Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-22, 09:38 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Yeah, our Goodwill did away with returns too - but I'd rather have open dressing rooms and no returns!
I agree!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-22, 08:24 AM  
fanofladyvols

Last I checked, our Goodwills still had closed dressing rooms. They allowed for exchange of similar item only. Too much hassle I say. When dressing rooms were open I could find 8 items that I thought would fit, only to have none work for me . Our prices are the same and the last time I went they did have weekly half price tag colors.

The other major charity thrift stores have had their dressing rooms open for awhile but the prices are high.

I do think it has more to do with personnel. One JCP (in the mall) had dressing rooms closed but the other had dressing rooms open.

I refused to buy anything for my daughter in stores with no dressing rooms because it would lead up to 3 trips. It kept me out of Target with her to hold the line...yeehaw!

"No dressing room, no purchase" policy of mine is saving me money, lol!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-22, 11:10 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Yeah, our Goodwill did away with returns too - but I'd rather have open dressing rooms and no returns!
It is a pain to return items. A lot of times I just donate back. I buy a lot less this way, so many clothing items I’m not sure about. But I have to admit I’ve adjusted and still find clothing that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Last I checked, our Goodwills still had closed dressing rooms. They allowed for exchange of similar item only. Too much hassle I say. When dressing rooms were open I could find 8 items that I thought would fit, only to have none work for me . Our prices are the same and the last time I went they did have weekly half price tag colors.

The other major charity thrift stores have had their dressing rooms open for awhile but the prices are high.

I do think it has more to do with personnel. One JCP (in the mall) had dressing rooms closed but the other had dressing rooms open.

I refused to buy anything for my daughter in stores with no dressing rooms because it would lead up to 3 trips. It kept me out of Target with her to hold the line...yeehaw!

"No dressing room, no purchase" policy of mine is saving me money, lol!
I’m also thinking it has to do with personnel. The dressing rooms would be full of hangers and clothing they would have to put back. They kept them locked, probably due to theft. I usually had to wait for the cashier to walk over and open them, and they don’t have time for that with the long lines.
Old 02-25-22, 11:12 AM  
moonbeam31

Goodwill

Yesterday I popped into Goodwill before picking my daughter up from school, and I found new and sealed Women's Health Amy Dixon Total Workout in 10 and Ultimate Fat Burn DVDs for $1.29 each! Of course I had both of these when they first came out, traded away or whatever over the years, but I actually forgot how great these are! Especially the TWOI10 disc!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-22, 11:50 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Yesterday I popped into Goodwill before picking my daughter up from school, and I found new and sealed Women's Health Amy Dixon Total Workout in 10 and Ultimate Fat Burn DVDs for $1.29 each! Of course I had both of these when they first came out, traded away or whatever over the years, but I actually forgot how great these are! Especially the TWOI10 disc!
Awesome find!
Old 02-26-22, 03:44 PM  
Vantreesta

Lots of Jillian again today. The Kettleworx are all gone, but the more I think about it I think they have been for a while. I actually found Cathe Ab Hits! I bought it although to be honest I couldn't remember if I already have it. I found Jari Love too! I think Extremely Ripped & Chiseled (again not sure if I have it) and another that I forget the title but know I didn't have it. That one actually has a bonus in it: it looks like whoever donated it either stuck in or didn't realize a Jari Boot Camp one was in the case too. I also bought Pop Physique Original Butt or smthg like that (hoping I don't have) and two others I'm not remembering right now. At $2 apiece I don't sweat it too much if I accidentally buy a duplicate.

No fitness equipment forme today but it was nice to see they finally straightened up that area. It was just a jumbled mess but now it's neatened up and you can actually see what they have.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-26-22, 05:51 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Lots of Jillian again today. The Kettleworx are all gone, but the more I think about it I think they have been for a while. I actually found Cathe Ab Hits! I bought it although to be honest I couldn't remember if I already have it. I found Jari Love too! I think Extremely Ripped & Chiseled (again not sure if I have it) and another that I forget the title but know I didn't have it. That one actually has a bonus in it: it looks like whoever donated it either stuck in or didn't realize a Jari Boot Camp one was in the case too. I also bought Pop Physique Original Butt or smthg like that (hoping I don't have) and two others I'm not remembering right now. At $2 apiece I don't sweat it too much if I accidentally buy a duplicate.

No fitness equipment forme today but it was nice to see they finally straightened up that area. It was just a jumbled mess but now it's neatened up and you can actually see what they have.
Nice finds, Vannie. I’d like to find some Jari Love.
Old 02-26-22, 06:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Jari kills me, Sherry! I guess my muscular endurance needs work!

I looked and the other workouts I got are Petra Kolber Liquid Grooves, which I know I don't have, and an on purpose duplicate, a backup of Jill Miller's YTU lower body series. I was surprised and happy to find that since I use that DVD a lot.

Old 02-26-22, 09:36 PM  
fanofladyvols

Vantreesta Ohhh liquid grooves and Jill Miller on top of Jari and Cathe? What a great haul!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-22, 10:37 PM  
Vantreesta

I was excited! Not as much as the barbell last time but still!

Tags
thrift store finds