Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-23, 07:36 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Improved Health - Low Impact Cardio & Strength - Part Two Upper Body - 35 minutes

Roughly 20 minutes of cardio (30 second intervals), 10 minutes of upper body strength plus abs and 5 minutes of stretching. My arms were fried before we started with the weights. I like this one and its lower body counterpart.

I think this week is going to be an Improved Health week.

Nice job Donna! These are hitting the spot for me right now.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a nice day so my DD and I took our Golden on a longer walk. I added on a short Yoga w/ Joelle in the evening.

Today so far:

Improved Health - Day 1 - 7 day Interval Program. It was from this playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fa42ZHVbLNzXVa

I think I'll work my way through that playlist for a bit. Today's workout included a long warm-up/steady walk followed by 5 rounds of 1 min fast walk/run and 2 min lower impact/slower paced intervals. For the fast walk/run intervals, I actually pulled out the top of my Fanny Lifter and did some basic step moves. I don't want to run in place - the impact isn't great fore me, but the step allows me to get my HR up higher w/out impact. Anyway, I am really enjoying these workouts - they are easy to "make your own". This one was music only (your typical pop-stuff you hear on You Tube these days) no talking.

Yoga w/ Joelle - 10 Day Morning Yoga Challenge Day # 1 - I enjoyed this one!

I'm going to do the Improved Health strength training routine later today. It is lower body and I figure that I can do it more justice by doing it on its own. It is only 15 min so I'll either get it in at lunch or after work.

Carol - Yes, thank you so much for mentioning Improved Health, I knew about this channel but never did much with it - I'm enjoying the workouts!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-23, 06:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Improved Health - Tabata for Beginners - 25 minutes

This is what it is described to be - a very basic tabata style workout. 4 cycles of 2 exercises, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off and then a minute break at the end of the 4 minute cycle. About a 5 minute warmup, then 3 rounds of tabata cycles and a 5 minute cooldown/stretch. It was not too awful.

Good job Donna!

Carol
Old 02-01-23, 09:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a dreary, wet day so no dog walk. Although I did add on the Day #2 strength workout from Improved Health - it was lower body and pretty mild! I added on a Jessica Valent floor routine.

Today, I was in the mood for Ellen - so I did Lengthen, Strengthen and Breathe

At some point today I will add on the Improved Health weight workout for the day and a walk of some type - maybe indoor, maybe outdoor.

We actually had a dusting of snow!

Carol did you see that Jules is putting out monthly calendars? I'm excited to see that as it makes deciding which workout to do a bit easier!

Donna
Old 02-02-23, 07:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me on the 1st day of February - I had my second PRP injection in my ankle and wanted/needed to stay off my foot for the remainder of the day. I should have done a chair workout or something on the mat, but the dogs were driving me crazy to get in the house because it was cold, and of course, once in, they wouldn't leave me alone. Too much walking was involved to put them in their boxes and DS was at class, so I just defaulted to the couch. I'd like to say I'll get it done this afternoon, but I have a 4:30 work meeting...

Donna - I did see those calendars on Jules' website. I think I'll try to use the intermediate one when I need some inspiration.

Carol
Old 02-02-23, 10:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a long day for me at work - I had probably about 4 hours worth of meetings, and being an introvert, all that "contact" wears me down. Today, I have no meetings, so hoping for a quiet one where I can actually concentrate and get things done.

After work I did a 20 min workout from Improved Health - it was 'walking' but intended for a light day and then I added on the strength training workout from the playlist - it was upper body and totally do-able in terms of time and effort.

Today, I felt like going in a different direction, so I did:

Gina B - Dance & HIIT workout - this is one that she uploaded recently. It was fun - I kept it low impact. I enjoy Gina's energy when I'm in the mood for it.

Well & Good - 8 Min Good Morning Pilates Stretch

I will do the Improved Health weight workout later today and probably something else too.

Carol - I hope you are feeling better after your injection. I really like to have calendars, even if I don't follow them exactly it helps to at least narrow down the choices for the day!

Donna
Old 02-02-23, 08:46 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Late afternoon meeting at work to work on the transition plan for our new Head of School who is coming in July. So, no workout. I should be back to it tomorrow.

Donna - It's much easier to walk today now that the fluid has been absorbed in my ankle. Yesterday it was like I just couldn't bend or flex that ankle/foot at all so I was walking very stiff-legged. Hopefully this second shot will buy me some time. Good workout variety!

Carol
Old 02-03-23, 09:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after work I did one of Senior Shape's workouts - Balance, Strength & Core. It was a nice class - I would describe it as "Fusion". I really enjoy Lauren's classes.

Today, i went with Jessica Smith and did a longer steady state cardio workout from her Walk Off the Belly Fat DVD. I did the 3 mile walk and w/ warm-up and cool down it was close to an hour long. It was nice to do, though. I always feel very relaxed after a long steady state session.

Winter is back here today - the wind is blowing and it is cold. It is going to be short-lived thankfully, by Sunday it will be warmer.

Carol - glad your ankle is settling down...

Happy Friday!!

Donna
Old 02-03-23, 07:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Nothing again today! I had a blood vessel break in my left eye this morning while I was talking to a stressed out employee, and oh my goodness! It looks awful! I hadn't had this happen in years, but never this bad. Turns out my blood pressure was up a bit after this happened so I don't know if that caused it or not. Because it was so bad, and I have such wonky eyes, I decided I had better have the eye doctor take a look at my eye. She said it's fine, but that it may look worse before it looks better... I look like a zombie.

Donna - Good job! After a week of pretty cold weather, it's back in the 50s today and supposed to be warmer this weekend.

Carol
Old 02-04-23, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It is cold here as well and our hot water pipe froze again. This never happened before, even in the polar vortex a few years back - I'm thinking the plumbers did something or didn't do something when we re-piped our house last year. We have lived here since 2006 and it has been cold before and no freezing issues. DH, of course, doesn't want to call the plumbers back but I know he will not get around to investigating further...so ugh..

Tomorrow it is supposed to be 50, so this is short lived.

Today's workouts:

Jessica Valant - Active Aging Workout - I liked this one - a little bit of everything, some mobility, balance, weights and Pilates. In this workout Jessica talks about her fall snow boarding. She is lucky she wasn't more severely injured.

Jessica Valant - 20 Min Slow Burn Pilates - this was a challenging one - slower paced to focus on form

You know, I just realized I have been spelling Jessica's last name wrong for years! It is Valant not Valent. Geez....

Carol - eek on your eye - I'm glad it is just one of those things that looks worse than it is. Anything with my eyes freaks me out, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
pilates, wall pilates