Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-15-22, 05:12 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post

Dana - I had to chuckle, Ellen called her kicks in Quick Tone "karate chops"! That Olivia Lawson channel looks good and I like the looks of her Revive playlist.
Donna, she says that every time she does the kicks! Also in all her DVDs. I like Ellen though and have a soft spot for her.

I looked at Olivia's Revive playlist and am considering following it loosely. I'm in the process of cancelling most of my subscriptions and plan to use more youtube instructors. I've done several of Olivia's workouts and if I do her Revive, I'd rather support her with a one time fee than pay for several subscriptions I rarely use. I paused Essentrics for 3 months but will resume it next month. I'll keep Essentrics because it makes me feel good and it's different enough from anything else out there that I found.
Old 10-15-22, 08:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Mindful Movement Pilates Workout - 30 minutes

This was an interesting workout - I don't exactly know how to describe it. It seemed to have a lot of what I would call mobility work. In any event, there were some moves that I hadn't done lately, some I didn't think I could do but could and some I could do some of the reps but not all of them.

Dana - Olivia's channel looks good! There are so many good offerings on YouTube these days.

Donna - Hope you got a nap before your company got to your house...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-22, 11:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm tired from cleaning and having guests yesterday!

Nevertheless, I did:

Ellen - Barre Cardio - I notice a big improvement in my hip flexibility - I have been struggling with runner's lunges and those type of moves but today I was able to do them! I really think it is b/c I did CS a few times this week. That has to stay in the rotation, apparently!

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Standing Energizing workout w/Mini Ball -this was a standing Pilates/Barre inspired workout. I really like Lauren -she is so calming.

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Gentle Exercises for Back Pain Relief - no back pain, but this felt good to do after the other routines!

I am going to get my dog walk in today, maybe some CS, and I may cook a fall soup or something, or I may just do nothing. LOL!

Carol - I did get my nap in and also a walk w/ my doggie and some CS. So it all came together. I will have to give that workout from Jessica a try this week.

Dana - waves! I have cut back on my subscriptions. I have Essentrics TV (I like that you can suspend the subscription - it is convenient!), Ellen, and Jessica Valent. I will try some others from time to time if I get a deal - like a discounted or free month but I'm pretty happy with this line up and You Tube and my DVDs.... There is a lot on You Tube to keep you busy and I like the model like Caroline Jordan has where you can join her Patreon for a month and get a fitness calendar, and some other goodies. the long term subscriptions - most don't work for me - but I am consistent using the 3 i have...Ellen and Essentrics get used a few times a week and if I'm not following JV that closely I will at least do some of her PT style routines regularly. My subscription w/ her is discounted, so I keep it around and will go in phases with it - but her short PT workouts are good add ons for me.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-22, 07:05 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Power Express - 15min.
Olivia Lawson Day 1 of Revive program Metabolic Cardio Walk - 30min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ddv...cwGUU8&index=1

I'm planning to loosely follow Olivia's Revive playlist for a while although tomorrows schedule calls for Arms & Abs which is 40min long. I'm not sure I want to do arms and abs only for 40min, but I'll preview it and see what else is included.

I have to go to the office this morning. The company will be moving by the end of Jan 2023 and there's a lot that needs to be done ahead of time.

We're expecting flurries today. Bring it!

Waves to all!
Old 10-17-22, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in but no stretching.

Today, so far, has been:

Caroline Jordan - Low Impact Cardio Pilates Workout - this was a high rep routine - i didn't see much in the way of Pilates - the cardio may have been from a higher heart rate by using high reps. There was some work done standing and some done on the floor. Nothing I haven't seen before. It as a good workout - efficient - but there were some editing issues and it was taught via voice-over which is not my favorite. Still, it did get the job done.

CS 1404 - Posture - I figured since I skipped yesterday I should be sure to get it done today.

Dana - fluries -EEK!

waves, Carol!

Donna
Old 10-17-22, 06:21 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I took a rest day on Sunday, but today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Barre Workout for Beginners - 20 minutes

This was a gentle barre workout - quite a few calf raises, but very little work in a high heel position which I find challenging these days with my bum ankle. Jessica added in light weights - I used my 3's but could have used 4's.

We had rain all day yesterday - not heavy, but pretty consistent. Unusual for us to have a long spell of rain. It was cool too - low 50s for the high.

Donna - nice workouts!

Dana - Whoa! Flurries! I'm not ready for that.

Carol
Old 10-18-22, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

It was a little dreary yesterday and I didn't get out to walk - the weather wasn't terrible, so I could have, but I got lazy. I did, however, add on a Lucy Wyndham Read video at the end of the day - it was 15 min - I can't recall which one it was though - something about 10 best exercises for calorie burning! They all sort of blend together, but Lucy is so positive it is a mood boost to workout w/ her.

Today I went back to Caroline:

Caroline Jordan - 40 Min Walking for Fat Loss - this was an indoor walking workout - no music - and a tad repetitive. The first half was w/out weights, the 2nd half was w/ weights. It was a low dread, but effective routine. She mentions that she has Spotify playlists, I will have to check that out. She also did a mid-video promo for a supplement - but that is ok w/ me - I figure she needs to make money somehow. And it wasn't too long or anything.

She had a stretch up next, but I glanced at and didn't think I would like it so I did:

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 20 Min Morning Yin Yoga - she posted this one yesterday. I liked it - it hit all the spots i need to hit. If I eve get consistent w/ yoga again it will probably be w/ Kassandra.

Dana - did you get snow/flurries?

Carol - Nice job w/ Jessica's barre - i will have to try it out!

Sun is out today so hopefully an outdoor walk at some point - although I do have meetings all afternoon. I will have to make a point of going earlier in the day.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-18-22, 07:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was a steady state cardio per Jessica's calendar, so I did

Walk - 30 minutes
Jessica Valant Pilates - Pilates for Beginners - 10 Minute Workout

Nothing exciting going on here.

Carol
Old 10-19-22, 07:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Moving for Beauty - 30min
Ellen's Arms & Abs - 30min

Since spring I've been having a lot of musculoskeletal aches & pains. If it's not my back than it's my knees or both. Non stop. I've been very healthy all my life and this is really bringing me down. This should finally motivate me to lose those 25 lbs because without a doubt, it would help with aches and pains.

Donna, yes we did get flurries the other day and real temps hovered around 23F in the morning. I like it but starting Friday and over the weekend temps will be back in the lower 70s.

Waves, Carol!
Old 10-19-22, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did manage a quick dog walk and CS 1405 as add ons.

Today, so far:

Ellen - Four Elements Flow.

I hope to squeeze in a walk but I have a hectic day ahead and then meeting my old co-workers for dinner.

Dana - the aches and pains are quite frustrating.

Nice job, Carol, you are being so consistent!

Donna