Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-01-23, 07:57 AM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up February 2023 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 07:59 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 10,522

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-01-23, 01:26 PM  
seabliss

Today I started by trying a new standing arm strength workout by Audrey Koomar. I got through one round and realized it was really biceps heavy without much else, and she was going three rounds. So I quit that and did a Heather upper body strength. Much more balanced. I also walked a lot because I had to do errands.

Cynthia, I will probably wear hats whenever I know I'm going to see people I know. I have a few hats that I like. Good thing it's winter. I hope your cut turns out better! I don't understand why hairstylists don't listen. That feeling of sitting in the chair, watching what is happening and feeling powerless, feeling sick to your stomach--hopefully I can keep that from happening again!

Diana, your weather doesn't sound too bad. Is it hunting season for your DH?
Old 02-01-23, 01:56 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thank you for starting our month!

Cheryl, my haircut was fine, I didn't even have to remind him not to cut my bangs too short. I do insist on having my hair cut dry. I shampoo and dry at home and don't let him spray it. Due to the waviness, the hair shrinks up like a spring and the worst haircuts I've gotten were done after a shampoo when my hair was soaking wet.
I hope you get a better stylist next time.

Check-in: week 4, day 2, chest & triceps. Just 2 more workouts & I'll be done with 4 Weeks for Every Body. I had it on mute the whole time today. There's no music in this program; they provide a spotify link but I'm not interested. I always used to mute Tae Bo workouts too. And when I worked, I would exercise early in the morning while DD was still sleeping, so I had the sound off or way down.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 05:10 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Today I did Lee Holden's Qigong for Better Breathing. Also David-Dorian Ross' Tai Chi for Over 60. Back, biceps, and wrist therapy will get done when my headache goes away.

Cheryl, good luck with the landlord. Sorry about your haircut. It's hard to find someone who will listen. I had a girl who had no idea how to do a stacked bob. The manager cut it while telling the girl everything she was doing.

Lynn, are you still iced in. I had snow this morning. I'm not sure if it came from your storm or somewhere else. How's your shoulder? The pain in my right thumb joint is overpowering the pain in my shoulder.

Diana, last week I started getting heartburn every night when I go to bed. I'm waiting to see what the Dr does for you before I mention it to anyone.

Cynthia, we had a park where I grew up with an outdoor basketball court. In winter they flooded it to make an ice skating rink. The first time I went skating I got very close to frostbite. I never went back.

F1mom, I hope your feet are less painful. I can only wear New Balance trainers with my PF. Some of the worst pain came from trying Ryka and Sketchers.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 08:36 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes. Yes, we are still sleeted in and school is closed tomorrow again, fourth day in a row! But I think this is the last of it. After the snow storm last week (and power loss), and this week of sleet, freezing drizzle, and what not, this has been a bad start to the semester. My trip to OK was cancelled and I have to do my presentations on Zoom, which is a mixed blessing. We are going crazy with cabin fever. Next week it will be in the 50s and that is going to be great. So soon all will be forgotten. Let's hope this is the last of the winter weather for us.

Cheryl, so happy for the nice turn of events with the lease and hoping your landlady does change her mind during the year. Sorry about the haircut woes, but it will grow out soon I bet. Good to bag the biceps only workout. That can only lead to bad issues with the elbow.

Linda, hope you aren't too stuck in your snow for too long. My shoulder is pretty much the same, which is not that great. Sorry you are having pain in your thumb. I have a lot of minor pains (knee, lower back, a bit in one heel), but the shoulder is the most trouble. Still keep thinking Melt will help, but not sure it really does.

Cynthia, nothing like a hairdresser you can trust. I finally found one. Don't know what I'll do if anything happens to him. His salon burnt down over Xmas, but luckily he moved across the street.

Waves to Diana and F1mom.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 10:02 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 20 minutes audio walking

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-02-23, 06:54 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,022

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-02-23, 09:47 AM  
F1mom

Hi everyone! Well, I can walk again, but I'm taking it easy. Monday I still managed 4988 steps between work and the dog, but for exercise I did some compound moves with 8 pound weights - think the beginning of FIRM Vol. 1 without the video. I completed Body Beast in 2020 and managed to coast without weight work, but I need to add it back because I've noticed a loss of strength. Turning 53 is like running out of warranty, I'm noticing all kinds of things that didn't used to bother me, like shoes and tomatoes.

Steps 2/1: 5458

Linda, we are buying me some New Balance tonight. DH needs a new pair of shoes for work so I'm tagging along. I'll never buy Skechers again!

Diana, thanks for setting us up for another month.

Cheryl, you just described my September, 2022. I had shoulder length hair, I went in for color on my roots and the stylist thought it would be a great idea to use an ultra hot flat iron on my hair. I knew when I left I was in trouble because it felt like Barbie hair. I used my husband's clippers for a DIY pixie that I've been growing out on my own. I resolved not to dye or cut my hair again, even if I end up with Willie Nelson twin braids!!!

[b]Cynthia[b], my daughter's hair is thick and wavy and she's growing out a disaster with layers. I feel your pain! I'm following a stylist named Jayne Matthews, she's at jayne_edosalon on Instagram. She has video classes where she teaches folks to cut their own hair, from bona fide mullets to gentle layers. The bulk of her clients are wavies and curlies. I'm planning to take the Bangs course so I can cut DD's hair and later my own when it grows out a bit more. Stylists learn on mannequins with straight hair and seems like the newest crew under 30 just don't think about hair with different textures anymore.

I'm definitely in the "stay off my lawn and stop slamming that door" phase of my life, can't you tell?

Waves to lynn!
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 01:29 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: week 4, day 3, Cardio. Just one.more.day. of this program. Sometimes I like to follow a program so I don't have to pick, choose, or decide. Sometimes I just want variety. I'm ready for variety now.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote