Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-23, 06:04 PM  
Leonana

I got a bit sore and achey from doing Jessica's schedule. I guess I'm getting older! So, I'm adding in some from Improved Health.

1 - JS Mobility: The Cozy Sweater Weather Warm Up or Under the Weather and Sore Muscles Session
2 - JS Strength: Total Body Workout with Dumbbells and a Resistance Band
3 - House cleaning and Improved Health's seated stretch
4 - JS Cardio: HIIT for Beginners and Improved Health’s Strength Exercises Day 24 (Upper Body)
5 - Improved Health 20 Minute Low Impact Cardio Workout and Strength Training Day 23 (Lower Body) Workout

Vannie, I hope you have recovered and have your energy back. The book sounds good. I think I need to work up to the strength I want to do, instead of dropping back down to less intense workouts when I get sore and achey. I keep over doing it, then dropping back to the beginning.

Katie, good luck with reaching your 2023 goals.

MT, I hope you are feeling better.
Old 01-07-23, 04:10 PM  
MathTeacher

Katie, You are exactly right about Ellen and Essentrics. I feel like all of the work outs are the same with one or two things changed in each one. Oh and Jessica Valant. I feel like if you have done one of her workouts, you've done them all. Good job on upping your goals! You are a big brave dog.

Vannie, I hope your energy is back up. I hate that feeling. We got our Christmas stuff put away and Valentine stuff out. So far I have not found any Christmas things that we missed. BUT I did dream about finding a whole decorated Christmas tree in my garage. I LOVE DREAMS!

Sherry, I agree about eating better while school is in session. I eat when I am bored at home. My big problem at work is the nacho bar. It is so good. Luckily the cafeteria a good hike from my room so I don't go down there too often. It has been such a long time since I've worked five days in a row. I hope I have the energy to get through a whole week when that happens. That is the week of January 23.

I am feeling better, but I would not say I am 100%. There is hardly any swelling in my feet and ankles. My ankles are no longer maroon. Now they look like I have been playing in a sandbox. LOL

Have a great week!
Old 01-09-23, 11:18 PM  
Vantreesta

I did yoga on Wednesday and Thursday and then last night before bed. I've been working on undecorating a few hours a day but Saturday I did my New Year's Eve celebration that was postponed bc of the trip for the funeral. I watched 5 movies, ate my traditional junk food and wassail and sat around in leggings all day with my hubby and dog. (Only I was wearing leggings, just to clarify. ) I thoroughly enjoyed it but also am glad that's not my every day life! I watched the ball drop on the real NYE with my aunts and uncle but I had recorded it so I had it set and watched it drop again on my fake NYE. I had done all my nerd-out stuff (spreadsheets and stuff) ahead of time anticipating being gone so at least those were ready for Jan. 1. Today I spent 90 minutes in the dentist chair for two fillings, one on each side so my entire mouth was numb. I couldn't feel my tongue at all and apparently I moved it in the way and he accidentally nicked it. Can't say that feels too great! I won't be eating peanut butter till it heals since it hurts to move my tongue around enough to get things unstuck. Had to get groceries after that and was pretty worn out after all that. The head/neck pain from having my head tipped back so long was pretty draining. Tonight I had grief group so I'm pretty much done in for the day!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-23, 11:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post

1 - JS Mobility: The Cozy Sweater Weather Warm Up or Under the Weather and Sore Muscles Session
Sherry, is this on YouTube? I love the title!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-11-23, 12:37 AM  
Vantreesta

I just finished day 1 of Adriene's Center 30 day yoga journey. So relaxed now!

Old 01-11-23, 08:45 PM  
MathTeacher

We had dinner out with friends tonight. I ate too much but it was so good for my soul.
Old 01-11-23, 10:33 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did the Total Body Timesaver from Jessica’s Boost Metabolism dvd. The rest of the week has been my three hours of walking for work, and housework and yard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Sherry, is this on YouTube? I love the title!
Vannie, yes it is! It’s one of Jessica’s newest Mobility workouts. She has these newer workouts labeled as Strength, Cardio, Abs or Mobility.

MT, I’m glad you had a nice dinner out with friends. Sometimes you need good socialization and good food. I am working in the cafeteria half the day, due to watching the kids. However, I don’t eat anything as we have to pay for the meals, and I never have cash on me. So, I find it easy to just eat my healthy snacks. Although sometimes we get a leftover burrito lol.
Old 01-12-23, 11:36 PM  
Vantreesta

Thu 1/12 118 minutes
6 minutes (from 1 sessions toe yoga and foot mobility)
15 minutes (from David O Yoga -Fresh Start 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 2 -15 Minute Morning Yoga - Lower Back Stretches That Feel AMAZING, YT) 1st time
15 minutes (from L. Sansone WAKE UP & Walk! Week 10 | Walk At Home YouTube Workout Series | Mini Dance Walk & Stretch, YT)
7 minutes (from C. Donnelly Strong Knees -7 Minutes to Save Your Knees)
13 minutes (from C. Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, YT)
25 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 2 Listen, YT) 1st time
37 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.82 mi) still so icy!

Thanks, Sherry! I'm looking forward to trying it.

MT, glad you're starting to feel better and had a great evening with friends. Too funny about the Christmas tree dream!

Katie, the ice is just terrible! I was just saying yesterday after my chiropractor appt that I haven't been having any problems with my SI joints, so of course today the right side was hurting. I think all the slipping and catching myself probably tweaked it.

Old 01-14-23, 09:20 PM  
Catahoula Cate

MT, so glad your feet are improving! Not being maroon or swollen is sure a good thing! What a nice dream about the Christmas tree. I don't remember a lot of dreams but they are usually weird or nonsensical. Sounds like a wonderful evening with good friends and food.

Vannie, the ice is still crazy terrible here too. You have to watch every step. One area of the driveway has finally melted enough that I may try to go for a walk on it tomorrow. I could really use a walk where I don't have to be so careful. I also have a massage appt this next week so hopefully that'll free me up a little too. Is there any good snow shoeing around or is it all ice?

Sherry, great that you're getting in consistent workouts w/Jessica and Improved Health. Are you less sore?

The first part of January has been a mixed bag. I'm maintaining my intermittent fasting and feel good about that. I did weight myself recently and the scale has crept up a few lbs. Until I can get back into consistent walking, I don't think I'll be able to take those lbs off again easily. I still do exercises daily but pretty hard to get the same benefits as going for a good walk. I aggravated my TMJ on my left side a few weeks ago by biting into some fudge that was sent to us and it was pretty hard and with nuts. It's slowly calming down but of course, stuff like that never calms down fast enough. I did the other segment of Aging Backwards with Essentrics/Miranda, " Release and Rebuild Your Fascia." I don't think I'll do it often but it did help me figure out a bad pattern I had with my right foot. I was walking on the outside of it too much and it made me think about it more and how to correct it. So there was definitely some good of getting that dvd.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-23, 10:05 PM  
MathTeacher

Katie, I hope the ice clears soon so you can go for walks again. In Arkansas it would be gone two days later because the high would be 60. I have never had a massage. I keep telling myself I need to do it.

Sherry, I am going to check out Jessica's new workouts on YouTube. Mobility is my biggest issue these days.

Vannie, I hope you have been able to eat peanut butter again. I never know what to do with my tongue when there is a dental tool in my mouth.

I'm still trying to figure out what exercises and stretches I need to be doing.