Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 10-26-23, 02:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

AMD, wishing you well and hope you're on the mend! It's frustrating when we're delayed with our exercise routines and sometimes hard to get back into the swing of things. Stretching is good!

I have a hiking friend who has regular vertigo and she doesn't do yoga because of this. So no forward folds, anything that brings your head below your waist, as she says she feels too dizzy. I was happy to find out that she just discovered Classical Stretch and can do the standing routines, so we were discussing Miranda. She loves the continuous movement of CS, that she never got doing yoga.

May Focus:
Miranda Esmonde-White Classical Stretch Season 9 (All Standing)
Sahra Esmonde-White Body Sculpting Series, Toning for Beginners, Ultimate Stretch workouts

Old 10-28-23, 08:06 AM  
Luv2WO

AMD - So sorry you are having dizziness! Did they give you antibiotics for the ear infection? Hope you are starting to feel better and can workout normal again soon.
Old 10-29-23, 02:15 PM  
AnMrsDe

November thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=234877

Pam, Thank you so much! Thankfully, the Vertigo is now gone but unsteadiness still remains. Sigh. I can't even imagine having this feeling on a regular basis like your friend!! This morning I found doing a yoga practice with lots of one-legged balance moves was a BIG mistake---I was falling all over the place!! Yikes! Switched to a GROUNDED seated stretch. I'm glad your friend found something she can still do for a replacement for yoga & movement...I hope to get back to some good balance work soon! I guess until you experience Vertigo yourself, you don't have any idea how bad it is, at least I sure didn't.

Luv2WO, Thank you so much! I had gone to my primary Dr. last week to get an antibiotic for my ear pain since I thought I had a sinus infection, so by the time I went to ER, my ear was a lot less painful. But this vertigo stuff & unsteadiness---I wouldn't wish it on anybody!! It is really awful and you feel so helpless by not having any control in walking. But, in talking with a few acquaintances, they had ear pain w/ a cold and one even had vertigo as well(!), so I guess it's possible this is something that is going around?? I have a follow up appt. on Thursday with my Primary, so I'll know more then, but in the meantime, I sure hope this unsteadiness goes away. It is really cramping my style, LOL!!!
Old 10-29-23, 04:23 PM  
Luv2WO

Oh that is just awful. I hope your follow up on Thursday gives you more answers and your balance improves. My brother has vertigo due to Meniere's and it sounds so scary when he gets an episode. Even when I have bouts of dizziness I get upset. I wouldn't wish it on anybody either.

Stuff is definitely going around. My son tested positive for Covid on October 18th. I tested positive a few days later. We were both feeling better the last few days until this morning when he woke up with a bad cough and a 102 fever! Turns out he now has the flu - both A and B strains! We were going to get our flu shots after we recovered from Covid and now this. I am hoping I don't catch it but there is a good chance since he has been hacking non-stop.

Hope you feel better and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Old 10-30-23, 02:53 AM  
Helen

AMD
• Vertigo is quite an ordeal - SO debilitating. Hope by now that it's over for you. I've only experienced it a few times, and not recently, but whoah!! it was BAD to have. ((hugs))
• Thank you (again) for our new thread.

Luv2WO
Fingers crossed that any barrier methods you were able to impliment helped you avoid the flu - THAT's one I've never had (nor Covid) and I'm VERY grateful about both.

October
Only 1 day remains to log & I've had a consistent month, though not especially a strong one. DH left for the farm on the 1st & only returned yesterday, so being consistent I'll take as it's more likely that I slump into the couch/TV - definitely fall into mild depression when he's away, but friends that asked for MY help to get them moving has helped ME as well (Kirrily & Kathryn).

We all (I mean HERE too!!) keep each OTHER going!

• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 10-30-23, 04:51 PM  
AnMrsDe

Luv2WO, Oh no, I feel for your poor son going through all that!! Praying for you both and that you don't get the flu too!! (hugs) Now I just can't help thinking about all these lingering symptoms and wonder if my thyroid has something to do with all this craziness?? As I mentioned in my check-in, my HR was waaay out of control while I was lifting weights today...so something is going on with this elevated HR and dizziness!! I'm going to tell my Dr. I want my thyroid checked again since he decreased my dosage in Mar. and I haven't had it retested since./Take care of you and your son!!

Helen, Thank you! 'Debilitating'....yes, perfect choice of words!! Great job on your Oct. consistency and especially while DH is away which can be trying for you ...you rock!

****This check-in always helps me to keep going….health issues or not!!****

BUT….Here's to a better month next month!!!!
Old 10-31-23, 10:47 AM  
Luv2WO

Aw thanks, Helen! So far so good. I did wake up with a weird cough but I am hoping that it's just the cold air bugging me. You are very lucky to not have ever had Covid or the flu. Both are awful but my son would tell you the flu is worse! Glad you had some friends to keep you going this month. It definitely helps when other people depend on you.

AMD Thanks for your sweet words. We are hanging in there. My son is on day 3 of this and I think his fever broke so that is positive. Interesting about your thyroid and I think you are right that it could be part of all these symptoms you are having. I really hope you find out what is going on. That would be great if you could just adjust your dosage and that would fix what you are going through! Praying for you that you get the answer.

Well, Happy Halloween! We are going to carve pumpkins because that is about all we can do.
Old 11-01-23, 03:32 AM  
Helen

Just finished entering my last for October.
Only missed 2 days, though many were quite light.

Pressure is on tonight (evening of the 1st) though, as Kirrily dipped out on our morning Jessica Walk & Talk (family issue) and Kathryn dipped out this evening as she has a cold. It's all on me tonight - and being the 1st, don't want to start poorly.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.

Tags
just the workouts