stand up to mulitple washings. Nothing that has to be washed fancy please. Please let me know
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 09:25 AM  
Vantreesta

https://a.co/d/6TmJjIO

Bubbles, I bought these sheets in April 2022 and they still look and feel great. No fancy wash instructions, and I wash them weekly. I have restless legs syndrome and regularly wear out the fitted sheet but so far these are still holding up and not getting threadbare.

ETA: I should note, hubby sweats a lot when he sleeps so there has been some discoloration on his pillowcase. And I do rotate the fitted sheet each week so the corners are opposite and my legs don't wear on the same side of the sheet every week. I don't know if that's making a huge difference on the longevity but thought I should mention it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 12:55 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I really like these that I bought in 2021 and they're still in great shape.

California Design Den 100% Cotton Sheets

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 01:36 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I haven't bought new ones recently (except for flannel sheets at Walmart) but a friend swears by the sheets from L.L.Bean. (or is it Lands End? ...) Gosh, I'm not much help!

-Neita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 04:17 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I haven't bought new ones recently (except for flannel sheets at Walmart) but a friend swears by the sheets from L.L.Bean. (or is it Lands End? ...) Gosh, I'm not much help!

-Neita
I swear by LL Bean sheets. Will not buy anything else.
Old 03-27-24, 05:29 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
Thank you!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 10:03 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post

-Neita
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
LL Bean's 280 thread count percale and ultrasoft comfort flannel sheets are awesome and hold up perfectly in normal washing/drying. Years of use and they are still the same.

As far as softness goes, while percale may get a bit more relaxed over time, they will always be percale sheets and thus a bit crisp, so not as soft as some other types of sheets (depending on how you define "soft"). I happen to like the feel of percale sheets, especially in the warmer months.

In the colder months, percale can be rather cold to slip into. So I switch to using either jersey or flannel sheets, both of which are super soft. For flannel, LL Bean of course. For jersey sheets, I have Target's Threshold brand jersey sheets from 2020 which appear to no longer be sold anymore (at least not with good reviews). I also tried Amazon Basics jersey sheets back when I slept in a different size bed and they seemed just as good. I'll probably try Amazon Basics for jersey sheets if my Target Threshold jersey sheets ever wear out.

Amazon Basics jersey sheets link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FYCBBWB/

For a sateen finish which is kind of a smooth, slightly slippery soft (my mom prefers sateen), Cuddledown has 400 thread count sateen sheet sets in a variety of colors. They're a bit expensive though even if you have a promo code, but they wear like iron, just like LL Bean sheets. And it appears JCPenney is still selling their wrinkle guard sateen sheets which are very similar to Cuddledown's except cheaper price and fewer color choices (but my mom has and likes both brands of sateen sheets and I do her wash so can vouch for how they hold up). https://www.jcpenney.com/p/wrinkle-g...plType=regular (she still slightly prefers the Cuddledown ones though, if you're into sateen).
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-24, 07:50 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks so much for the suggestions ladies! After much deliberation, I went with the California Design Den sheets. LL Bean is a bit out my range right now, even if they last forever ha! I need sheets now, as Puppy Bubble tore up the sheets. I do like the idea of flannel sheets so I may wait to see if LL Bean has a sale on flannel sheets over the summer.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-24, 06:22 AM  
antbuko

I have several sets of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not high-end sheets, but they wash well and even if they wrinkle a bit in the dryer, the wrinkles come out when I make the bed. Soft, cool and comfortable. Better than Walmart's microfiber sheets.
Old 03-29-24, 10:17 AM  
laurajhawk

I have some Lands End flannel sheets that are still almost like new after YEARS of use!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off topic, off-topic, sheets