Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-16-22, 06:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I hope pursuing that transfer results in your being able to truly clock out. ( I assume you've already established that with the potential new supervisor. )

Carol thanks

Waves to Brenda, and Dana!!

M .. kettlebells, Edge Booty 1 booty blast #1; Tamilee TBS floor stretch

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 05:26 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

We had a meeting at work this morning - that was in person - pretty much a waste of time to drive in for a 60 min meeting...but, whatever.... so I didn't get my workout in this morning since I'm so off my game of working out and then leaving the house for work, LOL!

I just did an Ellen Barrett now - before my 2nd shift starts - I did her Slim Sculpt - an oldie but a goodie. I will also likely take my Golden for an evening walk.

Carol - that sounds like a tough workout!

Linda - yes! I expect I'm going to get a formal offer tomorrow - the first offer was contingent on a financial background check, which is funny b/c I have been working in the same place for 20+ years but I'm fairly sure I'm going to pass, LOL.

Brenda - nice job w/ your multi-tasking!!

Bathroom is coming along, they are starting tile work tomorrow. It is helpful that it is a small space...

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 06:09 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi Everyone!

I've had a bout of a lower back pain for the past 2 days and all I've been doing is some back pain relief workouts from Mira's youtube channel and other stretches I've done in the past when my back acted out. I'm happy to say that my back is feeling much better this afternoon and I plan to do a nice workout tomorrow. I just don't know yet what it will be.

I've decided that I am going to purchase Jessica's Strong & Centered set. I want to focus on strength and supplement it with pilates. GHUTV strength workouts can be too much for me occassionally, and from what I've seen, Jessica's new set should be just right for my ageing self.

Waves to all!

Oh, I just received another email from Pilates by Lisa about her new H.E.A.T program and I am SOOOO tempted to sign up for at least a month or two to try it. https://mailchi.mp/b414390d52cf/sens...5?e=d92a54a743
Old 05-17-22, 07:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope you enjoy the Jessica set. And please pass along any back videos from Mira you recommend (unless they're not available for nonsubscribers, of course. )

Donna will you have to train someone to replace you before you transfer?

Terrific Tuesday wishes to you, Carol and Brenda!

T ...Petra Kolber Bootcamp boogie warmup; Gym Style Back & Biceps timesaver premix#2; kettlebells and additional mobility

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 07:32 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Dana I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope you enjoy the Jessica set. And please pass along any back videos from Mira you recommend (unless they're not available for nonsubscribers, of course. )
Hi Linda, many of Mira's subscriber videos are also available on her youtube channel. In fact, most that I've done so far from her membership site are available on youtube. The one I did today to relieve back pain is this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqjjM-TQfiQ I will make sure that I post the links when I reference youtube workouts.
Old 05-17-22, 09:02 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post

Oh, I just received another email from Pilates by Lisa about her new H.E.A.T program and I am SOOOO tempted to sign up for at least a month or two to try it. https://mailchi.mp/b414390d52cf/sens...5?e=d92a54a743
I am super tempted as well!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 09:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout today, but I didn't figure I would get one in. I had to stay late for a Board meeting and didn't get home until after 6. At that point I just wanted to sit out on my shady porch.

If the dogs wouldn't attack me - and if it hadn't been 99 degrees when I got home - I would have done a pilates workout.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 11:33 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

40 min walk/read

I’m getting excited about Jessica’s new set!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 08:38 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's WR&L - 45min
Pop Sugar Andrea Orbeck Arm Sculpt - 10min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUPJnzxVEH8

This Arm Sculpt workout was a whole lotta nothing. I guess it was what it said it'll be: Arms. Ten minutes of biceps and triceps with 3 & 5 lbs. Off my list.

It was supposed to be in the 60s this whole week and it was in fact nice and cool yesterday. Now I checked the weather and today is supposed to be 85F. The same tomorrow. WTH? Where did this come from?

I'm off today but have to run some errands. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-19-22, 11:12 AM  
donnamp

I'm sorry for being MIA - between work and my home improvement projects, I have been swamped!

Anyway.....

Yesterday I just walked - I did a dog walk at "lunch" and an evening walk w/ my DD.

Today, so far, nada.

I just don't have it in me to get up early and rush to workout before the contractors arrive. I would do a workout this evening but I'm supposed to meet two co-workers for dinner.

Things should wrap up next week. They are going to finish tiling today and tomorrow, then paint on Tuesday - and I imagine finish up by the end of next week.

Then will get back on track w/ workouts!

Oh, I did receive a conditional offer that is pending a financial/criminal background check - which I expect to pass. It is funny that I am an internal candidate and have to go through this but I guess they have been burned before. So I am holding off on saying anything to my boss until I have a firm offer - hopefully by the end of the week, end of next week. I have only been in this position for 4 years.

Linda - it takes forever and a day to hire a new person, so I will not be around for training, and my department does no training - you are thrown to the wolves. That has always been a huge gripe of mine and something I have tried to remedy during the time since I have been here and new employees have come on board. It is a serious problem, we have had many people quit or go on extended sick leave b/c of the stress of being asked to do something w/out being given the tools to do it.

The Pilates by Lisa is tempting, but I'm more tempted by Jessica's new releases. I feel like I need to get in shape to do them, though, LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote