Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-22, 09:05 AM  
TinaT

Streaming costs?

I'm actually considering getting a membership with Sanfran Fitness. They mainly specialize in rebounding but offer other forms of exercise as well. They have a Youtube channel that I've used for years now. Very nice couple. I have officially grown tired of my collection. Combine that with my health challenges and it minimizes what I reach for. Rebounding really has kept me moving.

If I join it'll be about $16.00 a month. It doesn't seem like that is unreasonable.

What do some of the other sites cost? BB doesn't count at $99 yearly because they're a major company. How about CS, Cathe, Suzanne Bowen, Firm, just to name a few.

Also, they are adding new content to both their site and YouTube all the time, which is appealing for sure.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 09:08 AM  
muggle

The only instructor I stream is Cathe. It's $9.99 (?) per month but if you pay for the entire year and use a discount code it's just over $100 for the year. She has close to 400 workouts now. The variety is excellent, including length of workout, equipment used etc. Well worth it!!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 10:32 AM  
Luv2WO

Hi Tina!

I am locked in on my initial price for Pilates by Lisa because I have been a member since 2016 and renew every year. It is about $160 to $170 a year or $13 to $14 a month depending on the exchange rate. It is worth every penny to me because I use it weekly.

I have wasted money on streaming services that I thought I would use but haven't. I subscribed to The Balance Life Pilates last year for $199. I haven't used it at all and will not be renewing next month. I also subscribed to Barre3 for $99 for the year because I thought it was a good deal. I really can't get into their new workouts so I guess my good deal turned out to be a waste of money.

It just depends on what you are willing to pay and how often you will end up using it. I don't think $16 seems bad. Can you try it for a month and cancel if you end up not liking it? That's where I made mistakes - I sign up for the year and then am stuck with it.
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 01:32 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

If you use it, it's a good deal. I always think about how much studio classes or gym memberships cost. These streaming sites are great deals delivering awesome content to your home---so convenient. How many non fitness streaming services do you have now ie Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc?

I've decided to discontinue Barre3 and Daily Burn as I just wasn't using them enough to justify the cost. Barre3 had a great BF deal, ordinarily I think they were around $25/mo but you got a year for just over $100. I think Daily Burn was $20/month but I was subscribing for Ellen's workouts...which I get plenty of on her streaming at only $5.95/mo.

ETV is $14.95/mo. Jill Miller has a "Legacy Series" which is stupid $$ but I'm using the library as training as I just did YTU training.

There are pricier streaming sites like TA, Sleek Technique, Pure Barre, ect. I buy individual Zoom classes from instructors occasionally, too. I think it's all what keeps you motivated and moving.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 01:39 PM  
TinaT

I've been chatting with Claire from SanFran Fitness and I like the idea of getting more than just current workouts to use. She messaged me this morning reminding me of what else the cost covers:

"On the website we offer a lot more to members. The chance for one to one calls with us, personal programs using the videos we have available. Access to the YouTube videos one week prior to release and a private Fb group, where members can chat about workouts or make suggestions of things they’d like to see and just generally anything other support you feel you would need at no extra charge."

Both Claire and Scott are very personable and kind. I love how creative they are with the routines for rebounding and Scott is now producing the music for them.

And like Jessica Smith, they offer quite a bit of content on Youtube for free. Says something about their character and integrity. (JMO). Tho, they don't have dvds to offer, instead it's their online channel.

Not sure why I'm holding back... guess I just wanted to see others experiences, etc with online exercise.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 01:59 PM  
ChelePA

Peloton for me. $13 per month. Absolutely love it! Prior to my accident, I used my rebounder frequently and really enjoyed the San Fran workouts.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 03:31 PM  
fatkat555

Firm streaming is $19.99. I decided investing in a VHS player would be more economical for me since I still have almost all my classic VHS Firms so I’ll be canceling my streaming subscription soon.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 03:47 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post

And like Jessica Smith, they offer quite a bit of content on Youtube for free. Says something about their character and integrity. (JMO). Tho, they don't have dvds to offer, instead it's their online channel.

Not sure why I'm holding back... guess I just wanted to see others experiences, etc with online exercise.
I do appreciate Jessica's generosity with online content. I don't think you should hold it against anyone out there trying to make a living with their fit business. It's not a reflection of integrity; this is how these people earn a living. It takes training and time to develop quality programs and imho, people should be paid for their work.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 03-04-22, 04:12 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle View Post
The only instructor I stream is Cathe. It's $9.99 (?) per month but if you pay for the entire year and use a discount code it's just over $100 for the year. She has close to 400 workouts now. The variety is excellent, including length of workout, equipment used etc. Well worth it!!
I guess I've never thought about streaming Cathe. I had no idea it's so inexpensive (relatively speaking). I use her strength workouts 2-3X a week and haven't gotten tired of them yet. I did get tired of doing my own strength workouts while on vacation for a month recently, though. Wish I would have had access to Cathe even though I only had two sets of dumbbells with me. Jessica's strength workouts just aren't for me, athough I did do a couple from YouTube while I was gone.

Thanks! I'm off to check out Cathe streaming!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 04:20 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

$9.99 is pretty affordable for access to so much content from Cathe!

Tags
jessica smith streaming, rebounder, rebounding, sanfran, streaming, streaming affordable, streaming costs