Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-22, 11:37 AM  
Vantreesta

January 2023 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~Join us!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals and developing habits to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily habits work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 11:41 AM  
Vantreesta

Vannie's January Goals & Habits

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

Goals for 2023
1. Prioritize sleep
2. Reestablish and maintain a consistent workout routine
3. Make smarter food choices with a focus on cutting back on sugar
4. Get back to church attendance and Bible study
5. Read for 23 minutes every day (added on 1/10)

January Habits to work on:
1. Get up no later than 7:30 AM on weekdays (EC for every 15 minutes before 7:30)
2. Start lunch no later than 1:30 PM
3. No eating after 10 PM
4. Workout 70% of the days (22) since I couldn't do anything the first three days I may give myself some leniency here, depending how well I do the rest of the month
5. Meet weekly minutes goals (10 pts--EC for every half hour beyond goal)
6. Attend church when home

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. Legs up the wall or waterfall
4. 4 miles a day with Cyric

Max possible points: 204 (6.6 avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): 184 (6 avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Jan 1 pts (out of avg 6) ~ %
Jan 2-8 pts (out of avg 46) ~ %
Jan 9-15 pts (out of avg 46) ~ %
Jan 16-22 pts (out of avg 46) ~ %
Jan 23-29 pts (out of avg 46) ~ %
Jan 30-31 pts (out of avg 14) ~ %

total for the month: /204 ~ %

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-24-22, 02:49 PM  
MathTeacher

I'm in!
Old 12-24-22, 02:49 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Katie's January Goals:

Daily for 1 pt each.
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. Declutter
4. dvd, youtube or walk
5. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
6. Gratitude Journal
7. water: 7 glasses
8. Intermittent Fasting 15 hr fast period
9. computer time 20 min, on/minimum 5 min. break

Possible Points: 279 pts 251 pts

extra credit 1 pt each:
1. extra walk, dvd, or youtube
2. massage
3. greenhouse

Total: 250 pts

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-22, 04:06 PM  
Vantreesta

How is tmrw January 1st??? And yet it feels like Christmas was like a month ago instead of a week.

Old 01-01-23, 11:44 PM  
Leonana

Here!

I’ve been doing Jessica Smith’s You Tube challenge called 2022 Playlist. It’s her newer workouts in a schedule. I’ve done four so far. I’m enjoying the workouts, they are different from her past workouts. She moves slower and I can use heavier weights.

I’ve got to get my eating in check, it’s been bad the past week. When I’m working, I eat pretty healthy plus I burn a lot of calories. Being on a two week break has thrown that off. It’s easier to snack healthy when that’s all you have with you while working!
Old 01-03-23, 11:24 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess I will be starting my Sadhana and all my challenges tmrw on the 4th (hopefully). I ended up making a quick trip out of state for my great-uncle's funeral. My aunt went with me and we had planned to come home yesterday but Saturday night we changed our plans based on the weather forecast for yesterday. I got home about 5 PM Sunday and around 7:30 I started feeling sick. Apparently I picked up a stomach bug while we were gone. I went to bed at 8 and slept most of the next 24 hours. I got out of bed a couple times and laid on the couch where I fell asleep anyway so went back to bed at 8 last night. Today I was still feeling tired and rundown but thankfully my stomach was fine and I was able to eat some. Yesterday I ate nothing. I laid on the floor most of today watching reruns of Supernatural, Friends, Young Sheldon and Big Bang Theory. My brain couldn't focus enough to absorb anything new. I couldn't even catch up on reading here. I'm hoping that tmrw I can finally start the new year! I'm trying not to feel impatient or frustrated about the delayed start. I'll try to catch up on reading tmrw too.

Old 01-04-23, 10:05 PM  
Vantreesta

Well after some housework I just couldn't find the energy to start my challenges so I just did Happy Yoga S3E3. Maybe tmrw I'll have enough in the tank for the whole day. I need to start undecorating and putting away Christmas stuff.

Old 01-05-23, 01:15 PM  
Vantreesta

When we walked this morning I listened to the newest episode of the Trained podcast. She had James Clear on talking about his book Atomic Habits. It was really good. I bought the book last month but si far have only read the intro.

He says smthg to the effect of you don't rise to the level of your goals, you fall to the level of your systems. So no matter what your goal is, if you don't have the habits in place you won't reach the goal. Like if I want to lose weight, my habits have to support that with good food choices and exercise.

Also in the podcast he said smthg like every action you take is casting a vote for the kind of person you want to be. Every time you workout you're casting a vote for being a person who works out, who shows up for him/herself.

Old 01-05-23, 04:23 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Hi everyone! MT, hope you are continuing to mend from the post strep issues.

Sherry, glad you are enjoying Jessica's workouts. Maybe they will offset some of the eating that we all tend to get caught up in during the holidays.

Vannie, hope you are recovered from your bug. The "Trained" podcast sounds good. He made some good points to think about.

My New Years is starting a little off kilter in some ways. Some goals are good and some goals are off to a poor start. I changed my drinking goals from 6 glasses of water to 7 and I seem to be keeping up with that without issue. I also changed my intermittent fasting goals to 9 hrs eating time instead of 10 and that is working okay too. I really need to take my computer time seriously and take breaks every 20 minutes. It's so easy to get caught up in something!

Walking here is tough! Our ice is so bad. So much melting and refreezing on our dirt roads/paths but not really going away. My biggest goal for 2023 right now is to not fall! DH has fallen a few times but thankfully nothing serious.

I did get the Essentrics Connective Tissue Workouts with Miranda and did one of the workouts...same as the one you did MT. Rebalance Your Connective Tissue. It was fine but some of the moves were awkward for me too. After working with a fascia PT last year for a short while, I could relate with the info she presented. Essentrics and Ellen Barrett workouts remind me a little of each other in that they seem to recycle a lot of the same moves in every workout they produce. I hope to do the 2nd workout "Release and Rebuild Your Fascia" soon and see what it has to offer.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote