Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-12-20, 01:55 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Roku update now supports Apple Airplay (stream from your Apple device)

Roku is rolling out a new update that supports Apple Airplay, meaning that you can mirror your Apple device on the TV without any cords. Go to your Roku settings and see if OS 9.4 is available to download. Right now it's only on the Ultra, Streaming Stick+, Premiere and Streambar, and coming soon to 4K TVs with Roku built in.

I downloaded it and was able to mirror my Macbook easily just by clicking on the Airplay icon at the top of the screen and entering a 4 digit code.

https://blog.roku.com/apple-airplay-homekit

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 01:58 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Thanks!
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 04:08 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

So to clarify, because I feel as if I can just barely keep up, I will somehow be able to stream on my iPad and send it to my tv via the Roku? That would be great because right now I have my old computer (with monitor) in my workout area in addition to my tv and I'd love to get rid of it.
Old 11-14-20, 10:14 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
So to clarify, because I feel as if I can just barely keep up, I will somehow be able to stream on my iPad and send it to my tv via the Roku? That would be great because right now I have my old computer (with monitor) in my workout area in addition to my tv and I'd love to get rid of it.
Yes, Airplay allows that. I've been doing airplay for years with an Apple TV device and it's great.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 12:32 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Oo, thanks. So many things to learn. On a trip a couple of years ago, someone in the group taught us how to share our photos with Airdrop. I feel so knowledgeable when I can share that with others

This also means I'l need a new tv in my workout area
Old 11-14-20, 03:59 PM  
counterclockwise

Thanks! I have a Roku TV and using Cathe streaming, the moves and audio are always slightly out of sync and I’ve never been able to fix it. Drives me crazy. I’ve used our Apple TV on the same TV and I don’t have the issue. I wonder if this will help.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 07:09 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I tried this and it works great! It's so much easier to find a YouTube workout on my phone than on the screen. Thanks for the tip, Sue.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 10:42 PM  
ADoll

I tried doing Peleton strength workouts last night on Roku and I had the same problem. It was lagging compared to if I used my Apple TV device.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 04:49 PM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoll View Post
I tried doing Peleton strength workouts last night on Roku and I had the same problem. It was lagging compared to if I used my Apple TV device.
I have some Jessica Smith workouts on Purple Player and have no issues with that, but nearly all my Cathe streaming has this problem.

Update: wow, I just tried this using my phone and Roku TV, and the lagging is way worse! Darn. I have been waiting to see if a new Apple TV is going to come out bc I want to just get one for my workout room to solve my Cathe problem. We use the other Apple TV we have downstairs.

Sorry, update 2: I just closed it all out and tried again and now it’s good! Not sure what was going on before. Yay, finally no lagging!! Thanks for posting this!!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 03:05 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Glad this has helped, it's a great feature. (I tried to reply to this thread before but have gotten nothing but error messages for the past month.)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, roku, streaming