Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-23, 10:50 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Kim, Five is actually the neighbor's cat but she's outdoor-only and I fear if they moved, they'd just abandon her. When it was like 5 degrees the other day, I saw her sitting on their trash can outside looking cold and miserable while their car was in the driveway but their garage door was closed (they used to leave it a bit open for her but now don't for whatever reason ). Shortly after that, she was at my back door acting like she wanted in. If we didn't have four cats already and an interesting dynamic, I'd probably have let her in.

And I'm like Bee with the shrink wrap...that's how I know what workouts I've not tried yet! Speaking of...yesterday was Callanetics Countdown level 3 and I laughed to myself that I've never done levels 1 and 2 and now you all have me curious!

Chele, I forgot to comment on the fact that you used a step topper the other day! That's a HUGE deal, congrats to you!! That Peleton story is something else, wow.

Have a great day friends!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 11:45 AM  
Mickey12

Chele that's an amazingly tragic yet inspirational Peloton instructor story. It seems like the Peloton community is a really good group.

Bee and Kittybug I understand the logic of keeping the shrinkwrap on the DVD. I keep my virgins in a special spot so I know they are untried but the packaging HAS GOT TO COME OFF!!!.

This morning I did two Jenny Ford step workouts. The first was in Delaware in a beautiful historic spot and the second was in Maryland in a pretty area of a busy city. As usual, the choreography was too basic so I was doing my own thing for parts of the workouts. Even though the moves are basic, her music has a pretty fast pace so I get a decent heart rate. I think it may also have to do with working out in the morning though I'm not sure.

It's sunny here today though pretty cold. Enjoy the day my Watulan friends!
Old 02-02-23, 01:14 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello!!

GREAT workout today - I have to rave. Cathe Live 319 Low Impact Cardio Sweat plus Core!!!
49 min. Mostly cardio but some light weight metabolic stuff too!! Cathe kept it light saying she wanted more cardio effect so I did too.
Two sets of low impact cardio followed by a super cool compound weight move. 5s, 8s, 10s is it.
Last 10 min or so is all core work with and without light weights.

I really enjoyed this. Got a good sweat on and HR up! No killer impact. Try it!

Not feeling any major soreness from P57 yesterday but I could feel it when I started my workout. Once I got moving and heated up, it was better!

It is COLD here in MN. Only 0 right now. With wind. I don't care to know about the wind chill.

Happy Groundhog Day! For what that's worth. LMAO!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 05:01 PM  
manleym

KateTT wait until you do the thigh dancing, or whatever the instructor calls it. It's the move where you are sitting on your feet, you lift your butt about 2 inches, and start rotating. That. Is. KILLER!!! I don't care who the instructor is, that moves KILLS me!!! And 0 degrees is 0 fun! HA! I know that was bad, but just had to!

Kim Shape Up is more fun than Fitness Ladder, just so you know. HA!

Bee thanks for the hair tip! My hair keeps breaking and my stylist was less than thrilled about it. The only cause I could think of is wearing it in a ponytail and then moving my head on the mat, adjusting the ponytail holder trying to make it stay in place, etc. I have baby fine, soft hair, so not much stays in. I tried (what I think you were describing) today and it seemed to help. I did kinda what I've seen Cathe do - gather the crown/top 1/2 of hair and put it in a ptail holder. Then I took the rest of my hair and put it in another ptail holder underneath it. This did seem to hold my hair better and my hair wasn't being pulled (by me or the mat.) Thanks my friend!
Glad you pulled out Callanetics Countdown. You'll breeze through level 1 in no time!

ChelePA the story of the Peloton instructor is heart breaking! I cannot imagine what she has been through! Love the community coming around her, supporting, encouraging, cheering her on. Sounds like an awesome play list! Who wouldn't love it?!? I added The Swimmers to our NFlix list, so thanks for the rec!

Kittybug I love your new picture! I love the colors! You're becoming quite the artist! I'd be interested to see what you think of levels 1&2 after doing level 3. I think you would need to combine 1&2 in order for it to be "enough" since you've done level 3 most often.

Back to work for me tomorrow. Things are thawing out (thankfully). It will be weird going to work for one day then having the weekend off.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 05:06 PM  
manleym

Workouts:

Wednesday - Patrick G Dumb Training + Yoga with Kassandra 1 Hour Backbend Yoga - Vinyasa Yoga for Spine Flexibility & Strength. I really like Dumb Training when I want functional and balance moves. Nice for something different. And who doesn't love Patrick.

Thursday - Callanetics Countdown Levels 2&1 + CL #287 Cardio Kickboxing, Low Impact HIIT And Abs (nice variety; not super intense but a good, solid workout; 1st part - UB punches with gloves; 2nd part - gloves off, kicks-did extra round since the segment was short; skipped lying down abs; started at obliques on outer hip since there were abs in the boxing part and I had done CC)
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 07:22 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans, I'm back!

Today in keeping with foot-friendly cardio, I pulled out Ice Rock'm Sock'm plus the Icy Core. I'm finding I'm LOVING these workouts I haven't done in a while, like I didn't realize how great they were the first time around? Tastes and needs change, I guess. My foot is feeling better but not ready for testing it with higher impact yet.

KateTT, I agree with Manleym, the thigh dancing/pelvic scoop/pelvic rotations (like in Callanetics) ARE KILLER. UG. Sore. Every. Time!!! I think they do those in at least one of those P57s, can't remember which one though.

Aww, Manleym, thanks for the painting comment. That's my second one in what is a series of ten in this course I'm working through, and it had some really challenging techniques for me. Each painting builds on what was learned earlier so I expect they'll get more challenging as I go but it's SO FUN.

And you know, I watched quick clips of 1 and 2, and yeah, I'd either have to combine them or add on, only because I'm so used to doing Extreme and Level 3, I'm not sure I'd feel like I was getting 'enough' if that makes sense? BUT on second thought, I could also use the fewer reps to perfect form. Like, for example, holding my arms UP in pretzel/the leg extended out to the side move which I can only do for about 10 or 20 seconds here or there before I give out and have to put them back down (SO HARD!!). I'm working on it!! I keep telling myself to pull out Super Callanetics again but I'm kinda skeered.

Okay, gotta run...stay fierce all!

Old 02-03-23, 12:48 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi!!! TGIF!!!

manley and kitty: I did do some of that butt dancing. My quads!! I def feel all my legs/butt with these.

manley even less fun today..right now it is -6. Six degrees BELOW zero! But a huge warmup coming tomorrow with temps in the 30s all next week!
Good hair tip!!

Today I did Bar Method Dancer's Body Advanced Workout. It was good. Perhaps not quite as 'fun' as P57 but hard work. The upper body work was good. Light weights, tiny pulses (over and over and over).
Instructor is fine. Lots of GOOD form tips!

Noticing a tiny bit of foot/toe pain but just a low ache, nothing bad. I think standing on my toes is helping get the strength back.

I have much to work up to. I had to come out a few times during the lower body stuff. I didn't feel bad - there is a male backgrounder who keeps up but his legs shake SO BAD!!

So my rotation plan for Feb is:
3 days of Cathe - 1 strength, 1 cardio, 1 combo
2 days of barre
I rest on the weekends except for shovelmax, etc.

Here goes!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 12:59 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug…signed on my computer to get a look at your art work. You are definitely talented. So glad you are enjoying the class.

Manleym.. Texas weather has been crazy. My nephew finally arrived from Poland but his poor wife had to wait an extra day because he got delayed in Houston. Glad you are thawing out.

Kate…barré really challenges me too. More so than strength training. You are so much stronger than I but those little movements really add up.

Kim…I agree Elvis was a really good movie. Did you see the Whitney Houston one? Another my mom is interested in seeing.

Bee…are things back to normal? Glad no one got Covid.

Cataddict… my husband and I had a good laugh about the jail at the Philadelphia Eagles Stadium. That was a fun fact that I never knew. But I do know some crazy fans, so I’m not surprised. Haha.

It sounds like many of us are cheering for the Kansas City Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. Hopefully Mahomes is completely healed.

Lower Body Day on the calendar. I decided to try Cathe’s 4DS high intensity step warm-up on the floor, but boy I forgot how she cues on the fly. I’ll know it better if I try it again in the future. Followed with Peloton core plus legs/glutes class. Finished with a one mile walk and a standing yoga class.

Stay warm all…..brrrr…single digits with crazy winds.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 05:05 PM  
horusosiris

It is cold!!!!!!

Today I did Speck Fitness - Tendu Toning #3 and the new Cathe Live - Core Flow Express.

Kate- I like your Feb rotation ideas.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Manelym- Dumb Training is a good one! I miss Patrick and his workouts.

Manelym and Kate- Thigh dancing is great for the thighs!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-23, 06:48 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello all!!

Today I decided to revisit the shrink wrap thing. I have a bunch of Barre3 in shrink wrap, dunno why. I pulled out Studio Shape since it appears to be the only one I ever tried to see why I haven't done it again or done more of them. I loved it, and I love Sadie, so I have zero idea! Yay, I have new workouts to try then.

Kate, funny, my rotation plans for the last couple weeks are similar. I'm doing one weighted upper body, one weighted lower body, cardio, Callanetics, cardio, and barre.

Chele, thanks for the kinds words...but I assure you I'm NOT talented, more like anything I do that looks halfway nice is more a testament of the absolutely wonderful teaching in this course, seriously!

Oooh, Speck Fitness....sheesh I have one of those somewhere too to revisit. Ack! Too many workouts!!

Have a lovely weekend all!

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in