Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-30-22, 06:03 PM  
gigi

Enjoy Wendy and Erica! Those weight workouts will be waiting for you when you get back!

Buffmama, you have been so consistent through the holidays!

Things have slowed down for me but I just can't get motivated to workout.

I am going to just dive in on Monday the 2nd at 4 a.m. I will most likely die but that's okay. I'm quite certain I will be ready for bed at 7 and I will allow that for the first week as my body adjusts to working out again AND working out at 4 a.m.

Two options I am considering:
Su, M, T, W (rest), Th, F or just M-F

I think I'm going to follow a strength based plan from Mossa to get me started so I kind of need to do my first workout of the week on Sundays so I can take the scheduled rest day. It would be good practice for me to get up and do it before church. We shall see...

If I was smart, I would begin with Lift with Cee's 20 minute weight lifting and add in a bit of cardio. I have an "all" or "nothing" mindset, unfortunately.

Currently, I am a lazy blob of carb loading. I start my master's program on the 9th. I can't decide if 2023 is coming for me or if I'm coming for 2023! I DO hope it holds less sorrow than 2022 did.
Old 01-01-23, 06:41 PM  
gigi

Okay, so I've decided to go a bit easier on myself this week. Tomorrow will be my first day to wake up a 4 to workout. I plan to do Lift with Cee's 20 Minute Weekly playlist for this week with some shorter cardio and mobility.

Today I bought the following DB's: two 35lb., a 40lb, and a 45lb. I lugged those up my stairs along with groceries and stuff I needed to get in the house from my car. I have all the equipment I need, so no excuses! Yesterday, I took down my Christmas decor and put my place back together and did a little rearranging.

I hope you all have a great week!
Old 01-01-23, 08:49 PM  
wendug

Angela- Wow! You are set with new fitness equipment- congrats! I've done a few of the 20 minute Lift w/Cee workouts and like them. Good luck with your new fitness plan of getting up at 4 am!

We just got back home after being gone for a week. I feel gross from not working out, although I have gone on lots of dog walks. My diet hasn't been great- apparently no one of both sides of my family wants to eat veggies. I did make dinner for my folks one night and forced some veggies on them. I've been trying to catch up on laundry and putting things away from the trip. It was nice to see family, but it is nice to be home. I'm happy to get back to my workouts tomorrow!

Hi Erica & Buffmama! Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-23, 05:05 AM  
gigi

I did it! I jumped out of bed at 4 and worked out. I'm glad I decided to go a bit easier to start. I did Lift with Cee 20 Minute #17 and then Burpee Girl 20 Minute Tabata. Both had nice stretches and cool downs. I added in some shoulder mobility with my dowel!

I CAN do this!

Wendy, welcome home! I felt gross too as my last workout was on 12/23/22. It felt good to move!
Old 01-02-23, 08:25 AM  
buffmama

Happy New Year to all!

Good job Angela on your early morning workout! My heaviest weights are 35lbs and I don't use those a lot. What are your plans for your 40 + 45lbs?

Wendy - I have become the family cook for all holidays so everyone gets to eat what I want. If it was terrible I would expect some opposition.

Erica - Hope you enjoyed your time with family.

Today's workout was on the Trifecta membership site so I'll post yesterdays:
another fitness kay_kay FB with DB
Booty Band Workout from growinganannas
Trifecta Pilates Unwind
Old 01-02-23, 05:59 PM  
Erica H.

Hi everyone! I will be back very soon to check in. Kids just left yesterday and almost done getting the house back in order - Christmas stuff away, mountains of laundry from all the bedding/towels, and cleaning.

Did a Tiff and Dan combo this morning for lower body and really liked it. Will try to remember to post exact workout when I come back. Daniel PT and Chris/Edi just posted new upper body workouts this morning that look good. So many good workouts to try!

Thinking of all of you.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 06:44 PM  
wendug

Today is my first day back to working out. I was tired today; I think my body is reacting to all the traveling and not sleeping well. But I did get in a workout- DC Fitt- 30 for 30 Strength & Cardio. Oh my! I need to build myself back up to pre-holiday workout levels. My quads were screaming at me. I think it could be from all the steps and hills I walked on over the holidays. Our home is a one level ranch so my body is not used to all the stairs!

Angela- Good on you for starting your week by working out at 4 am!

Erica- I glanced at the new Chris & Edi and it looks like a new 6 week build program.

Buffmama- I actually love to cook, but my parents don't have the best kitchen tools and I have to shop for all sorts of stuff when I visit as they don't have much on hand and love eating out at restaurants.
Old 01-03-23, 04:52 AM  
gigi

Done with my workout! Today was a bit more difficult. I did Lift with Cee 20 Minute #12. I'm using the heaviest weights I can. I had a more difficult 20 minute workout planned after that but my body is in shock. I did Mossa Centery 4 (10 minute) Energizing Flow. That got my heart rate up enough. My body needs to adjust to hopping out of bed and working out. Off to get ready for work!
Old 01-03-23, 07:39 AM  
buffmama

Morning All!
short Trifecta Pilates
Danielpt fitness DB Compound + Complex
MrandMrsMuscle 3 Day Glute Challenge
Yoga with Joelle Seated Yin
Kim Eng Whole Body Breathing

I was going to skip the breath work but it sucked me right in. She has a nice way about her and it was good.
Old 01-03-23, 08:21 AM  
Daffie

Cathe
Daffie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts