Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-16-22, 06:28 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I'm sorry about your washing machine. What a hassle. One of my sons doesn't have laundry facilities in his apt. or complex so I'm always happy if he brings laundry home and then does it again before heading back to save him the trouble and expense. I don't know what it costs him though. Was there any damage in the crawlspace? Michelle has some great workouts.

I did BEASTMODE LOWER BODY WORKOUT - Legs, Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes | Day 7. I didn't really like it that much and my back was sore later but I'll probably repeat it again in a couple of days just because it's easier on me to do something familiar and not have to figure out a new workout. Maybe I'll use lighter weights but I didn't feel strain while doing the workout so maybe it was something else.

Hi Angela!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-22, 06:48 PM  
gigi

Hey Erica and Wendy! No workout yesterday. It was dark, cold, and rainy all day. I literally almost flipped out with excitement when I got home to my couch and blanket.

Today I did STS Phase 2, Week 1,Dis 15 Back & Bi's. I followed that up with 10 Minute Shoulder & Thoracic Spine Mobility.

Did I tell you guys how much I love my big yoga mat? Using the barbell for back and bi's feels totally different from db's even though I did not go that much heavier.

Today, briefly, I felt this overwhelming urge to cry and I just wanted to run away from everything. Weird.
Old 11-17-22, 06:16 PM  
wendug

Angela- It must be nice to have a large yoga mat and a barbell, too! Sometimes it is helpful to have a good cry for no particular reason.

Erica- No damage to the crawlspace. I must have caught it early. DH comes home tonight so hopefully over the weekend we can figure out what needs to be done with the washer/pipes.

Today's workout- KCM- Stepboxing 2 workout 2. I'm glad there are drills in this otherwise it would be too easy. I added on her Kickboxing with Light Dumbbells from Body Design.
Old 11-18-22, 06:26 PM  
wendug

Today has been cold! I walked my dogs this am and with the wind it was quite cold. I didn't bundle up with my heaviest winter coat, but maybe I should have.

Erica- I hope the snow let up and you are able to pick up your daughter from the airport easily.

Angela- I hope you had a good week!

Today's workout- Sydney Cummings- 45 Minute Full Body Challenge- Move Day 9. This one was okay. She used too much equipment in this one and I had dumbbells all over my living room after doing this workout.
Old 11-18-22, 07:03 PM  
Erica H.

My daughter is coming home tomorrow and two of my sons are coming home Sunday (fingers crossed weather cooperates - big snowstorm coming) so I won't be posting for a while. Hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know it will be different since you both lost loved ones recently. I'll be thinking of you.

Today I did Fuel Day 6 (decided not to repeat the workout that hurt my back) and part of Chris and Edi 30 MIN LEG WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS (Follow Along & Build Legs at Home). Fuel Day 6 was perfect because it is mostly bodyweight.

Erica
Old 11-19-22, 06:48 PM  
Erica H.

My daughter is almost here and my sons may have to delay their trip home by a day due to the snowstorm. Fortunately, they are driving and more flexible. So relieved my daughter is making it! Can't wait to see her.

Today I did Daniel PT 30 min UPPER BODY Workout COMPLEX SETS with dumbbells (Chest, Back, Shoulder, Biceps, Triceps). I didn't do it as a complex workout, though. I did each exercise for 12 reps and went slow and heavy. It took me about 40 minutes this way instead of 30. I'll definitely do it again and do it like this.

Hope you are both having a good weekend. I'll try to read but probably won't post. They are predicting power outages due to the snowstorm, which would be awful - we don't have water when our power is out and we have a full fridge for the holiday and the kids visiting.

Erica
Old 11-19-22, 09:07 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
My daughter is almost here and my sons may have to delay their trip home by a day due to the snowstorm. Fortunately, they are driving and more flexible. So relieved my daughter is making it! Can't wait to see her.

Today I did Daniel PT 30 min UPPER BODY Workout COMPLEX SETS with dumbbells (Chest, Back, Shoulder, Biceps, Triceps). I didn't do it as a complex workout, though. I did each exercise for 12 reps and went slow and heavy. It took me about 40 minutes this way instead of 30. I'll definitely do it again and do it like this.

Hope you are both having a good weekend. I'll try to read but probably won't post. They are predicting power outages due to the snowstorm, which would be awful - we don't have water when our power is out and we have a full fridge for the holiday and the kids visiting.

Erica
Erica- I'm so glad your daughter is able to make it with the snowstorm. And it's better for your sons to wait a day when the roads are better. I hope your power doesn't go out with the storm...that would be awful with a fridge full of food. I guess at this time of year you can just put it outside and it will be okay. It has been frigid here, but only a few flurries that haven't amounted to anything.
I took a rest day today. I feel like I've been doing a lot of running around lately and just wanted to bundle up and relax today. I need to go to the store, but going on a Saturday before Thanksgiving just didn't sound like fun.

It's been a while since I've done a Daniel PT workout. I should try to fit one of his workouts in soon.
Old 11-20-22, 07:01 PM  
wendug

Today I did a Turbo Fan Turbo Kick Workout- #33. I find Turbo Jams & Turbo Kicks so fun, but I hated Turbo Fire. I wish I had purchased more of the Turbo Kick workouts from Powder Blue back in the day. There are a lot of Turbo Kick workouts on YT from various instructors, but the quality is usually lacking.

We got above freezing today and the sun was out! Yay! I went to the store and bought a bone-in turkey breast for Thanksgiving. I need to research what brine to use on it. I want to try something new this year.

Erica & Angela- Hope you both had a nice weekend!

Erica- How much snow did you end up getting?
Old 11-20-22, 07:15 PM  
gigi

Erica, I'm so happy your family is coming and that your daughter is with you. Enjoy! I too, do not know how you do such tough workouts on so little sleep!

Wendy, I hope you are able to get your washing machine fixed quickly!

I did not workout Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. I took my dad out for breakfast for his birthday on Saturday, hung out with him and his dog after breakfast, came home and took a 45 minute nap, made my mom's mac n' cheese and went to a Friends Thanksgiving.

LesMills is doing a special of 3 months for $15, so I purchased that and ended my Classical Stretch subscription. I always get a CS subscription, thinking that I will use it then I never do. I thought I may enjoy BodyPump again, now that I have a barbell. Tonight I did BodyPump #120. I WAY overestimated what I could do for the squat and lunge track. Body Pump has a whole different feel to it then free weights. I only have two days of school this week.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-22, 05:50 PM  
gigi

Tonight was Crazy Fun Step Tabata. It really was fun and I added one riser!

Last edited by gigi; 11-21-22 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Can't get link to work
gigi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts