Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-21-23, 09:44 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I haven't exercised much, but I did take a 54 min (2.54 mile) walk with one of the Italy crew on Thursday evening. It felt great! Made it to over 11,000 steps that day.

I didn't realize it sooner, but my current schedule means that I'm probably not going to be able work out or post much until after our Jan-term ends. Right now I'm teaching a 2 1/2 hour class in the afternoon. I've been getting up in the morning and planning class (I don't plan it at night because I know I have time in the morning).

I'm really enjoying my class, the students, and my co-prof, but she's not much for planning activities. She's more knowledgeable about the subject matter, but I'm better with coming up with engaging classroom activities to discuss the material. Some days I barely finish reading the material and preparing everything before I have to get out of here and get to class. When I get home in the evening I'm usually done for the day (I often find that I doze off after I get in). It was by chance that my friend called and asked if I would go walking with her and I was still awake and eager to join her! We have a week and a half left before the term ends and then we have a couple of days off before we start spring semester.

I'm so glad it's the weekend.

SB - Great job with your walks! On the news yesterday they were commenting that there hasn't been a major snow storm in the northeast yet this winter. That's pretty surprising! At least it means that you've been able to keep up your outdoor walks! I feared stepping on the scale last Sunday because of my out of control eating, so I was very surprised to find that I had lost .2 lbs. I think it's because even though I'm not formally getting in a workout, my movement ramped up with getting back to work. I'm teaching in a classroom that's not in the same building as my office, so I'm getting in some walking around campus. I guess every little bit helps. I'm doing much better with my eating this week. Hope you have a great day!

Nora - Enjoy Mexico! I look forward to hearing about your trip.
Old 01-21-23, 10:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR All My Best Vol 3A

This was a good one. I'm feeling some inner thigh doms today. DS and his fiancee have asked me to visit wedding venues with them and we have a couple scheduled this weekend so I'll see what/when/if I fit some workouts in.

CAMBET, movement is all good. I remember when I worked in the restaurant I never worried if I worked out or not I was so active on the job.

Yes I've been enjoying the relatively mild winter but I know we'll be paying the piper at some point with cold and snow. I just hope it's not in April!!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-23, 09:42 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I spent time doing some cleaning around the house and last night I did CH: Dance Mash Up. I told myself that I had to get in some kind of workout. Made it to over 6,800 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with the MR workout! Lite doms is always a nice reminder that you're doing something new-ish/different but good. I hope you enjoy checking out the wedding venues; sounds like fun, and it's nice that they want to include you. I think you're right, that movement is all good. That's just where I am (just hoping to get in movement) until I get out of this Jan-term routine. We've had a few mild days, but today's high is supposed to be 42 and we're expecting highs in the 50s and 40s next week. I'm not a fan of cold weather, but it is necessary, so I hope it does it's thing over the next month or so, and definitely before April, lol. Hope you have a good day!
Old 01-24-23, 11:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR All My Best Vol 3B

Another good MR workout. We had a lot of rain yesterday, it started Sunday. So hopefully today I can get out there and walk. I saw the dreaded S word for tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a major event.

CAMBET, nice job with your workout and cleaning the house.

Have a great day!
Old 01-25-23, 10:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

37 minute outdoor walk

Not sure what I'll be doing today. Depends on the weather I suppose.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day!
Old 01-29-23, 10:10 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I don't really have any workouts to report. I've done some CH here and there to help with my hourly step goals. Yesterday I spent a lot of time cleaning around the house and made it to over 8,600 steps for the day.

While the Jan-term class has been good/interesting, and I've really enjoyed this space with the students and my co-prof, I don't like the schedule (it just prevents being able to do other things and it's exhausting) and I'm ready to wrap this up. Our last day is Wednesday and then spring semester starts next Monday.

I know it sounds like an impossibility right now, but I really, really, want to add weights to my routine, so I'm going to try to find a way to make it happen.

SB- Great job with MR and your outdoor walks. I hope the weather didn't get too bad since snow was in the forecast. How did looking at possible wedding venues go?
Old 01-29-23, 10:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

47 minute outdoor walk

I've been trying to add a route with some hills to my walk for some extra cardio ooomph. I got off track a little the end of the week but I hope to get back at it this coming week.

CAMBET, just getting in some movement sounds like a great plan during such a hectic time. Don't stress about it. Hopefully the spring semester is a little more conducive to workouts.

The snow event was just a little wet coating and then it turned to all rain. It was a lot of rain though but better than snow any day.

Today is the last wedding venue visit but I think they found the winner the other day. It was the snowy/rainy day and I opted not to go with them because I'm a bad passenger in crappy weather rides. LOL. Figures I missed the best one. But if they do decide on that one I'm sure I'll see it at some point.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-31-23, 09:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

47 minute outdoor walk

I have to run to get ready for a hair appt this morning. Probably no walking after that. Maybe MR?

Hi CAMBET.

Have a great day!
Old 02-02-23, 11:05 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

MR All My Best Vol 4A

Hoping for a walk today.

Have a good one!