Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-02-23, 10:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a long day for me at work - I had probably about 4 hours worth of meetings, and being an introvert, all that "contact" wears me down. Today, I have no meetings, so hoping for a quiet one where I can actually concentrate and get things done.

After work I did a 20 min workout from Improved Health - it was 'walking' but intended for a light day and then I added on the strength training workout from the playlist - it was upper body and totally do-able in terms of time and effort.

Today, I felt like going in a different direction, so I did:

Gina B - Dance & HIIT workout - this is one that she uploaded recently. It was fun - I kept it low impact. I enjoy Gina's energy when I'm in the mood for it.

Well & Good - 8 Min Good Morning Pilates Stretch

I will do the Improved Health weight workout later today and probably something else too.

Diane - we have lived here since 2006 - we neglected things for some time honestly b/c it was such a hassle to get things done with us both working and having pets, etc. I don't trust people to come in when I'm not home and it isn't b/c of fear of them stealing from me, but I worry about my pets getting out, etc.- but once I was working from home things got easier - I forgot to mention that we also put in central air (there was none and you need it here!) and we added on a sun room. I don't think we're going to see any of that money come back to us. We are hoping that the re-done pipes will be a "peace of mind" thing for people and may encourage buyers. We priced the whole house generator and decided against it b/c of the cost. But, it would be nice to have that security. We do have a portable generator that runs a few things.

Beth - I never tried Hamelin!

Pat - I hope you had a better night's sleep.

Waves, Summer Breeze!

Hope everyone has a nice Friday eve!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 11:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR All My Best Vol 4A

Another good one from MR. I think the All My Best dvds are some of her best compilations. Hoping to walk today before the deep freeze comes in tomorrow and Saturday.

DONNA, good job getting your workouts in so consistently. I hope your day today is more productive and quiet. Yeah we put a lot of home improvements off. DH kept thinking he would get to some things one day but it never happened. I'm glad you'll be enjoying your house for the time you're there.

DIANE, that yoga sounds divine. Good sleep is priceless. Hope Angel's dad continues to improve and get some peace at home. Jeez.

PAT, I hope your leg thing was a one time deal too. I had a weird leg thing too one night last week. Strange. I thought it was the new vitamins I started taking with a lot of B vitamins in it. On a side note, why do some vitamins overdo it on the B vitamins in their formulas?

Waves to BETH & DEBBIE.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 12:36 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! The leg kicking started again last night. I rubbed my leg down and massaged my feet with lavender lotion, and it calmed down enough I could get to sleep. I wonder if it's nerve impulses from my hip issue, which has been sore? I follow up with the ortho Monday and have a lot of questions.

Yesterday I did:

~ GYM for 20/15/10 arc trainer, recumbent bike and treadmill
~ SarahBeth Deep Stretch Neck & Shoulders
~ 6,390 steps

Beth, enjoy your Hello Fresh if you sign up. I have a lot of friends who use Blue Apron, etc. Getting dinner put together after work is such a pain.

Diane, that's too bad about your friend's hospital neighbor. So rude. That's a nice Kassandra practice, thank you for the reminder. Oh, the Medicare commercials! So sick of them all!

Donna, four hours of meetings? Uck. Your workout sounds like a nice switch.

Summer Breeze, I also love the All My Best workouts. Isn't that weird about overdoing the B vitamins? I also notice that with Vitamin A in multi supplements, or concoctions for hair, etc. They add huge amounts of A, and A can be toxic.

Good morning to Debbie and anyone who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 06:55 AM  
dlb

Good morning everyone,

Put my 2 days in the office Wed & Thurs when the weather was a bit warmer. Today the high is 10. Looking forward to the supposed warm up coming in.

I've done "nuttin" in the workout arena, other than leg lifts at the counter while getting meals for the dogs & cats. I have to get back in the groove otherwise I lose momentum.

I agree house upkeep is expensive. My husband HATES change, so getting him to move will be difficult. I do enjoy hearing where folk would like to move & the "whys".

Talk tomorrow..

Debbie
dlb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after work I did one of Senior Shape's workouts - Balance, Strength & Core. It was a nice class - I would describe it as "Fusion". I really enjoy Lauren's classes.

Today, i went with Jessica Smith and did a longer steady state cardio workout from her Walk Off the Belly Fat DVD. I did the 3 mile walk and w/ warm-up and cool down it was close to an hour long. It was nice to do, though. I always feel very relaxed after a long steady state session.

Winter is back here today - the wind is blowing and it is cold. It is going to be short-lived thankfully, by Sunday it will be warmer.

Pat -how odd about the legs....very weird.

Hope everyone has a good Friday and start to the weekend!!

Donna
Old 02-03-23, 09:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

47 minute outdoor walk

It was actually quite lovely out yesterday even though it was in the 30s. Today is a no go on the walking. Freezing temps and howling winds.

DONNA, nice workouts. I wish I could get myself to do some indoor cardio. I used to use Leslie in the winters but just haven't been able to get myself to pull them out recently.

PAT, nice job at the gym and with Sarah Beth. I hope the ortho can answer your questions.

Hi DEBBIE, DIANE & BETH.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 10:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! TGIF! Yesterday was a total rest day, my hip injury got even with me for working out the day before. Roll eyes! I'm beyond sick of it.

Debbie, I know you'll get back to regular exercise soon. A little is better than nothing.

Donna, that Lauren class sounds good - I saved it for this weekend, thanks!

Summer Breeze, are you hunkered down?

Morning to all! Stay warm!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 04:59 PM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

It is BITTER outside and it will be worse tomorrow! My furnace got a workout overnight. We keep the house cool for sleeping and the heat kept going on and off, a sign of just how cold it is outside. I’ll be indoors today and tomorrow for sure! According to the powers that be, it should warm up by Sunday. I’m glad about that as I looked like Nanook of the North when we dropped off our tax documents at our accountants’ office!

Yesterday in the afternoon I did a gymbox abs then followed it with a Bad Yogi Mobility practice.

Today’s workout:
Yoga Day – a Bad Yogi 40 minute stretch and restore

Donna: I think that all the things you have done to the house are definitely pluses. I would never buy a house without A/C so putting that in was a good thing, both for you as well as future buyers! The generator is definitely an expense and we’re still mulling it over as we will need to buy a new car this year as well. Sigh….

Pat: Definitely address this with your ortho. I keep seeing commercials for restless leg syndrome and immediately thought of that. But, it could be a nerve issue from your hip issue. The human body is so complex! Still, you managed to get your workouts in! I hope your rest day worked its magic on your hip.

Summer Breeze: MR’s All My Best is definitely a favorite! If you’re experiencing any of the cold like we are, definitely no walking! Rare days that I’m so happy to not have a dog and not have to walk anyone else’s!

Debbie: Don’t beat yourself up. I’ve gone long stretches of no workouts because life got in the way. We’ve had a bad run with sick animals this past year so I definitely lost momentum. It will come back, be kind to yourself! My husband isn’t good about change either so I have to be the motivator.

Hi Beth! Stay warm and happy Friday everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 07:45 AM  
dlb

GM - Looking forward to a warm up.

Yesterday was a leg lift day at the counter & wall pushups. I can't do a real push up to save my soul.

Donna – I’ve thought about adding a sunroom to use as a workout area. I know that I want to move at some point, so why would I…

Pat – I hope your hips are better. Do you sit a lot during the day? I’ve noticed with my long days at work, mine hurt more than they should.

Summer Breeze –Re: Leslie – I use to use her stuff a lot in the past, but I haven’t in a long time. I think it bothered my hips & backed off.

Diane – A few years ago, I wanted to be a pet sitter, give up the “corporate” job. I wasn’t brave enough..

Beth – I purchased a couple Hamelins – for sure the CardioTone. But have yet to try it. Too many choices, I guess.

Anyways, have a great day!! Stay warm!!

Debbie
dlb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-23, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is cold here as well and our hot water pipe froze again. This never happened before, even in the polar vortex a few years back - I'm thinking the plumbers did something or didn't do something when we re-piped our house last year. We have lived here since 2006 and it has been cold before and no freezing issues. DH, of course, doesn't want to call the plumbers back but I know he will not get around to investigating further...so ugh..

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 50, so this is short lived.

Today's workouts:

Jessica Valant - Active Aging Workout - I liked this one - a little bit of everything, some mobility, balance, weights and Pilates. In this workout Jessica talks about her fall snow boarding. She is lucky she wasn't more severely injured.

Jessica Valant - 20 Min Slow Burn Pilates - this was a challenging one - slower paced to focus on form

You know, I just realized I have been spelling Jessica's last name wrong for years! It is Valant not Valent. Geez....

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna