Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

Happy Friday!

Erica- Yes, hormones are very powerful. I'm so ready to be done with my periods. They have been irregular this past year and I hope it is because they are winding down. I can go 9 weeks before a period, then my next one comes 3 weeks later. It sucks!

Angela- I hope you're able to get some rest over the weekend as I know you've had a busy week!

Today I tried Chris & Edi's 40 Minute Upper Body Build Workout. I wasn't crazy about the ab section, otherwise I liked it. I ended up subbing other ab moves in the second round. I basically grabbed poundage in between Chris & Edi and I was challenged. The alternating lateral raise holds were intense! You could see they were both struggling and I had to go lighter than expected on this move. I have to mention their dog Arnold is very cute, too!
Old 10-21-22, 07:04 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, that does stink about the irregular periods. I hear that happens a lot with women at the end and it's really unpleasant. The Chris and Edi workout looks good. They have so many upper body workouts I want to try but not many lower body because they seem to do a lot of floorwork.

Today was Daniel's Lunge Marathon again along with the 15 minute workout I added on the other day. Great workouts.

My son and his gf are already gone. It was nice seeing them but wish they had stayed longer.

Angela - hope you get some rest this weekend and that things settle down for you a bit.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-22, 06:12 PM  
wendug

Erica- Sorry you son & his gf didn't stay longer. But I bet it was nice to see them.

With the weather so nice today and knowing winter is around the corner, I decided to take the dogs on a couple of walks today and work in the yard. I have to take advantage of the nice weather while it is here!

I also ordered some new winter booties today. My current pair has come apart at the seams and they are no longer waterproof.
Old 10-23-22, 05:11 PM  
wendug

Today was another gorgeous day! I did a bit of yard work, but also fit in a workout. Today I did DC Fitt- 40 Minute No Jumping, All Standing, Full Body Strength & Cardio. I really enjoyed this workout. No rest in the supersets, and no getting up and down on the floor (I didn't want that after the yard work earlier today. )

Erica & Angela- I hope you both had a wonderful weekend!
Old 10-23-22, 05:34 PM  
gigi

I don't know what got into me but I did Fuel Day 1 today. It was killer. My plan:
M: Fuel Day 2
T: Fuel Day 3
W: Full Rest or Mobility
Th: Fuel Day 4
F: Crash per usual
S: Fuel Day 5
Su:We'll see if I made it through week 1 and/or if I care to start week 2

No late work night this week. I plan to set my phone alarm for 3:40 so I can pack up and be in my car at 3:45 on the dot. Traffic is not as bad and if I get right to my workout, I have more time to relax, read, and pray.

I hope you both have a fantastic week!
Old 10-23-22, 07:12 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - excellent choice to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather before winter hits! I think this is the nicest fall we've ever had.

Angela - great news about no late nights this week. I liked a lot of the Fuel workouts and should get back to some of them. It will be fun reading your thoughts as you get through them.

Rough rough weekend but kept up with workouts. Today was LEGENDARY Leg Workout / No Frills Leg Day | EPIC II - Day 48. I really like this one. Yesterday was 45 Min Upper Body Workout / Dumbbells & Bodyweight | EPIC II - DAY 3. I like this one a lot too but feel like it would be better with less shoulder work and a little more bicep/tricep work. But definitely a good solid upper body workout. Tomorrow I'm doing a new upper body workout that Daniel PT posted last week.

Erica
Old 10-24-22, 04:51 PM  
gigi

Dare I say that I'm loving Fuel? I know, I'm only two days in. I was able to do the sprawls at the end of Fuel Day 2....WHAT????? I left work at 3:50, was home before 5...workout complete at 5:45.

I did this Perfect 3 Minute WU by Ty. I felt perfectly warmed up in only 3 minutes.
Old 10-24-22, 05:11 PM  
wendug

Angela- Glad you're loving FUEL! And nice find with a 3-minute warm up!

Erica- Sorry you had a rough weekend. Here's hoping you have a much easier week!

Today's workout- KCM- Coffeyfit RAW Box & Tone. Kelly doesn't have many RAW workout on YT anymore, but this one is good and quick! Also I did Julie Reppel- 8 minute Running Cool Down Deep Stretch. I needed this stretch as I was a bit sore today after the yardwork and workout from yesterday. It is basically a very nice lower body stretch.
Old 10-24-22, 05:26 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - glad you got home early and that you're loving Fuel! Sprawls? I always sub something different when those appear.

Wendy - I use KCM's RAW boxing workout a lot (the one she does with her brother) with my heavy bag. I remember liking a few others on her YT channel as well. Thanks for the good wishes. I'm still recovering from my concussion and have had a rough time lately with mental fatigue. I've needed to use my brain a lot more than usual the past few days and it's wiping me out and it's really depressing how little I can handle. I don't know how I'm going to manage the next couple of months with the holidays and all the stress and people that come with that. Thank goodness DH is supporting and (mostly) patient with me. I'm very difficult to live with now.

Today I did Daniel PT's 40 min UPPER BODY DROP SET Dumbbell Workout (Chest, Back, Shoulder, Biceps, Triceps + ABS). I did a few modifications (subbed back work in the first round for abs and then bicep/tricep work in the second round for abs plus a few other things) and liked it a lot.

Erica
Old 10-25-22, 05:25 PM  
gigi

Now Erica, I didn't say I love sprawls but I was able to do them...LOL

Fuel Day 3 done. My glutes are talking to me already. I hope I can walk tomorrow. I mean, she really knows how to isolate that area like no other instructor. It's ridiculous!!!!

I feel my triceps from yesterday. I really can't believe CG charges nothing. These are well designed, thought out programs. I think Iron was not sitting well with me because the first time I almost finished with it, I had that car accident. The second time I almost finished it, my mom passed away. Actually, I think the very first time I started Iron, I may have gotten sick. I'm sure I will give it a go again one day. Maybe the hot pink and the variety of Fuel is what I need. I never intended to even try Fuel.

I left on time again today.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts