Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-24-23, 01:17 PM  
Vantreesta

February 2023 Add 'em up Habits & Goals Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals and developing habits to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily habits work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-23, 01:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's February Goals & Habits

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency. Mental fortitude.

Goals for 2023
1. Prioritize sleep
2. Reestablish and maintain a consistent workout routine
3. Make smarter food choices with a focus on cutting back on sugar
4. Get back to church attendance and Bible study
5. Read for 23 minutes every day

February Habits to work on to support my goals:
1. Get up no later than 7:30 AM on weekdays (EC for every 15 minutes before 7:30)
2. No skipping lunch
3. No eating after 10 PM
4. Workout 70% of the days (20 days)
5. PT exercises 2 days/week
6. Meet weekly minutes goals (10 pts--EC for every half hour beyond goal)
7. Attend church when home (10 pts; 5 if I just watch online)

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. 4 miles a day with Cyric

Max possible points: 162 (6 avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): 146 (5 avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Feb 1-5 pts (out of avg 30) ~ %
Feb 6-12 pts (out of avg 40) ~ %
Feb 13-19 pts (out of avg 40) ~ %
Feb 20-26 pts (out of avg 40) ~ %
Feb 27-28 pts (out of avg 12) ~ %

total for the month: /162 ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-27-23, 07:36 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's February Goals:

Daily for 1 pt each.
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. Declutter
4. dvd, youtube or walk
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Gratitude Journal
7. water: 7 glasses
8. Intermittent Fasting 10 hr fast period

Possible Points: 224 pts Goal: 202 pts

extra credit 1 pt each:
1. extra walk, dvd, or youtube
2. massage
3. greenhouse

Week One: 55 pts
Week Two: 50 pts
Week Three: 52 pts
Week Four: 53 pts Total: 210 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-23, 10:46 PM  
MathTeacher

Daily Goals
Drink Water
Drink Green Tea

At Least 5 Days each week
Ride recumbent bike
Jessica Valant Core, Kathy Smith and Flex, or Callanetics
Strength Training

Big Bad Challenge
No new shoes
No new clothes
Old 02-01-23, 08:50 PM  
Vantreesta

I finished up my January jump rope challenge yesterday. I did 21 workouts in only 10 days, but they weren't consecutive. But I figured my body could use an easy day today so all I did was day 8 of Yoga with Adriene's Center challenge. It worked out great bc today was Melt so it was gentle and restorative.

Old 02-02-23, 10:45 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Great job on the challenges Vannie!

I'm pretty excited for February! Our forecast for the first half are temperatures in the low 40's and high 30's starting tomorrow! So I guess we'll be getting a February thaw this year instead of the typical January thaw like most years.

Only change I made in my goals was to go back to 14 hr fasting daily instead of 15. That one extra hour just didn't work well with our meal plans but doing this has helped me cut down on my snacking. I continually do a horrible job at limiting my computer time and need to figure out a better way to pace myself. My dvd go to recently has been Hemalayaa's The Bollywood Dance Workout. The warm up and foot segments seem to help my hips. Good energy but low impact. I'm trying to do it every other day.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 02-05-23, 02:56 PM  
Catahoula Cate

I made another change to my goals. I decided to let go of my computer goals of not being on for more than 20 minutes at a time. I still need to be careful not to be on there too long but it was hard to get certain things done with the limits I put on myself.

We've had wonderfully warmer temps in the 40's and loving it! Still lots of ice but I can get out in a few areas a little easier. Yesterday I did a 10 min. segment from Barre 3 "Core and Arms" and the footwork segment from the Bollywood Dance Workout.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 02-05-23, 09:21 PM  
MathTeacher

Good job, Vannie!

Katie, I have adjusted my goals a little, too. My exercise ADD gets me every month. My big bad goal is killing me already. LOL

Have a great week!
Old 02-09-23, 01:51 PM  
Vantreesta

We got home yesterday afternoon from up north. We spent the wknd with my father-in-law and then headed over to a favorite place for a couple days of snowshoeing. We did 5.32 miles on Monday with a fair amount of bushwhacking so it was a pretty exhausting day. The snow depth was somewhere around 18-24". Tuesday we stayed on a trail that was already well-used. We did 3.9 miles on that. Normally we like to get off trail some but we were kind of beat up from the day before so not totally sad to just stay on the trail. It was a new one for us and it was beautiful. Then after a rest and some food at the hotel room we went back out and did a 3.84 mile nature walk. It was a multi-use paved trail but it was snow covered so we still wore snowboots but didn't need snowshoes. It was more hilly than expected. It was mostly in town but still got to see lakes and lots of trees. We had considered stopping somewhere on the way over there on Sunday but decided we really just felt like getting to town and the hotel. We also had thought of doing smthg yesterday before we headed home but I made the call to just come home. Hubby doesn't workout at all and was pretty beat up. I didn't want to keep pushing him. It was so good to get Cyric back and sleep in our own bed last night. I really do wish we could just pick up our house and move it up there, though. If we did, Cyric and I would be doing that town trail many times a week!

Saturday morning I did day 13 of Bird's 2022 30 Day Yoga Challenge. It was only 5 minutes but with the headaches I had over the wknd I was just happy to do smthg, esp since I wasn't at home. Sunday after we got to the hotel I did day 14 of that challenge as well as Adriene's Yoga for Migraines.

I haven't been productive yet today and honestly just want to sit around with Cyric but I need to get a few things done at least!

Old 02-11-23, 09:36 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, never thought of it as exercise ADD, but that's a good description! I've got a dose of that too. lol.

Vannie, Wow! Lots of snowshoeing for you and DH. The area sounds very pretty and like good country for hiking and snowshoeing. I'll bet Cyric was super happy to have you home!

Yay, we have finally lost enough ice in our area that I've been able to get out and walk the last three days. The cabin fever is melting away. I need to check out my pedometer and start wearing it again. Otherwise, I've been checking out Bob and Brad's recent youtube clips and I've been doing the Bollywood Dance Workout warm up and foot work.

Do The Next Thing!