Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-22-22, 06:41 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I am absolutely LOVING him right now. I need simple, straight forward workouts! What a great deal for a 30lb. DB. I was to the point where I needed to get 35's and 40's but 30's are enough for now. I do have a 45lb. KB I use for some lower body strength.
Yes, I love his straight forward style. I could use some heavier weights, too, but I don't know where I'm going to store them. 35 is the heaviest I have, and it is a big bulky adjustable dumbbell with plastic covered plates. But it works for now until I can replace it.
Old 09-22-22, 06:47 PM  
wendug

Quote:
I did a 5 Minute Dynamic WU followed by Daniel's 40 Minute Full Body DB Workout then a Relaxing 7 Minute Stretch. The stretch was so simple and relaxing. All is right in my workout world.

I'm having pain in my right breast where that knot is from the accident. And my right leg on the inside knee/back hurts when I do certain moves (no pigeon stretch, no kickbacks). My left arm hurts from the vaccine. I just feel like I'm fighting a lot more this year when it comes to my body. BUT, I will not stop moving.
Just listen to your body and avoid/take it easy on moves that bother you. I'm still not doing much high impact as my ankle sometimes bothers me. I wore a pair of shoes to walk the dogs the other day that I had not worn in a while. I noticed that my ankle was really bothering me while wearing them. I think it is the shoes. Once they lose their support they really should be trashed. It is sad because they really don't look too bad.
Old 09-22-22, 06:53 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:

I'm having pain in my right breast where that knot is from the accident. And my right leg on the inside knee/back hurts when I do certain moves (no pigeon stretch, no kickbacks). My left arm hurts from the vaccine. I just feel like I'm fighting a lot more this year when it comes to my body. BUT, I will not stop moving.
Glad you got a workout in and it was with Daniel! Boy, can I relate to the body issues. In addition to my surgery and concussion, I have all kinds of aches and pains from working out. I overdid it trying to get back to running (SO SO stupid) and injured myself pretty badly. I also started having back pain that I suspect was overuse from doing too many assisted pullups. The running injury put me way way back from where I started from and I'm just really careful with my back now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Yes, I love his straight forward style. I could use some heavier weights, too, but I don't know where I'm going to store them. 35 is the heaviest I have, and it is a big bulky adjustable dumbbell with plastic covered plates. But it works for now until I can replace it.
I have some of DH's adjustable dumbbells from probably 40 years ago! They aren't ideal but good enough. I think it's funny that I use them - I'm sure he never imagined when he was a teen that his 55 year old wife would be using them someday.

Today I did Kaliegh's new 25 minute 💪 Upper Body Workout with Dumbbells, which was just chest/back plus Caroline's 15 Min DUMBBELL ARMS & SHOULDER WORKOUT at Home | No Repeat. Good workout but I have a hard time figuring out the right weights with Kaliegh's workouts. Next time I need to go heavier on most of the exercises.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-22, 06:56 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Once they lose their support they really should be trashed. It is sad because they really don't look too bad.
Yes, yes, yes to this. Good shoes/support are so important. I blame my shoes on the foot injury that caused me to need this awful surgery. I switched from really good shoes to cheaper ones and I think that was a big mistake. Maybe it was inevitable and it would have happened eventually but I got injured right after I switched. I remember when I ran all the time I could definitely tell when it was time to switch shoes because I'd start having lots of aches and pains in my lower legs. But they would look brand new if you didn't look at the soles.

Erica
Old 09-22-22, 07:30 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Yes, yes, yes to this. Good shoes/support are so important. I blame my shoes on the foot injury that caused me to need this awful surgery. I switched from really good shoes to cheaper ones and I think that was a big mistake. Maybe it was inevitable and it would have happened eventually but I got injured right after I switched. I remember when I ran all the time I could definitely tell when it was time to switch shoes because I'd start having lots of aches and pains in my lower legs. But they would look brand new if you didn't look at the soles.

Erica
I'm so sorry that bad/worn shoes caused your foot injury. I know better than to continue using overly worn shoes. I used to manage a shoe store back when I lived in Dallas in my 20s. I know more than most about shoes and the importance of GOOD shoes. Not all expensive shoes are good and not all cheap shoes are bad. I like to go thrifting and have no problem buying second hand clothing, but I WILL NOT buy second hand shoes. Used shoes might look okay, but you don't know what kind of wear pattern the previous owner put on those shoes.
Old 09-24-22, 03:26 PM  
wendug

I've had a rough couple of days. I've cried a deep, ugly, extended cry for my oldest brother. He's been sick the last few years, but his health has been especially bad the last couple of months. He passed away today at the age of 55. I'm so sad that he was taken so young, but I'm especially sad for my parents who have been helping him the past few months. My brother is divorced and never had children so my parents have been his rock.

I've been too mentally exhausted to do a workout and don't know when I'll be back to working out as I'll be traveling out of state to see my family. I'm still in shock as we thought his health was getting better then it took a hard turn quickly. It is so sad.
Old 09-24-22, 03:55 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I'm so so very sorry about your brother. Sending you big hugs and thinking of you and your family.

Erica
Old 09-25-22, 12:54 PM  
gigi

Oh Wendy, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.
Old 09-25-22, 07:02 PM  
gigi

I did Cathe Lie #377 Total Body Circuit. I just matched Cathe on weights. It was cardiovascular and I found the core/gliding disc work to be challenging. She worked through 7 rounds of lower, upper, and core. I enjoyed this format quite a bit.

Wendy, I continue to hold you and your family in my prayers.

Erica, my left leg is feeling better so is my right breast but that lump is still there. I randomly take the prescribed anti-inflamatory and sometime tylenol. I find myself holding the seat belt away from it. I guess I didn't notice it as much this summer because I didn't have long commutes. I can't believe another week is starting. Sometimes I just want to run away. I slept a lot this weekend. I think it is my way of shutting out the world and just recovering.

BUT, I did get my workout room cleaned and I cleaned my refirgerator. Two BIG tasks that have been looming over my head for months.
Old 09-25-22, 07:13 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I've been thinking of you all day. Today is 11 years since DH's sister died after a very long battle with cancer.

Angela - you are so busy with work and still grieving for your mom. Sleep is probably what your body needs right now. Glad you are able to rest on the weekends since I'm sure you need a lot of emotional and physical energy on the job.

Today I did Tiff and Dan's 30 Min Home Leg Workout with Dumbbells (Quads, Glutes + Hamstrings) plus part of 20 MIN LEG WORKOUT | LEG DAY WORKOUT | LEG DUMBBELL WORKOUT

I'm going through a lot of emotional and physical stuff. Seems like so many of us are struggling.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts