Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 02-03-23, 01:46 PM  
wendug

Reddit Instagram Realities

Keep this in mind the next time you see a fitness influencer on Instagram.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Instagramre.../fake_padding/

Just...why??? I guess it is better than surgery, but some influencers are putting forward unrealistic images. No wonder so many people have body issues when they see stuff like this.
Old 02-03-23, 04:18 PM  
prettyinpink

Yes, and a significant number of people out there also have rear implants, too. It’s just like with facial work or anything else. You see someone who looks so great, but never know how much of it is real, especially on the Internet with filters, angles, lighting.
Old 02-03-23, 06:46 PM  
wendug

I watched the movie Bullet Train recently and noticed that when Sandra Bullock appears at the end of the movie to meet up with Brad Pitt, her face looks completely smooth and blurred, like it was heavily edited. Brad Pitt is looking grizzled and well, like a man his age, but Sandra Bullock just didn't look right- too perfect. It's an entertaining movie if you haven't seen it.
Old 02-04-23, 08:00 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

It's all so fake.

Hollywood, esp.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 02-04-23, 12:19 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Those influencers are going to be around as long as there are people who believe you can look like someone just by copying their diet and workouts.

I have a little bit of hope for younger people. My daughter said this song is becoming popular: Victoria's Secret

(ETA: of course Youtube tacked a diet ad onto the video.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 02-04-23, 12:36 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Those influencers are going to be around as long as there are people who believe you can look like someone just by copying their diet and workouts.

I have a little bit of hope for younger people. My daughter said this song is becoming popular: Victoria's Secret

That was cool! And there were lots of comments on the video from fathers with daughters showing their appreciation for the song. Nice to see stuff like that picking up an audience.
Old 02-04-23, 06:50 PM  
wendug

Quote:

Great song with inspiring lyrics! Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-04-23, 07:14 PM  
Leonana

Quote:

Loved it!
Old 02-04-23, 08:20 PM  
jusca

no surprise, sadly. too many people have butts all of a sudden. it's almost like pancake booties aren't the norm. round booties used to be a genetic prize and sometimes the result of actual hard work. now you can skip the line and buy them.
Old 02-05-23, 09:49 AM  
kat999

I often think it borders on unethical or even abusive that certain body types or facial features are "in" or "out" at various points in time. Not stylistic things like hair or clothes or makeup, but the size of your rear or bust or muscles or waistline. Obviously fitness is important to us otherwise we wouldn't be here, but I'm not working out to try to fit into a societal mold, I'm working out to feel energized, healthy, strong, and maybe I have an aesthetic goal for myself, but it rarely specifically adheres to the current cultural fad. I also can't change things like my height or bone structure, and even if I wanted to get lip fillers or botox or a nose job, I can't afford those things. Furthermore, the resulting effects often make everyone look the same. It's uncanny and disturbing.

I'm all for bodily autonomy, but there is insidious pressure on young, impressionable teens and young adults of all genders to conform to having unobtainable muscles or snatched waistlines or thigh gaps or round rear ends, and they punish themselves when they can't achieve those results. It's awful.

Tags
aesthetics, body image, fake padding, influencers, instagram, social media