Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-22, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did walk my dog and added on one of Jessica Valent's stretches - Renew and Restore.

I was otherwise lazy yesterday, although we did get our decorating done. I was really tired for some reason, I am blaming the weather and saying that this is the season for slowing down.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Cardio Barre - w/ the Calli (wrist) weights

Jessica Valent - Scoliosis Routine (17 min)

Carol - nice workouts! I am going to pass on Amy's sale as well. I feel that I have a good balance going w/ the streaming sites I pay for now and the You Tube workouts. And, I really do need to, at some point, do a month of just DVD workouts.....I still have such a large collection.

Hope you enjoy the day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 08:34 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were

Jessica Valant Pilates - Scoliosis Exercises & Stretches - 15 minutes & Exercises for SI Pain Relief - 15 minutes

These both felt good on my back. Too much sitting and watching football the last few days. It's been too cold and windy to do much walking outside.

We also got our main tree up and decorated and then decorated our pencil tree in the kitchen - it's the one that we leave up all year round and decorate with seasonal decorations: hearts for Valentines Day, etc.

Donna - Nice workouts yesterday! I've been tired too. For me, I guess it's age, but I don't like it.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 11:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I did not get anything else in yesterday - I ended up doing a little shopping w/ DD and then going to the barn with her. And, today it is raining, so no outdoor walk.

Today, so far:

Senior Shape w/ Lauren - Walking HIIT workout for Seniors and Beginners

Jessica Valent - Side to Side workout

Both were nice....

Carol - nice job! I hear you on the prolonged sitting..not good. I like the idea of having a year round tree! I felt a little perikier yesterday - maybe b/c it was sunny outside. I am now trying to motivate myself to go to the grocery store for a few items...

Donna
Old 11-27-22, 05:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were pretty low key:

Improved Health - 10 Minute Low Impact Gentle Walk - 10 minutes & One Month to a Stronger You - Day Four (Lower Body) - 15 minutes

I did a little more Christmas decorating and I'll spend much of the remainder of the evening cooking.

Donna - I haven't been too perky either - today is sunny, so it doesn't feel so icky although it is still in the 40s for highs.

Carol
Old 11-28-22, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was all set to do Ellen's 10 Day Challenge, but this morning, I completely changed my mind and did:

Burpee Girl - 37 Min Walk & Tone Dumbbell Workout - there were no burpees, lol! I am not sure why she calls her channel that as I have never seen her do a burpee- her workouts are of the music-only variety - no talking and they seem like solid intermediate workouts to me. This one had 4 rounds alternating 30 seconds of walking w/ 40 seconds of weight work. You can go at your own pace with everything.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Gentle Morning Yoga for Beginners

Back to work today, unfortunately.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-28-22, 08:04 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Beginner Weights Workout - Lower Body #2 - 20 minutes & 5 Minute Full Body Stretch

For some reason the lunges bothered my right knee tonight. Hmm. My form must have been off or something.

Today wasn't too bad considering it was my first day back at work.

Donna - that workout sounds like a good one! Despite the name, I will have to check our Burpee Girl's channel. I will definitely let you know if I stumble across any burpees.

Carol
Old 11-29-22, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am all over the place, today I went with:

Be Healthy Enough (Amy Van Llew) - 30 Min Step HIIT - this was a very basic step workout - no combos - basically the step was used to increase the intensity of a basic move. I enjoyed it - got the job done. Amy's workouts are not super polished, but she is endearing. She caters to the over-50 crowd but her workouts are not really for beginners, if that makes sense. I would rate most of them as low intermediate to solid intermediate. She also tries to hit everything in her workout plan- strength, cardio, core, stretch, recovery and balance.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Deep Stretch Yoga - this was a nice stretchy routine.

I can't believe Ellen is having a 10 day challenge and I'm not participating, LOL! I am reading her daily e-mail w/ tips though so that is something I suppose.

Carol - Burpee Girl has a second channel - Burpee Girl Short Workouts - I like those for add ons/extra steps. They are all the same format, music only, no talking, basic moves. I can see that after awhile they would all blend together. Although I did get slightly sore from yesterday's workout - I think when I go at my own pace I go deeper into my squats/lunges and that does tend to make me sore - even if I'm not using weights or just using light weights. She does do a lot of twisty moves sometimes and if I see there are a lot of those in one of her workouts I will skip that one. There is only so much of that I can do! But my preference is probably for the "short workouts" channel to use as quick workouts or add ons.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Scratchy throat today....I'm hoping it is dry indoor air and not the start of something. I was just sick with that cold in the beginning of November. Hopefully I will not regret postponing my booster....ugh

Donna
Old 11-29-22, 06:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Senior Shape Fitness - Strength Training Workout (Full Body) - 40 minutes

As with many of Lauren's workouts, this one was a little tougher than it looked. My shoulders are pretty fried. I will definitely be sore tomorrow.

Nice workouts Donna. I hope you aren't getting sick!

Carol
Old 11-30-22, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Yesterday I did get a dog walk in and then I did do Ellen's Serene Strength after work.

Today, so far:

Jessica Valent - Double, Double - this was a longer workout - the first half is done w/out weights, second half - similar exercises - done w/ weights.

It is raining today so probably no walk....but maybe I'll do an indoor walking workout instead.

I don't feel any sicker, but my throat is scratchy - but I don't think it is serious since it isn't getting worse. Probably just the dry indoor air.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-30-22, 08:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workouts were

Senior Shape Fitness - Walking Cardio - 30 minutes;
Jessica Valant Pilates - Workout for a Stronger Back - 15 minutes

Lauren's cardio wasn't too bad. I didn't like it quite as much as I like Madeleine 's Silver & Fit cardio workouts, but it was cardio.

We've had a cold snap here and it's been cold and windy, but it's supposed to be 72 by Friday afternoon. Up/down/up/down.

Donna - Nice workout! Glad you aren't any worse. We have lots of flu out here.

Carol