Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-23, 10:22 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did the rest of CH: Cardio Round Up and some of CHE: Rope & Ride. I made it to over 5,800 steps for the day.

I've thought about what I would like to do for a rotation, and what I have so far is 2 or 3 days of heavy-ish weights, 2 days of cardio (either kickboxing or something more gentle, like Country Heat if I'm tired and can't get myself to do more), and 2 days of Ellen, or something like her that is gentle and stretchy. I think something like this would be ideal.

For the heavy weights I'm thinking about either using Chalean Extreme with weights that are not quite as heavy as she intends (if I go too heavy, I don't think it would be sustainable, since having done the program with very heavy weights, it's very taxing and takes a lot out of you), or KCM's Muscle Up or Cathe's Slow & Heavy (which I own, but have never used). I'm thinking about either one day of upper body and abs and one day of total body, or just following the Chalean Extreme rotation which is a 3-day split. For the cardio and Ellen days, I'd try to limit myself to 30 minutes a day. For the strength training I'd be willing to do 30-45 minutes a day.

I'm still working out the details. I'm trying to be realistic, so I hope that I can actually do this. I still seem to have a bit of a cold (I still haven't tested positive for covid) so I'm not 100% health-wise, but my bigger concern is that I am so out of shape, right now I can't imagine being in good enough shape to do a serious rotation. I guess you have to start some where. Still working on it.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk! I know all those tests are a pain, but as you have said, it's better to do them and know your results than not. It's raining here and quite dreary outside right now, but, unfortunately, I need to run out to the store. Have a great day!

Hi, Nora!
Old 01-05-23, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

42 minute outdoor walk

The weather has been so mild I can't resist it. Unfortunately I know we'll be paying for it later this winter or with a long cold spring. So far the echocardiogram came back normal. Still waiting for the nuclear stress results.

CAMBET, glad you're still negative for covid.
I'm sure you'll find a plan that you can work with. I like KCM's workouts because they're 30 minutes and some of the premixes are even shorter for days you're short on time or energy. Looking forward to what you do.

Hi NORA.

Have a wonderful day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-23, 10:35 AM  
cambet

Good morning,

Yesterday I did the rest of CHE: Rope & Ride. Made it to over 6,100 steps for the day.

I watched some of Cathe's Slow & Heavy, and I'm thinking about doing that with the principle of the Burn Phase from Chalean Extreme. Cathe goes super slow doing a count of 2-6 (2 on the negative and 6 on the positive) and does 3 sets of 8. I think that I would go slow and do my own slow-ish count (but definitely not as slow as count of 6 on the lift ), and do 10-12 reps (like the Burn phase of CLX). I really like most of the basic exercises that Cathe does (and she gives excellent form pointers) and I would just not do the moves that I don't want to do (like triceps dips). It's hard to tell how long my modified version of the workouts would take. The workouts are in the hour range, but since I would only be doing 2 sets, and wouldn't do all of the moves, I'm wondering if I could finish them in 40-45 mins.

S&H is a 3-day split, so I would still do 2 days of cardio and a day of Ellen on the off days. Right now this is the front runner of ideas. Of course, we'll see what happens when Monday rolls around. For the month of January I'm only teaching 1 class, so I may be able to realistically get this going.

It's been kind of fun to think about my fitness goals, peruse all my workouts, think about what I like, and figure out what my ideal rotation would look like.

SB - Great job with your walk. Our weather has been pretty mild the last few days, so I know what you mean. Good news that the echocardiogram came back normal. I hope you'll get good news about the other test(s). Have a great day!
Old 01-07-23, 10:12 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Thursday I did about half of CHE: Wild Horse. I ran some errands and got my hair done in the afternoon. Made it to over 5,600 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did a little more of CHE: Wild Horse. I also went to work for the first time since I've been back in town (I met with the prof that I'll be teaching my Jan class with) and I had coffee with friends and ran a couple of errands in the afternoon. Made it to over 6,500 steps for the day.

Hi SB and Nora.
Old 01-07-23, 10:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

I slacked off a little the past couple of days.
I guess a combination of crappy weather and some appointments, errands and visiting my friend for dinner last night.
Today my upstate NY friend is in town so we'll be walking soon and then going out to lunch for her birthday so I should get some exercise accomplished.

CAMBET, good to see you keeping up with your step goals. Your plan of Cathe, cardio and Ellen sounds good. Even if you can't stick with it to the letter it's always a good idea to have some things planned as a guideline. I should follow my own advice.
LOL.

DS and his gf got engaged over New Year's Eve so that's some exciting news. I'm very happy for them.

Hi NORA.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-07-23, 01:39 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hey, congratulations to your son and his GF, SB. That's some nice news. Do they have a wedding date yet? I'm like you: walking when I can, but missing a few days here and there due to weather or other things coming up.

Cambet - I wish you a good start to your new semester.

today, I've done no exercise and I'm fighting with myself about whether or not I'm going to. Maybe I can bargain down to a 1/2 hour walk later!
Old 01-08-23, 12:31 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

41 minute outdoor walk

I walked with a couple of friends then we went to lunch and spent the afternoon together. It was fun! Hoping for another walk today.

NORA, I hear you on trying to convince myself to walk sometimes. Right now DS and his gf are looking at June 2024 because they want an outdoor wedding but nothing definite yet.

Hi CAMBET.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-09-23, 11:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

50 minute outdoor walk

Waves to all. Have a good one.
Old 01-10-23, 08:37 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

That last few days have been kind of a blur.

Saturday I had a friend in town most of the day, so I didn't get in a workout. Made it to over 5,500 steps for the day just from being busy.

Sunday I finished CHE: Wild Horse and started CH: Country Swing, but didn't get too far (I did it to help with my hourly step goals). I also had dinner with two of the Italy crew, so I wasn't home in the evening. Made it to over 5,700 steps for the day.

Monday - First day of Jan-term class. Things went well with class, but my work out plans got thwarted in the evening because one of the Italy crew had an emergency and needed some help. By the time the whole thing got resolved I was out of energy to work out. I did make it to over 6,300 steps for the day just by being back on campus.

Hopefully, I'll get to launch my new workout plan later today.

SB - Great job with your walks and I'm glad you've been also having fun with friends! Congrats to your DS and his gf! That is exciting news! I know what you mean about slacking off. I feel like I've done that the last few days, but hopefully, I'll get back to it today.

Nora - I understand what you mean about bargaining with yourself to do something. I hope it worked out!
Old 01-10-23, 10:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

43 minute outdoor walk

I have an early lunch date with a couple of friends so I hope I don't lose my mojo when I return. That happens sometimes. At least the weather is holding out pretty decently for January *knock wood*. I happened to see the 10 day forecast and no s-word in sight. Shhhhh. LOL.

CAMBET, good to see you're getting steps in even just being on campus with no formal workouts. Take one day at a time.
You'll get in the workouts when you can.

Hi NORA.

Have a great day ladies!