Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-23, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a dreary, wet day so no dog walk. Although I did add on the Day #2 strength workout from Improved Health - it was lower body and pretty mild! I added on a Jessica Valent floor routine.

Today, I was in the mood for Ellen - so I did Lengthen, Strengthen and Breathe

At some point today I will add on the Improved Health weight workout for the day and a walk of some type - maybe indoor, maybe outdoor.

We actually had a dusting of snow!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-23, 05:35 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday we had our regular hike and it was nice, though a bit colder and wet. The trail was a bit of an obstacle course to navigate over some very muddy and wet spots.

Today I was on the treadmill and in France with Alex Gregory. Another lovely hike in what is known in Europe as the "European Grand Canyon." I also added a quick 10 minute strength UB workout with Amy Dixon and she makes every move count.

Some of the members of our hiking group went to see the movie "Maybe I Do" and I wouldn't recommend it. It just doesn't translate very well to the screen, with it previously being written as a play. Way too much dialogue between characters and not very funny or light hearted for a Rom-Com, despite having Richard Gere, Diane Keaton, Susan Sarandon and William H. Macy as stars. Then we all had a late lunch out so I haven't gotten anything done today. ;-)

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new month!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 10:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a long day for me at work - I had probably about 4 hours worth of meetings, and being an introvert, all that "contact" wears me down. Today, I have no meetings, so hoping for a quiet one where I can actually concentrate and get things done.

After work I did a 20 min workout from Improved Health - it was 'walking' but intended for a light day and then I added on the strength training workout from the playlist - it was upper body and totally do-able in terms of time and effort.

Today, I felt like going in a different direction, so I did:

Gina B - Dance & HIIT workout - this is one that she uploaded recently. It was fun - I kept it low impact. I enjoy Gina's energy when I'm in the mood for it.

Well & Good - 8 Min Good Morning Pilates Stretch

I will do the Improved Health weight workout later today and probably something else too.

waves, everyone - happy Friday eve!

Donna
Old 02-02-23, 11:19 AM  
Leonana

Yesterday was work cardio, then in the evening one of Jessica’s older you tube videos, 12 Minute Arms and Abs Circuit Walk with dumbbells. I miss Jessica’s older workouts, so want to add some in.
Old 02-02-23, 04:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was an outdoor hike and I also added a treadmill hike to get more steps in. Tired though, since I didn't rest well last night but TM is good for those mindless workouts. ;-)

April Focus:
Old 02-02-23, 09:01 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I had PT today and it's going well. I have a few more visits left and then the PT is going to see if she can get the insurance to approve a few more. Later I did an older Jessica Smith youtube upper body workout.

Donna, I saw your post that you are still 100% WFH. I have to admit I'm envious! I am still going to the office once a week. I guess it could be worse so I'm not complaining, but it is a waste of time since most people WFH and the office is practically empty. I see the same three people each time I'm there!

Sherry, I like Jessica's older youtube stuff too. I like her new stuff too, but it's fun to reminisce sometimes!

Pam, When you go for hikes, do you aim for a certain number of miles or do you just do it for fun and you don't keep track? I have a pedometer but I sometimes forget to bring it when I walk. The phone pedometer is ok but it doesn't seem to be as accurate.
Old 02-03-23, 01:19 AM  
Leonana

Today was work cardio and Jessica’s 13 Minute Quick Stretch. I remember doing this one ten years ago and liking it. Hard to believe it came out almost 11 years ago!

wishiwasinhawaii, I like Jessica’s newer ones too, but I need shorter workouts during the week. But she has one newer 15 minute strength workout that’s good.

Pam, good job on the hike and walk. Thanks for the heads up on the movie.

Donna, I hope you had a quiet workday today.
Old 02-03-23, 09:04 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after work I did one of Senior Shape's workouts - Balance, Strength & Core. It was a nice class - I would describe it as "Fusion". I really enjoy Lauren's classes.

Today, i went with Jessica Smith and did a longer steady state cardio workout from her Walk Off the Belly Fat DVD. I did the 3 mile walk and w/ warm-up and cool down it was close to an hour long. It was nice to do, though. I always feel very relaxed after a long steady state session.

Winter is back here today - the wind is blowing and it is cold. It is going to be short-lived thankfully, by Sunday it will be warmer.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm really happy to still be working from home full time. I think it is ridiculous to just go into an empty office for the sake of going in. What is the point of that?

Sherry - I know, sometimes I'll do a workout and think it was "recent" only to find out it is a decade old!

Waves, Pam - you are doing great w/ all your walks and hikes.

Hope everyone has a nice start to the weekend!

Donna
Old 02-03-23, 01:57 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I started a new 18 part hiking series, having just watched a documentary on Netflix about the Earthquake tragedy on Mount Everest and villages, cities in Nepal in 2015. Such a tragedy and so many lives lost, as well as homeless people as a result. The hiking series begins in the villages leading up to the base camp and there's a lot of history about the area, the cultures, religions and history of mountaineers and hikers who've climbed up the mountain. I did one of the programed hikes last year, but hadn't revisited it, though I loved it!

Anyway, today I added on some short strength and yoga. I did Amy Dixon's Give Me 10 (Upper Body), Denise's Get Fit Fast (Arms & Shoulders) and Jessica's Stretch & Relax (Release).

Happy Friday!!!

April Focus:
Old 02-04-23, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is cold here as well and our hot water pipe froze again. This never happened before, even in the polar vortex a few years back - I'm thinking the plumbers did something or didn't do something when we re-piped our house last year. We have lived here since 2006 and it has been cold before and no freezing issues. DH, of course, doesn't want to call the plumbers back but I know he will not get around to investigating further...so ugh..

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 50, so this is short lived.

Today's workouts:

Jessica Valant - Active Aging Workout - I liked this one - a little bit of everything, some mobility, balance, weights and Pilates. In this workout Jessica talks about her fall snow boarding. She is lucky she wasn't more severely injured.

Jessica Valant - 20 Min Slow Burn Pilates - this was a challenging one - slower paced to focus on form

You know, I just realized I have been spelling Jessica's last name wrong for years! It is Valant not Valent. Geez....

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna