Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-22, 09:43 AM  
Erica H.

Angela - hope your test is going well or went well!

Wendy - I'm glad you got through the weekend okay and that you got to see a lot of family while you were there. It's kind of sad in a way that it takes such a sad event to get family together but it seems that's the way it goes much of the time. Your poor mom. When I travel I totally lose control and eat so many carbs - lots of bagels, biscuits, and pizza. I'm like a squishy pile of dough after every trip.

I did 40 MIN UPPER BODY WORKOUT with DUMBBELLS (Strength + Muscle Building) - my first workout from a new to me youtube channel, Chris and Edi. I loved it and want to check out their other workouts. While I looked around a bit, I realized Chris is actually Chris Pesci.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-22, 05:09 PM  
gigi

Hey Erica and Wendy! I did not score as high as I wanted to, but I think with everything else required - references, transcripts, my personal statement, etc., that I will be accepted. If not, it will be my sign to get a teaching job closer to home next year.

So I started the day with that test and ended the day with a mad parent that took me by surprise. I did a really fun workout though to let the stress go. I realize that I can handle CDorner Fitness for cardio. The excessive talking during her "strength" classes are what I absolutely cannot take. She has a gift for creating cardio workouts that go with the music. Her Crazy Fun Tabata Step Old School Hip Hop was a blast!

Tomorrow I plan on doing Iron Day 5 and week 1 will be completed. Thursday I will get home late so there will be no workout. On Friday, I crash. I will start Iron Week 2 on Saturday if all goes as planned.
Old 10-18-22, 06:20 PM  
wendug

Erica- Thanks for the info on the 35 pound dumbbell. I'm going to pass for now since we spent so much on our fence. And the holidays are coming up. And I have zero space to put it right now. I need to re-evaluate my dumbbell storage.

Yes, travel eating suck, at least while driving. I enjoy flying to places and eating out at unique restaurants. But with driving you have so few options.

I've noticed that Chris Pesci had added a partner to his workouts and wondered if it was an occasional thing, but since he's changed the name of his channel, it looks like it will be ongoing. Glad you liked their workout- another instructor to try! I love all the variety of workouts/instructors on YT!

Today's workout- It was actually 2 of Lift w/Cee's new workouts. She's now doing 20 minute weight workouts for those short on time. I did the first two in the series. I enjoy Cee's demeanor and love that she doesn't go by a timer, she goes by number of reps. I lifted heavier than she does, but I know she's going lighter than in her other workouts.
Old 10-18-22, 06:29 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Hey Erica and Wendy! I did not score as high as I wanted to, but I think with everything else required - references, transcripts, my personal statement, etc., that I will be accepted. If not, it will be my sign to get a teaching job closer to home next year.

So I started the day with that test and ended the day with a mad parent that took me by surprise. I did a really fun workout though to let the stress go. I realize that I can handle CDorner Fitness for cardio. The excessive talking during her "strength" classes are what I absolutely cannot take. She has a gift for creating cardio workouts that go with the music. Her Crazy Fun Tabata Step Old School Hip Hop was a blast!

Tomorrow I plan on doing Iron Day 5 and week 1 will be completed. Thursday I will get home late so there will be no workout. On Friday, I crash. I will start Iron Week 2 on Saturday if all goes as planned.
Good luck with getting into the graduate program! And that is awful that you dealt with an angry parent. All the angry parents I dealt with working in administration boiled down to one thing- they just wanted someone to listen to them. I hope you didn't let it stress you out too much, but it sounds like your cardio session helped deal with that.
Old 10-19-22, 09:17 AM  
Erica H.

Probably my last check-in for a few days. My oldest son and his gf are stopping by tomorrow on their way to a big Halloween party with college friends and leaving on Friday. Looking forward to seeing them but wish they were staying longer - they aren't here to visit, just using us as a free hotel with food. And they are arriving way past my bedtime so that's going to be tough for me.

I did NOTORIOUS No Repeat Squat Workout - LEG DAY | EPIC III Day 27 again today. We got snow last night and it looks strange with the fall foliage. We're lucky that we didn't lose power with the snow on the trees with the leaves still on them. Many people did.

Angela - dealing with parents must be so difficult at times. I hear a lot of horror stories from teachers, coaches, tutors, etc. I am tempted to do Iron again seeing your workouts but want to try more Daniel and Chris Pesci workouts! Too many choices but it's a nice problem to have. What's nice about doing something like Iron is that you don't have to think about the next workout since the whole rotation is there for you. I get kind of stressed sometimes planning my workouts with so many to choose from. Glad the CDorner workout was fun for you!

Wendy - I have no space for more dumbbells either. My fitness stuff is all over the house and I wish I had a workout room. All of my dumbbells are in our family room, which is convenient but not ideal when people are over. It looks weird and it's awkward/inconvenient if I want to workout when we have people here. And I definitely understand about the extra cost, too. I was really confused about the name of Chris Pesci's youtube channel and thought he must have two. I kept searching and only came up with the one so I guess he changed it. He has a lot of upper body workouts that look good to me but I didn't see much for lower.

Erica
Old 10-19-22, 04:32 PM  
gigi

I may abandon CG again. I just don't have the energy to workout today. I've been sad today and just feel extremely tired. I have to work until 6 tomorrow and have a meeting at 5:20. I will do Day 5 by Saturday to finish week 1. Once I start grad school, I may have to do Lift with Cee's 20 minute program. I just can't seem to stick with anything right now.
Old 10-19-22, 06:17 PM  
wendug

No workout for me today. My body was just tired, so I decided to take a rest day.

Erica- Have fun with your son and his GF this weekend! So he's going to a party with college friends, but I'm sure you'll get to spend some time with him, too! This past weekend my dh was showing my mom's friend a video of our cat in the living room and my weights were in the background of the video. She commented on them and asked if they were my weights. My dh commented, "what, they can't be my weights?" LOL. I guess I my arms give away that I'm the one lifting weights!

Angela- If you're really busy, then Lift w/Cee's 20 minute workouts are for you. The two I've done were solid workouts, although short. You can always fit in a CG workout on days you have more time. That's why I have a hard time with rotations. Some days I want short and easy and other days I have the energy to do something quite tough. Depends on the day!
Old 10-20-22, 09:19 AM  
Erica H.

I did the same Chris Pesci upper body workout that I did a few days ago.

Angela, I'm sorry you're having a rough time. You've been so busy and are still grieving. That's a lot on your body and mind.

Wendy - hope you feel better today after your rest day. I really won't see ds and his gf much. They are arriving late tonight, working remotely tomorrow from here, and then leaving late afternoon. They really are just stopping by because we're on the way and free lodging. But it will be nice to see them.

Erica
Old 10-20-22, 05:11 PM  
wendug

Today is a cardio day. I feel bloated and gross (TTOM and why I was so tired yesterday!) so I pulled out my Firm DVD Cardio Overdrive. This is a mainly cardio workout, but since it is the Firm there are a couple of short light compound weight sections. Overall a good workout, but I HATE the cooldown, so I did my own.

Erica- I'll have to try that Chris Pesci arm workout since you've done it twice in a short span of time. It must be good!

Angela- I wanted to add that Lift w/Cee is good, but she does way more upper body than lower body. When I did her 40-4-40 plan at the beginning of the year, I had to add on some quick lower body workouts from other instructors as she focused so much on upper body. Maybe her 20 minute series will be different, but I doubt it.
Old 10-20-22, 05:34 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, hormones are so powerful! My cycles have been gone for a long time but I remember how exhausted I'd be during that time. And emotional. Sometimes I like to repeat a new workout shortly after trying it the first time while it's still fresh in my mind so I can make changes in weights or whatever that I wish I had done the first time. So, for example, today with the Chris Pesci workout, I used better form on some new moves to me and also increased my weights a bit now that I was more comfortable with the workout. I'm going to do Daniel's lunge marathon again next even though I don't think I'd change anything with that workout. Might have to take a rest day tomorrow with ds/gf coming in so late tonight.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts