Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-01-22, 08:02 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross Trainers MAY 2022

Good morning!

Walk, Run & Lift - 45min. One of the newer ones. Meh.
Hip Hop Abs Abs Sculpt - 25min. Fun!

Waves to all!
Old 05-01-22, 03:22 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up with workouts:

Friday - I did a bunch of Gina B's 1 song workouts strung together. I did a warm-up, 2 lower body workouts, 2 upper and a cool down.

Saturday - Leslie - 20 Min Fast Walk from Tone Every Zone & Jessica Valent - Mindful Movement Full Body Pilates Workout

Sunday - Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Yoga Challenge Day 1 - which was a 5 min morning yoga, Ellen - 4 Elements Flow, and I added on another Yoga w/ Bird - 10 Min Morning Yoga Miracle

I think my friend in NY has COVID - I was talking to her Friday and she was coughing and said it felt like an elephant was sitting on her chest. That is exactly what a co-worker said when she had it....

Thanks for starting us off on a new thread, Dana!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-22, 05:10 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Someone please talk me out of re-subscribing to Pilates by Lisa!

I was a member for probably 2-3 years, and then I cancelled my membership 3 years ago so that I can try other instructors. For the past 6 months or so, I again started receiving weekly emails from Lisa and she's made some significant changes to her website since I was last a member. I really like what I see and I'm SO tempted to sign up again. Problem is that her membership is expensive, but in fairness it's not any more so than some of the other instructors. It's 24.99/month or 249.99/annual. I can pay it, but I'm also frugal (my dh calls me cheap! ) and it doesn't sit well with me to pay that much for streaming.

I'm cancelling 2 subscriptions this month, and one in Oct and another one in November. I got them all at a deep discount. I think that at the very least I should probably wait until the end of the year and start with clean slate and re-subscribe in Jan 2023. It makes sense, right? Of course, there are so many great free pilates classes on YouTube......what to do.
Old 05-01-22, 05:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Be Healthy Enough - Basic Strength - 30 minutes

Basically pairings of exercises, done with 3 rounds of 30 seconds each. I am getting so weak as I age! Very discouraging!

Dana - LOL! Asking for us to talk you out of re-subscribing to Pilates by Lisa is like asking an alcoholic to explain to you why drinking is bad for your health. I'm interested in the changes that Lisa has made to her site. It is pricey, but there's a ton of content, some beautiful scenery, etc.

Donna - Nice workouts! I think I'm going to stick with Amy's stuff for a while; my flirtation with Jessica is over for the moment.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Happy "Moan" day!

Today's workouts, so far:

Lucy Wyndham Read - 20 Min Cardio (May 28 Day Challenge, Day 1)
Jessica Valent Pilates - Beginner Lower Body Workout # 1
Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Yoga Challenge Day # 2

Going to attempt Lucy's 28 day challenge this month - her workouts are simple but I think they are effective and easy to add on to since they tend to be short.

Jessica V is doing a 3 week "strong" challenge which I'm going to throw into the mix as well. Today was just a basic lower body routine - squats, lunges, deadlifts and step ups - 2 sets of each.

Yoga w/ Bird was a nice way to end it this morning.

Planning for a walk and/or Essentrics later.

I was considering cancelling my ETV subscription for now and just focusing on the CS DVDs I have at home. I do love the Live workouts, but I'm focusing on other workouts right now and the length of time of a CS episode is perfect for an add on.

Dana - I agree with Carol - we are not the crowd to talk you out of a purchase! LOL! And honestly that price is not obscene all things considered.

Carol - I'm doing some Jessica Valent this week - getting back to the basics with her "Strong" challenge. I liked what I saw of Amy's workouts. I am also noticing that I'm losing strength and mobility. Gotta keep fighting to preserve what I can....

My friend tested negative for COVID but her DH tested positive - they have the same symptoms so I'm thinking that one of those tests is wrong. The worst part is her DH is undergoing cancer treatments, so it is not good for him to be sick w/ COVID particularly since they have to suspend his treatment.

Hopefully he'll get better quickly, they are giving him the antiviral and she says he just feels like he has a bad head cold.

UGH!

On that note...hope everyone has an uneventful Monday.

Donna
Old 05-02-22, 11:10 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Saturday: weights and step while watching Downton Abbey with family

Happy Monday!

Dana, that seems like a lot for streaming, but if you would use it a lot it might be worth it. I don't think we're working that hard to talk you out of it...

I'm not sure if I'm going to get to a workout today or not. We've been helping a friend clean out her parent's house and it is SO dusty! My not-quite-recovered-from-Covid body and respiratory system is complaining this morning.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-22, 08:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today was a cardio day; Amy's calendar called for a HIIT workout, which I hate with a passion. Instead I did this low impact walking workout from Lauren:

Senior Shape - Walk & Strength - 30 minutes

This was about 20 minutes of walking type moves followed by 10 minutes of upper body strength work with light dumbbells.

Brenda - take it easy on your post CoVid body!

Donna - I think you are right about your friends. I would guess that she is positive as well, but just doesn't have a big enough viral load to test positive. I was talking with our nurse the other day and she was saying that she thinks they will have to make the rapid tests more sensitive - she thinks they are missing a fair number of positive cases.

Carol
Old 05-03-22, 08:08 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did end up getting outside to walk my Golden and I did CS 1303.

Today, so far, has been:

Kathy Smith - Step Workout - from 1992 - 30 YEARS AGO! Where does the time go?

Yoga w/ Bird - 7 Day Challenge Day # 3

Carol - nice workout, that sounds like a good sub! I do think there is a lot of COVID out there that is going undetected, particularly if the person does not have a severe case. I still haven't gotten booster # 2, I'm on the fence about it, especially since from what I understand the "boost" is short lived. Maybe if I had a big trip planned or something like that I would get it. I figure more shots are coming in the fall anyway!

Brenda - I hope you feel better!!

Dana - what did you decide? my ETV subscription renews on 5/14, so I think I will pause it and work on my DVDs for a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-03-22, 09:33 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Dana - what did you decide? my ETV subscription renews on 5/14, so I think I will pause it and work on my DVDs for a bit.

Donna
Donna, I've decided not to re-subscribe to PBL right now. It's tempting, but I like to work out with variety of instructors, and at $250/year, I would be limiting myself to only one streaming site. Right now, I have 5 different streaming subs that cost me around $250/year in total. I too, am planning to focus on using my vast DVD collection - especially if I purchase Jessica's new set.

Nothing to report for today yet. It's been pouring rain and I feel achey this morning. I plan to do some stretching later on.

Waves to all!
Old 05-04-22, 06:04 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a planned rest day, so no workout. I got home at six and didn't have a chance to have any lunch, so we immediately went out and grabbed some lunch? dinner?

Today should be a quieter day.

Dana - I did sign up for PBL's mini challenge, or whatever she calls it, where she sends you those 5 minute workouts everyday. Of course, I haven't had a chance to do any of them.

Donna Where indeed did the time go?

Carol