Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-06-23, 07:12 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Phew, Friday all!

Today I finished off the week (and my sore abs) with Ballet Beautiful the Classic 60-minute workout. I have one more BB DVD to get through and then I need to figure out how to add them regularly to my rotation. Too many DVDs!!!

Manleym, SO GLAD you got CE and HoCo to boot! DO IT, tear off that shrinkwrap and don't be afraid!! I think you'd like Countdown Level 3 too...I actually sweat with that one, it's crazy! Giiiiirrrrrl, I feel like the FOMO queen these days, sheesh! I'm in LOVE with HoCo right now and wishing I hadn't also missed that boat.

Kate, Horusosiris has great recommendations on barre. I'll just add that my favorite DVDs are Leah's Ballet Body, Ballet Physique, Tracey Mallet's Booty Barre, some of the Pure Barre, and right now, Callanetics (the newer more modern ones) is the BOMB for me. It gets way deep in there the way nothing else does, I swear! Yikes on all that snow, UG!!! Hang in there, Shovel Max Queen!

FN2, we've also wondered about potential allergies as has the vet. And yes, we have a plan. He's going to be visiting the new vet in a couple of weeks. We're going to let the Vira-X run out then see how he does off of it for a bit before making that appointment. I'm, of course, assuming we'll need the appointment, unfortunately. Oh, and yes, I need to check out these workouts y'all are talking about, pole or not.

UG, gots work to finish up...stay fierce and safe all my friends. Crazy weather in places. We are Scooby Doo foggy right now and it's oh, so spooky!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 01:41 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug ….my legs and hips are sore just listening to your workouts. I wish they didn’t have a dread factor for me.

Manleym…Olivia Rodrigo is a pop star. If you listen to the radio, you’ll know the song Drivers License. It was number one last year and played all the time.

Cataddict…gum chomping goes right through me. I would definitely be distracted.

Bee…is your power back on yet?

Horusosiris…I knew you were the Barre Queen. Great recommendations.

Kim…I think you would like some of the floor cardio routines on YouTube based on your DVDs.

Busy day. Breakfast at our favorite coffee shop with my daughter, niece and sister. Later dinner with my best friend and her partner.

Workouts included 20 minutes core then a 30 minute treadmill walk listening to an audiobook. Using the inversion table daily for 5-10 minutes to see if it helps my neck issues.

Happy Saturday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-23, 04:42 PM  
Mickey12

Chele I know I would like a ton of workouts on YouTube. The problem is two fold: I have soooo many DVDs that I love and I don’t have the desired set up or the inclination to change it so that it will suit me to do stuff on YouTube. I occasionally do some YouTube stuff and was doing Kat’s step workouts here and there but I got away from them. People talk about having so many choices that you can’t make a decision and I feel that way about YouTube.

And bummer about your neck issues. I hope the inversion table helps. At least you already had one and didn’t have to buy one.

Last night I did a Misty Tripoli workout. The music was slower than I wanted and it didn’t feel as fun as her other workouts I’ve done so far. This morning I did Les Mills Pump, Combat workout. This one is basically the same as a workout from the Beach Body Combat set but it’s a disc in the Pump set too. I haven’t done any Combat workouts in years. This one was 45 minutes, pretty much all low impact with great music. It was a lot of fun!

Cataddict your comment about me giving you ideas for old workouts to do reminds me of “back in the day”, (haha) when Kittybug would post what workouts she intended for the week and I would copy her ideas.

Manley your comment about thinking of Chele in the hotel gym made me smile. It was very endearing. What a great group we have.

Today I was at a baby shower. I can’t remember the last time I was at one. I think it was about 20 years ago for a co-worker. I had a nice time. We played games which I love. It was a display shower so I was worried there wouldn’t be any games.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Old 01-08-23, 11:50 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym… love that Peloton has put some bikes in the Hilton hotels. Unfortunately where we stayed, they didn’t have them just yet.

It’s amazing how humbling 2 pound weights can be in a 10 minute class. There’s one instructor that kicks my butt every time with her light weights and arms routines. Followed with 20 minutes of upper body strength. 20 minute treadmill walk. Finished with Cathe’s Perfect Flow timesaver premix.
Old 01-08-23, 03:51 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Kim, I know I haven't been to a baby shower in 20 years. I liked the games too, even if they were a bit silly. Just fun! I know what you mean about all the choices on YouTube! I seem to have narrowed it down to a few instructors at this point but I know there are others I would like.

manleym, I know who Olivia Rodrigo is, but have never heard any of her music until the Chris Dorner dance workout. When I listen to the radio in the car it's normally NPR or something I have on my phone or on CD. So no, I'm definitely not hip and have never heard the song Drivers License, although who knows I might recognize it if I heard it.

manleym, oh, before I forget, I also have baby fine soft mess for hair. I stopped using ponytail holders which I think damage hair no matter what the package says. I only use claw clips/jaw clips to pull my hair back and they work well for me without damage. They aren't 100%, but maybe 90% which I can live with. And yes, the "like" and "umms" make me crazy too. But chomping gum on a program/workout that many people will be streaming, well, like, you are CANCELLED.

Chele, I just can't do a ton of reps even with 2 pound weights---it just kills me and my joints! I struggle with some of Cathe's workouts where she does leg floor work without weights and the exercises seem to go on forever! Maybe that means I need to do them more. I'm envious of your family lunches and get togethers. It would be so nice to have close family!

bee, check in when you can! The weather out there looks crazy (and dangerous).

Waves and hugs!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 04:05 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Workouts: 1/6: Pure Strength Chest, Triceps and Shoulders. Good, solid workout. My only comment is that there is no time between exercises to switch weights so I had to pause a bunch. Not a big deal, however. I followed it with another Cathe goldie oldie--Maximum Cardio Hi Lo. Great add on. Back in the day I did the whole workout but nope, just roughly 30 minutes this time.

1/7: Pure Strength Back and Biceps. Now this had an interesting comment that Cathe made that I can't see her making now. She said not to lift too heavy for shrugs as it can create an overgrowth on the upper back that isn't attractive on females. What? LOL. I paraphrased what she said but that was the essence. Now of course I'm closely inspecting my upper back to see if I have "overgrowth." Not sure she used the word attractive but that was what I took from it. Anyhoo I followed it with yet another Chris Dorner step #263-C the advanced version of the step she did earlier in the week. This was a ton of fun. She had Lisa in it, who thankfully was not chomping gum that I could see.

Waves and hugs!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-23, 07:32 PM  
Mickey12

Hey Watulans!

Today I did Steven SanSouci, Sizzle and Chisel. I like the variety in the format of cardio and weight intervals. The music was good and the moves were interesting. I enjoyed this one but I think I like his all step workout a little more.

I took down the Christmas decorations yesterday. The house looks clean and uncluttered now even though I don’t put up a lot of decorations. It’s nice to get things back to normal.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Old 01-08-23, 08:41 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post

1/7: Pure Strength Back and Biceps. Now this had an interesting comment that Cathe made that I can't see her making now. She said not to lift too heavy for shrugs as it can create an overgrowth on the upper back that isn't attractive on females. What? LOL. I paraphrased what she said but that was the essence. Now of course I'm closely inspecting my upper back to see if I have "overgrowth." Not sure she used the word attractive but that was what I took from it. Anyhoo I followed it with yet another Chris Dorner step #263-C the advanced version of the step she did earlier in the week. This was a ton of fun. She had Lisa in it, who thankfully was not chomping gum that I could see.
Cataddict- Cathe has made the comment about shrugs and not going too heavy several times. I use moderate weight for shrugs and other trap exercises and I like my trap development.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 12:14 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Cataddict- Cathe has made the comment about shrugs and not going too heavy several times. I use moderate weight for shrugs and other trap exercises and I like my trap development.
Interesting….

Kim…lots of baby and bridal showers here. Display these days is very common.

Cataddict…can’t wait to hear what you think if you do Kat’s new step.

Bee…hoping your power continues to stay on. Enjoy the last few days with your boys before back to college.

Peloton Lower Body plus Core. Added on Cathe’s Perfect Flow Mobility Routine. Finished with a meditation on the tilt table.
Old 01-09-23, 02:26 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
manleym, oh, before I forget, I also have baby fine soft mess for hair. I stopped using ponytail holders which I think damage hair no matter what the package says. I only use claw clips/jaw clips to pull my hair back and they work well for me without damage. They aren't 100%, but maybe 90% which I can live with. And yes, the "like" and "umms" make me crazy too. But chomping gum on a program/workout that many people will be streaming, well, like, you are CANCELLED.
Great idea, Cataddict! Do you have any recommendations for ones you like?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in