Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-06-22, 02:15 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

jacquelyn bridal barre burn which was harder than I remember, just uses a band! then 20 min petra kolber cardio. Rode my horse. Resistance stretch.

ebianco - I did chuckle at checking that your dvds were safe but I also have to admit then when we got to Taos and I opened the cabinet where I keep my dvds it made me happy to see them. god only knows why. It is hard to get in all the good sort of non traditional workouts - classical stretch, yoga, fitprime!

hi buzzer!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 07:43 AM  
Buzzer

Muscle Up 2B Fit Chest and Back.. DONE!
Ran/walked Portugal.. DONE!
Muscle Up 2B Fit Arms... DONE!

Sorry I haven't checked in! I don't know where the times goes. It was kinda a rough weekend, so I guess that's my excuse.

I went with KCM's weights on Muscle Up, and it was great! She did grab 20's for her first set of biceps, and I grabbed 20's. Other than that, I matched her weight. That always makes it easier to remember what to grab next time! I do like this workout. They edited out the second set of Superman's, as well as the second set of hammer curls. So I had to pause and complete each of those sets. I kinda felt like they edited them out so they could say it was still 30 minutes, however the arms workout is more like 40 so I don't think that's the excuse. More like just sloppy editing.

It's a really good workout though! I usually can go heavier for workouts that are just 8 reps, however since the sets are pretty close together with just another set for another muscle group between, I get tired fast. It's quick and efficient though! I am pulling together workouts for Florida and Great wolf, since we will be going to those places almost back to back. That's a lot of working out away from home I want to figure out.

So my Dad got the good news that the cancer hasn't spread to anywhere else. Now it sounds like they are putting a plan together and feeling better about the direction they are going. I recommended Pau D'Arco tea to my Mom to get him, I hopefully will be able to call them today and find out if they got it. I am excited to see them for Thanksgiving, however not terribly excited at the expense! HA! of course. However, I keep telling myself that time is not replaceable. I will be happy to have the time. This has definitely made me more angry that they moved across the country. I was afraid of something like this when they moved, and knew it would cost us thousands of dollars. Not them, us. Guess what? We are there sooner than I had expected.

Anyhow, we are getting insulation blown into the ceiling of the new garage this week, which will be nice since it is very cold in there. So we spent the weekend moving everything out of the garage again. LB and DH did most of it on Saturday while I was out, which is a relief! I was not looking forward to that. Today I will run on the treadmill, then the rest of the week it will be under plastic so it doesn't get insulation blown on it.

Ebianco; I love reading about your workouts. I really think I need to do them! I don't watch all of them, however occasionally I check one out and think "I need to add this to my rotation." I don't know if I get internet at the workout place at my parents house (it's a clubhouse about 1/2 mile away), but maybe that'll be the time to try them! I am going through trying to figure out what to bring. Are all Pure Barres OOP? I have a lot of them, I don't think I realized they were OOP (if they are). I grabbed a barre set (I think it's barre amped?) and am thinking of doing barre while I am there. I will probably also grab my muscle up 2b fit, because I don't remember if there are weight there, and if there are I will be bummed I didn't bring a weight workout. Although, I would solve all that if I knew if I had internet and could do the YouTube workouts you are doing! HA! I have been there now 3 times and still haven't learned.

We have had snow twice now. We just got another about 3" on Friday! Or was it Thursday? I don't remember. There's still some lying around, although today is supposed to be about 60 degrees so it will be gone. We occasionally get white Christmases, mostly it's just white because snow is already on the ground. I love it when it snows though! By the time Christmas rolls around, we are right in the middle of winter and snowfalls. Our snowiest season though is March! Which to me is crazy. I would think January/February, and I have lived here almost my whole life! I think March we usually just get one big snowfall, so it cancels out all the littler ones we get in Jan/Feb.

Eventmom: I have all the fit primes, however you guys were talking about a compilation once and I was surprised to find I didn't have it! I am glad I don't remember what it was now. HA! I am always happy to see my DVD's when I get home. I don't know why, it's like little friends all lined up in a cabinet that greet me. It always makes me smile. Sometimes I just like to go through and look at them all, or most of them. It would take too long to look at them all! I regret that I, at one point to save space, took many of them out of their hard DVD cases and put them in a DVD book thing. I threw away a lot of cover art. I now regret that, it makes it harder to scan them and know what I have. Sigh. I thought I was doing a good thing at the time!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 02:43 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

karen voight sleek essentials 53 minutes this is a follow up to the sleek physique set. It's okay but she does all the cardio, then all the standing weights, then all the floor work (ok that's okay) but I would have preferred to break up the cardio with the standing weight work. and more abs that I really like. anyway, it might be the first time I did the entire workout. The dvd is chaptered so you can just use the cardio.... etc.

buzzer - I never put my workouts in DVD holders. but I have gotten dvd cases that hold multiple dvds and combined. My 3 callanetics - one case. Tamilee Cardio Blast and Weight Loss - one case. Combined margaret richard - stuff like that. I can usually slide the cover in with the other cover. In case I want to get rid of one I still have the cover but I'm sort of a workout DVD hoarder now.

hi ebianco!
Old 11-08-22, 07:12 AM  
Buzzer

Run/walk on treadmill... DONE!

I did another run through Portugal, on the beautiful beach. Lots of old, old buildings! It's fun to see another country. Especially one I don't know I will ever visit! This workout, instead of all the runs being on a flat, he did one run that was at an 8% incline. The treadmill, since it is pre-programmed, continued my 6mph pace even up the incline. I still did it, however I noticed very much the incline! I was very breathless! It was good though. Gave me a little more of a push during what is normally a kinda "easy" walk/run.

My legs have been.. kinda sore. I hesitate to say that, because I was debating whether it was sore or just tired. Maybe both. I noticed yesterday that by the end of the day my feet were achy and my legs wanted to just collapse. They were tired. And sore. So yeah, probably both.

This morning I woke up LB to see the blood moon. She only looked at it for a minute, however I really wanted her to see it. she will have the opportunity to again see it in 2025, but will she? So I got her out. This morning I have a headache, and I am wondering if it's the eclipse, or if I just didn't drink enough yesterday.

This time change also is really messing with me. DH had us clearing out the garage until about 9pm new time. That's 10pm old time. I am still on old time, even though the clocks aren't. That means I am tired at 7pm new time (8pm old) and ready for bed at 8pm (9pm old). I hate this transition time!! I will adapt, but this is stupid. Why do I have to do this????

Eventmom: I have a few of those cases, mostly for sets. I do have one for Joyce, one for Bob Harper. My problem is that I do my rotations based on, for example my current rotation, 30 minute split routines. Therefore, all the DVD's get mixed together. if I did rotations based on "Margeret Richard rotation" then it would work better for me. I don't know. I don't know what the solution is for me. I thought about just getting new cases, then I have to get new cover art. Or create it. I thought those slim cases would be good... I found some of those so I used them. they get lost between the big cases. I guess there is no good solution for my problem. I just shuffle my workouts around too much! Oh well. At least my current situation takes up less room.

Hi Ebianco! I hope you are doing well. How is your husband doing, by the way? Has he fully recovered? is he changing any of his ways? I would still be freaked out and watching him breathe.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-08-22, 03:04 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics barre stretch - 37 min

buzzer - yeah, I tend to rotate particular instructors so combining they way I mentioned works pretty well. The really narrow cases are a pain, no spine to put the name of the workout! Fortunately only my charlenes are in those cases so I can handle it. Oh you saw the moon! I missed it. I'm actually on board with the time change, it's easier to wake up when there is some sun at 6:30-7... I grew up in AZ where they don't do daylight savings time so I find the entire process confusing and useless.

hi ebianco!
Old 11-10-22, 09:05 AM  
Buzzer

Firm... one of the legs ones. Not a classic, one with the fanny lifter, sculpt I think? .... DONE!
Firm... the upper body one. Upper body sculpt I believe?... DONE!

The legs was OK. Lots of step ups on the high step! I grabbed 15's, and was discouraged at how poorly I did compared to the instructor. Then I realized I had 15's, and she had like 8's. It was good though, I was pooped at the end!

upper body, I don't know. For some reason to me it just seemed like a mishmash of exercises. I know I have liked this one in the past, however this time it seemed unstructured and not well put together. tiring out my arms then working my chest and back again... doesn't work. My arms were my weakest link then, and my chest and back, which are stronger, couldn't do as much because my arms were tired! So I guess this time, this workout was a miss for me.

I kinda left my workout yesterday feeling like I didn't really do much because of that. I might put it on the rotation again to give it a second chance, or just move on.

We are getting insulation blown into the ceiling of the new garage this week, so no treadmill. I don't know what I will do today... perhaps a lower cardio. I have discovered ice cream blows me up like nobody's business, and I have eaten ice cream the last two nights. I don't regret it, because night 1 I went with LB to the ice cream store, and we ate ice cream while we sat at a booth playing connect 4. Last night I had some just because I had leftovers, so that one I could have done without! I do know dairy, especially ice cream, blows up my whole body like a balloon.

Today is a bit lower key, the only thing on our schedule is karate. Other than that, school. So it'll be a nice day!

Eventmom: Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to organize my discs. I am always shuffling them around! They definitely do not get any dust on them for how much I move them. Cracks me up... I grew up with time change and it still confuses me! I have no idea why we do it. I like the morning light, however the darkness at 5pm is awful. I am more apt to be out at 5pm than at 7am, so I would rather have light then! Once it's dark, I am camping in. I still have to get things done though! I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year for sure.

Hi Ebianco!! Miss you!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 11-10-22, 11:22 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Oops I missed checking in yesterday! I started my workout week yesterday with Epic Heat Day 46, I'm on the final week! Yesterday was back, shoulders, and biceps (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opvX...XkXVM&index=50) and I definitely feel it today.

Then today was Day 47, lower body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkbN...XkXVM&index=51) which was slow and steady and my legs were shaking!

Tomorrow is chest and triceps in what is an only-pushups workout we'll see how that goes LOL. Then total body Saturday and my final HIIT on Sunday! Until I take a break and then probably do it all over again LOL!!

I don't know if I've just been hungry for whatever reason the last couple fo days, or if the Epic program is finally catching up to me? I was so thrilled before I wasn't overly hungry but I feel like I've been ravenous the last couple of days even with my protein shakes right after my meals. It's making it hard to keep my eating in order!

Eventmom and Buzzer It sounds like all three of us 'check in' on our DVDs to some extent, LOL!! Maybe it is a vidiot thing The way I have the gym set up is that I have my favorite and most used DVDs on a smaller shelf to the left of my TV (and a repurposed kitchen cabinet that is affixed to the wall, where my VIPs like Pure Barres live ), then a DVD bookshelf at the other end of the room with the rest of the DVDs I barely use, but still hope to get back to sometime. And of course I like to say hi to them too. LOL

Mine are all just in the regular DVD cases they came in, except for sets which I use a 10-DVD holder for. I mean most or all of big sets came in crummy little cardboard books that scratch up the DVDs like crazy. Or in a couple of instances those giant cardboard "books" that held the DVDs nicely but wasn't really practical packaging or filing on a shelf, like RKS for instance did that I think? Do you guys remember those? (I found the picture example here: https://www.amazon.com/Reinhardt-Ket...ct_top?ie=UTF8) LOL.

Buzzer Thanks for asking and DH is doing well, he still feels a little paranoid about any acid reflux/heartburn because those were his symptoms leading up to his heart attack, but I think he's regained some confidence. He really hasn't had an appetite for several months and has dropped a lot of weight. He had a lot of extra weight TO drop and he's leveled out, which I think is good. He doesn't really eat healthy food but he also still doesn't eat much food at all, so I guess it's not a huge deal He is still on a waitlist to get into cardio rehab though! It is crazy the wait on that.

I think all the Pure Barres are OOP but the older ones like Pershing Square, etc. before PB was bought out by a new group aren't as expensive as the newer ones (Focus, Resistances series). I mostly just have the new ones. They weren't cheap when I purchased them originally from Pure Barre but wow have I seriously used them over the years. Actually I looked on eBay and the PB DVDs aren't as expensive (by comparison) as some of those OOP Fitprime workouts! Its probably just a matter of waiting and snatching something when it comes up.

I absolutely do barre when I'm on travel, it's such an easy workout because you really don't need any equipment (or you could pack bands) or really much space at all to do them! You can easily do them in a hotel bedroom or anywhere really. That is my main go-to for travel unless I know 100% I will have fast and accessible wifi.
Old 11-10-22, 01:55 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - jacquelyn sculpted barre + 20 min marion brand walk + stretch
today - FP lean

buzzer - I can ride in the am because I almost never have to be on campus in the am (but of course taught night classes so...) anyway, most of my horse friends consider the first day of daylight savings a holiday to celebrate (because they can ride after work) and the last day a day to mourn.... anyway, I'm just finding it easier to get going now that the sun in up.

ebianco - omg we are vidiots for sure! I just laughed at myself a little when we go to our little house in Taos and went an looked at my small dvd collection a little after we arrived and just looking at it made me happy oh geezzzz. I never got into pure barre! probably missing out. glad your dh is doing okay, but that is a crazy wait.
Old 11-11-22, 11:27 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, happy Friday and Veterans Day!

Today I did Epic Heat Day 48, the pushup workout (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5gL...XkXVM&index=52) and it was...doable?! I think it was made doable because the entire workout was 20 seconds on/20 seconds off so you weren't in any pushup for too long before you were resting and moving on. But to be sure I was Each of the variations was repeated once except for the regular pushup which was a staple that appeared 9 times. I actually stayed on my toes for many of the pushups, except for the hard no's, like the clapping pushups (I did a safer variation) and a couple others. But otherwise I was on my toes and my stamina was fantastic! Of course I'm sure my chest (and to a lesser extent my triceps, shoulders, and core) will be feeling it tomorrow. It went by fast like a HIIT workout.

Eventmom I haven't done FP Lean in a long time but that's a good one! I follow Michelle Dozois on instagram and she must be friends with Keli Roberts because she showed pictures of Keli's wedding a few days ago and it's crazy how much time has gone by, everyone is older now but of course in the fitness industry everyone still looks great (especially Michelle!).

Buzzer waves!
Old 11-11-22, 03:02 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

18 min ttapp lymphatic walk + floor barre

the ny aarp offered some free zoom floor barre then sent out links the links are only good for about another month but I like these as cross training.

ebianco - I like FP lean for not too hard and Keli is great. I had no idea Keli got married, good for her. They both look great.

hi buzzer!

Tags
fitprime just right