Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-23, 11:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Fri 1/13 145 minutes FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
16 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 3 , YT) 1st time
16 minutes (from L. Sansone WAKE UP & Walk! Week 11 | Walk At Home YouTube Workout Series | Mini Boosted Walk, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
13 minutes (from Dr. Bri 13-Minute Pelvic Floor Release, YT)
18 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 1)
24 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 3 Shift, YT) 1st time
35 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.96 mi)

No workouts today. Hubby and I spent most of the day in our office sorting, shredding, throwing, reorganizing and moving in a new file cabinet. There's still a little left to do but we accomplished a lot.

MT, yep, tongue is all better! I'm glad the mouth usually heals quickly.

Katie, I'm sure there's good snowshoeing somewhere but her it's all crusted with ice.

Sherry, hope you're enjoying the wknd!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 12:58 AM  
Leonana

Thursday was regular walking at work. Then Jessica’s Total Body Short Circuit 5. Then I did the Mobility Stand Up+ Stretch.

Friday evening was Jessica’s new Walk and Talk, then Improved Health Gentle Standing Exercises to Gain Strength and Improve Balance.

No workouts on Saturday, just cleaning house. Today I did:

Lift With Cee 20 Minute Standing Workout. This one felt a bit fast for a heavier weight workout. I used 8 pounds. But I like her 20 Minute workouts. I stopped doing them because I felt worn out on workdays. I think I will try some more as I like her moves. After I did this one, I noticed she had posted two beginner 30 minute workouts. I’ll have to try those on a day off.

The yes2next 10 Minute Strength Workout. I just love the instructor and her 80 year old mother. This was very beginner senior workout, and moves slow, so you can up your weights.

Finished with yes2next Beginner HIIT Workout. I did speed this one up, to get my heart rate up.

It got colder here again, after having temps in the 70’s Thursday and Friday. It’s raining a bit and in the 50’s. I love the warmer weather, but boy my allergies go crazy after all this rain this winter.

Dd came over this evening for dinner. She usually comes every Sunday. Then afterwards we watch The Great British Baking Show.

Vannie, yes I’m enjoying the three day weekend!

MT, I need to do more mobility, but never seem to get around to doing it. I’ve had a few massages years ago, but can’t seem to go again. I think it’s due to being an introvert.

Katie, yes I am less sore. I need to take more rest days sometimes. I also lose more weight with walking. Walking so much at work has made a big difference. I did gain a few pounds over the holidays when I was off, even though I worked out. I’m getting back on track though.
Old 01-16-23, 07:58 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, massage tends to work for me better than other things like chiro. But the massage therapist really has to be the right fit. Some talk to much, play weird music or are too rough. My best one was amazing but she retired a few years ago. The one I'm seeing now is a close 2nd.

Vannie, that really sounds like a big project you and DH tackled. Good job!

Sherry, we are slowly getting more bare space so I'm walking through the yard a little more. The dogs love running on the snow and ice though. Sometimes I think they are getting legged up to be subs for the Iditarod!

Strangely, my youtube channel started working again?? Go figure! So I have my rehab playlist again. I did one of them yesterday. I'm going to try very hard not to become a youtube junkie again and add some more dvd workouts.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-23, 08:45 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I went into my dvd archives and pulled out a couple movement type dvd's. Petra Kolber's Liquid Grooves and The Bollywood Dance Workout with Hemalayaa. Two movement workouts that could not be more different. I enjoyed the Bollywood dance style much more than Liquid Grooves which had slower more flowing movements. The Liquid Grooves is going into the thrift box. I'm looking forward to doing the Bollywood on again.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-18-23, 10:43 AM  
Vantreesta

Mon 1/16 15 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .73 mi) rain, slush, ice...ugh

Tue 1/17 93 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
15 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 4 -15 Minute Morning Yoga for Neck and Shoulder Pain RELIEF, YT) 1st time
14 minutes (from L. Sansone WAKE UP & Walk! Week 12 | Walk At Home YouTube Workout Series | Mini Fast Firming Series, YT)
7 minutes (from C. Donnelly Strong Knees -7 Minutes to Save Your Knees)
11 minutes (from Crossrope New Year Jump Rope Challenge day 2)
10 minutes (from Jump Rope Dudes -At Home Jump Rope Recovery Yoga, YT) 1st time
30 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.54 mi)

Sunday we were at our friends' all day so sitting most of the day. It's been so icy here that our walks have suffered. I'm trying to keep up the decluttering momentum we kicked off on Saturday.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-20-23, 09:18 AM  
Catahoula Cate

I've gotten a few dvd's and youtube clips in the past few days. Yoga for Stress Relief with Barbara Benagh, Ballet Body strength segment with Jennifer Galardi were my dvd's, both good. I got a massage yesterday. I did really need it but at the same time, it wasn't that relaxing. My muscles had gotten so tight from walking on our ice but they do feel better this morning so the massage did help. Can't believe it's the 20th of January already!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-24-23, 10:18 AM  
Catahoula Cate

How's everyone doing with goals? I'm doing alright. Trying to keep up a good mix of videos or youtube clips. I've been getting a bit of cabin fever this year which isn't good since it's not even the end of January yet. I've just gotten excess energy that more time outside would cure. Our ice conditions are starting to break down finally so I've been able to do a little more outside in some areas and the temperatures are pretty decent but winter is far from over yet. I really need to channel that extra energy into indoor tasks so I'm working on that.

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-24-23, 01:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, glad the massage helped. My hips don't like walking on the ice but thankfully they don't stay achy when we finish. We've been getting in better walks since the last snow. There's still ice underneath but most of it is roughed up and the packed snow on top helps. I still slip now and then but we're able to walk a little more quickly. I wish I had excess energy!!

I listened to a good podcast episode today about your enneagram personality type and fitness. I thought it was really interesting and helpful, but I need to listen again to the type I thought sounded like me. And try to find my enneagram results to see if that's the type I even tested as.

Yesterday I worked out and then deep cleaned the kitchen, which was overdue for it. I need to make my pancakes today and hubby wants cookies.

Old 01-24-23, 01:18 PM  
Vantreesta

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=233875

February thread is up!

Old 01-25-23, 07:35 PM  
Leonana

I didn’t work out Saturday, Sunday or Monday, although I cleaned house on Saturday. And on Monday, I did what I call my Work Cardio, three hours of walking and standing. Yesterday was Work Cardio, then Denise Austin 15 minute Yoga Toning, then one of Lift With Cee’s 20 Minute Strength workouts.

I also lifted 42 pounds of cat litter at Costco. All of that combined to strain my left tricep. It’s a burning ache if I use it or stretch it. Fortunately, I can do normal activities with no problem, but I guess it will be a few days before an arm workout. It seems a bit better today.

Today was Work Cardio and I plan to do the new Yoga with Cassandra, 15 Minute Gentle Yoga for Flexibility and Stress Reduction.

I didn’t care for the DA Yoga dvd, maybe I’ll put it in share the wealth.

Vannie, hard to believe it’s almost February. I wish you could make me some cookies lol.

Katie, I’m glad the temps are improving. We’ve had cold weather for us the past week. It’s been mid-thirties and low 50’s and everyone is freezing lol. It’s been in the 40’s when I start my day on the playground.