Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-22, 06:57 PM  
gigi

Wendy, I am overdue for a dentist appointment. Bleh.

Erika, Today was non-stop for me. It just seems like some days/weeks/months you can't catch a break. I hope you can find a way to relax some. ):

Today I did Cathe STS Phase 2, Week 1, Disc 13 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. It is a long workout because you take a full minute between every single set. I did shoulder mobility with my dowel throughout the workout and after. Then I finished with DocJenFit Mobility Flow (that I did earlier this week). Tomorrow I plan to do cardio and some form of mobility.
Old 11-09-22, 08:01 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy, our dental bills have been unbelievable this year. DH has had 3 implants, extractions, root canals, infections, etc. He's been through so much and I expect it's going to be 15-20k when it's all finally done and that's with dental insurance (that maxes out at 2k). Sorry about the fillings and I'm glad you don't need a crown!

I find that Tiff and Dan workout to be really hard. I'm actually doing that one tomorrow. Today I repeated UPLIFTED Upper Body Dumbbell Workout | EPIC Endgame Day 12.

Rough day today. It's just been one thing after another this past week and I can't keep up with my regular stuff so I don't know how I'm going to manage the holidays.

Erica
Those dental costs are insane! Why is dental work so expensive and insurance won't cover much???

When I previewed that Tiff & Dan workout it didn't seem to be too much, but while doing it my heart rate was high, and I was sweating buckets. It is definitely a tough workout!

Hugs to you on your rough day.
Old 11-09-22, 08:06 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Wendy, I am overdue for a dentist appointment. Bleh.

Erika, Today was non-stop for me. It just seems like some days/weeks/months you can't catch a break. I hope you can find a way to relax some. ):

Today I did Cathe STS Phase 2, Week 1, Disc 13 - Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. It is a long workout because you take a full minute between every single set. I did shoulder mobility with my dowel throughout the workout and after. Then I finished with DocJenFit Mobility Flow (that I did earlier this week). Tomorrow I plan to do cardio and some form of mobility.
I've heard a lot about Cathe's STS series here at VF, but I really have done very little Cathe. A minute break between sets seems like a lot, but sometimes that is what is needed to really focus on going heavy with good form. Lift w/Cee has a long rest period between sets as well. I'm impressed that you do so much mobility work. I should really add more mobility work myself.
Old 11-09-22, 08:25 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - I've done the full STS rotation in the past and definitely got stronger but I cheated on the rest periods sometimes because they were so long. I'm impressed with your mobility work too. It's so important and I definitely neglect it.

Wendy - the implants and extractions were big oral surgeries but DH only used local anesthesia - it would have been more expensive with general (I would have had to had general). And, of course, root canals are expensive and everything requires a crown at the end. He has had so many appointments between the endodontist, oral surgeon, and dentist. He still has to wrap things up next year but hopefully the worst is over (the implants are like a 10 month process). I found the same thing with the Tiff/Dan workout - I was working hard like a cardio workout!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-22, 05:46 PM  
gigi

Erica, the mobility work is helping me so much!

No workout today. I have only been in school for 2 days this week, but it has been the longest week ever. Looking back at my excel spreadsheet, I've exercised 7 out of 9 days this month. I made this mistake of sitting down on the couch to pick out a cardio workout. I was hoping I would like the looks of Cathe's Live workout today but bleh.
Old 11-10-22, 08:28 PM  
wendug

Angela- No official workout for me today, either. I did a bunch of yard and house stuff to prep for the cold weather and then walked a client's dogs this evening. I'm quite tired tonight. I'm going to watch a bit of The Crown on Netflix and relax.

Hi Erica! I hope you had a great day!
Old 11-11-22, 10:34 AM  
Erica H.

We're getting remnants from Hurricane Nicole so lots of rain today. I did IRON Series 30 Min Upper Body Chest and Back Workout | 22 and added Caroline's 5 Min DUMBBELL ARMS & SHOULDER WORKOUT at Home | No Repeat.

Lots of new upper body workouts posted that I want to try - Chris Pesci (that one is an hour, though), Daniel PT, and Sydney Cummings (I can't remember her new married name).

Angela - glad the mobility work is helpful! Hope you get a chance to recover this weekend from another stressful week.

Wendy - our warm weather is over now too. It was so nice while it lasted!

Erica
Old 11-11-22, 06:28 PM  
wendug

Erica- I noticed lots of new upper body workouts on YT today, too. It's nice to have so many options! I did upper body today, but wanted some cardio thrown in, too, so I did DC Fitt- HIIT Upper body Strength & Cardio. I can't go as heavy with these workouts due to the cardio, but still got a great workout.

Angela- Sometimes when we allow ourselves to stop and sit the motivation to workout gets away from us. But that's okay...there's always tomorrow. Who is your favorite mobility instructor on YT? I discovered Julia Reppel recently, but it is always nice to have several instructors to choose from.

I received a sympathy card in the mail recently from a friend from Middle and High school who I haven't heard from in YEARS. Since I'm not on Facebook or any social media I haven't kept up with many people. I don't live near my hometown, either, so my knowledge of what has happened to people from my past is very limited. It was so nice to hear from her. We met in homeroom in 7th grade and bonded over our love of Duran Duran. Lol!
Old 11-12-22, 04:20 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, that was so nice of your old friend to reach out to you! What a wonderful and touching surprise that must have been.

Today I did BRUTAL LEG DAY - Dumbbell Leg Workout | Tempo Week Day 2. I skipped the calf work and added on part of Tiff and Dan 20 MIN LOWER BODY WORKOUT NO EQUIPMENT but added light weights. I didn't find Caroline's workout to be brutal actually - maybe I need better range of motion. The Tiff/Dan workout was hard though. I really like their lower body workouts.

Figured out dinners for the 9 days I'll have kids home for Thanksgiving week. They will be staggered with some leaving/arriving at different times. And I'm not exactly sure who will be here when yet other than my daughter, who is flying home. It's all so complicated (different diets and preferences) and took up a ton of my limited brain energy. Next I have to make a shopping list. I've gotten so spoiled with just me and DH at home. Meals are super easy and relaxed. Plus I get stressed about freezer space - we don't have an extra freezer and I never have enough room when everyone is home.

Hi Angela!

We're supposed to get snow tonight.

Erica
Old 11-12-22, 06:45 PM  
wendug

Erica- It's funny how some workouts labeled "brutal" in fact are not brutal and others that seem easy while previewing are not. I guess it keeps things interesting! And yes it was wonderful hearing from an old friend. My married name and city was posted in my brother's obituary and she was able to look up my address to send a card. We've already emailed each other to catch up.

That's sounds like a lot of work planning for your kids meals for Thanksgiving. Whatever you make I'm sure they will be grateful. And we don't have an extra freezer, either, so planning is essential with cooking.

I've had the WORST PMS today. I didn't feel like working out because of it, but I know working out is the best thing to feel better. I did the Lean workout from KCM's Strong & Lean. It was rough at the start but I do indeed feel better after the workout.

No snow for us yet, but I did see a whisper of flurries today that disappeared before hitting the ground. It is that time of year...I better pull our shovels out of the shed and place them outside the back door.

Hi Angela!

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts