Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-22, 05:30 PM  
gigi

It will slow down one day. I just keep pluggin' away. Tonight I did CDornerFitness 30 Minute Kickboxing Workout. It was a perfect little sweat fest. I think I was working my body too hard before my mom died and it was actually causing me more stress. The shorter workouts and me making a weekly plan seems to be working for me right now. I feel like I'm working really hard in that 30 or 40 minutes as opposed to "going through the motions" of a longer workout. I'm learning listne and figure out what I need instread of always pushing myself to do something because I feel like I "have" to. The tunes were great in this one. I also followed up with a pretty fantastice 15 Minute Lower Body Stretch.
Old 09-12-22, 05:57 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- That's awesome that you use Kayleigh's spin workouts, too. He has psoriatic arthritis and he often has joint pain in his knees. His rheumatologist retired abruptly and didn't give him a referral so he had to find a new rheumatologist and has had to wait months to see her. I think he's going next week. Anyway, he has been without his medication and in a lot of pain lately.
I love her spin workouts. They are excellent - tough and she's very strict about form. She's a lot goofier in some of her spin workouts, which was endearing at first but now I think it's almost become an act for her at times as she's become much more popular. I'm so sorry about your DH's pain and hope the new doctor can help. That's horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
Tonight I did CDornerFitness 30 Minute Kickboxing Workout. It was a perfect little sweat fest. I think I was working my body too hard before my mom died and it was actually causing me more stress. The shorter workouts and me making a weekly plan seems to be working for me right now. I feel like I'm working really hard in that 30 or 40 minutes as opposed to "going through the motions" of a longer workout. I'm learning listne and figure out what I need instread of always pushing myself to do something because I feel like I "have" to. The tunes were great in this one. I also followed up with a pretty fantastice 15 Minute Lower Body Stretch.
I'm glad you are finding the balance that works best for you. That is so important! I tend to exercise way too much and then get compulsive about it, which is not good. I don't work so I have the time but I should/could be using the time for other things and then I get too stressed if anything interferes with the huge block of time I have set aside for my workouts. I've done a few of CDorner's workouts and liked them. She talks a lot though!

Today was MAXIMAL Chest and Tricep Workout - Upper Body | EPIC Heat - Day 42 plus Caroline's 20 Min INTENSE DUMBBELL SHOULDER WORKOUT at Home | Supersets

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-22, 05:35 PM  
wendug

Angela- Sometimes a 30 minute workout is what is best for your body. You're right, too much exercise along with other stress can be harmful. Listen to your body and do what is right for you.

Erica- Oh my- 2 CG workouts in a row. You are TOUGH!!!

Today was a KCM day- I did the Cardio workout from Cardio Pump. I think this my favorite KCM workout; I love it and have done it so many times. I added on the Boxing Premix from Trim Down which is about 30 minutes.
Old 09-13-22, 06:04 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:

Erica- Oh my- 2 CG workouts in a row. You are TOUGH!!!

Today was a KCM day- I did the Cardio workout from Cardio Pump. I think this my favorite KCM workout; I love it and have done it so many times. I added on the Boxing Premix from Trim Down which is about 30 minutes.
The Epic Heat workout was only 30 minutes so that's why I added on the short shoulder workout.

I haven't used a DVD in so long! I remember liking that one a lot but don't remember much about it. I loved TLC and did that one frequently.

Today was BEASTMODE LOWER BODY WORKOUT - Legs, Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes | Day 7. This one was tough for me. Very heavy weights and then Caroline dropped to bodyweight for quite a few exercises - whew!

Erica
Old 09-14-22, 06:05 PM  
gigi

Erica, if I attempted two CG workouts in a row, I'd die.

Wendy, yardwork is a tough workout.

I did not workout yesterday. I really had to put my mind to it today. I ended up doing CG Iron Series Full Body DB Circuits. I did the WU she linked in the description. I only used 20's for RDL's, Chest Press, and squats(I did normal squats) and 15's for everything else. It was perfectly challenging and I didn't have to take extra breaks. For the finisher I used 12's but did not get nearly as many man makers done as CG. For the last set of lunges in the finisher, I dropped to no weights. She does a nice long stretch at the end of this one. I may try to do each full body workout from Iron Series once if not twice a week. If I go back to do Iron Series, I will not push myself quite as hard.

I am busy, literally every minute of the day right now. I cannot explain how much work there is in a day. Part of me loves it but sometimes it's just too much. I'm looking forward to when I don't have to work most of the weekend.
Old 09-14-22, 07:22 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
. I may try to do each full body workout from Iron Series once if not twice a week. If I go back to do Iron Series, I will not push myself quite as hard.

I am busy, literally every minute of the day right now. I cannot explain how much work there is in a day. Part of me loves it but sometimes it's just too much. I'm looking forward to when I don't have to work most of the weekend.
Sounds like a good plan!

I could not handle being that busy and am in awe of you that you can! I always got overwhelmed easily and since my concussion I can't handle any stress at all. I get anxious over nothing and have complete meltdowns if too much is happening at once.

Today I did Epic Day 16 back/biceps. I love this workout. I need heavier dumbbells for the bigger muscle groups but they are so expensive! I'm adding wrist weights for some chest/back work but would really like a bigger jump. I'll just have to make do with what I have because I can't justify the expense of buying heavier.

Hi Wendy!

Erica
Old 09-14-22, 07:58 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Today I did Epic Day 16 back/biceps. I love this workout. I need heavier dumbbells for the bigger muscle groups but they are so expensive! I'm adding wrist weights for some chest/back work but would really like a bigger jump. I'll just have to make do with what I have because I can't justify the expense of buying heavier.

Erica
I'll have to try this workout. I usually end up doing upper body workouts that focus on shoulders, chest, & triceps so I think my back & biceps are neglected. I also need heavier weights, too. They are very expensive so that is why I haven't bought them. Adding wrist/ankle weights does help add poundage, but heavier dumbbells would be more ideal.

Angela- I don't think I could ever do a CG program as written. Definitely too much weight work for me and I would feel overworked. I'm better with every other day weight work. Maybe when I was younger I could do her rotations, but not now.

Today was another yardwork day. I trimmed up a couple of regular sized shrubs and then tackled a 10 foot evergreen. That was hard work. I couldn't do the very top even with a ladder, but I was mainly concerned with trimming it so the fence company can install the new fence. I had evergreen needles in my shirt/pants/bra...basically everywhere. Gross.
Old 09-15-22, 12:24 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
I'll have to try this workout. I usually end up doing upper body workouts that focus on shoulders, chest, & triceps so I think my back & biceps are neglected. I also need heavier weights, too. They are very expensive so that is why I haven't bought them. Adding wrist/ankle weights does help add poundage, but heavier dumbbells would be more ideal.

Angela- I don't think I could ever do a CG program as written. Definitely too much weight work for me and I would feel overworked. I'm better with every other day weight work. Maybe when I was younger I could do her rotations, but not now.

Today was another yardwork day. I trimmed up a couple of regular sized shrubs and then tackled a 10 foot evergreen. That was hard work. I couldn't do the very top even with a ladder, but I was mainly concerned with trimming it so the fence company can install the new fence. I had evergreen needles in my shirt/pants/bra...basically everywhere. Gross.
It's a great workout! You definitely need to balance your weight workout between push and pull upper body. I assume the yard work is a lot of pull though so at least you have that. So funny (for me) about the evergreen needles everywhere! I'm really impressed with how much you are getting done outdoors. Such a great workout and you are doing something productive at the same time! Great job.

I don't do CG's rotations as she posts them. I like to mix and match and almost never do total body and don't like her most of her cardio. I do miss some of my Cathe workouts but am too lazy to do DVDs now that I've been doing YT workouts for so long.

Erica
Old 09-15-22, 06:48 PM  
wendug

Today I walked my dogs in the AM, a client's dog this afternoon, and although I was hot & sweaty from my afternoon walk I managed to fit in a quick workout. I did K. Cohen Strength- 20 minute pull workout. I definitely felt worked and those tri-sets are tough. I need to be sure to fit in more pull workouts in the future.
Old 09-15-22, 06:59 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Today I walked my dogs in the AM, a client's dog this afternoon, and although I was hot & sweaty from my afternoon walk I managed to fit in a quick workout. I did K. Cohen Strength- 20 minute pull workout. I definitely felt worked and those tri-sets are tough. I need to be sure to fit in more pull workouts in the future.
That pull workout looks good. I should do more of Kaleigh's strength workouts. I like her so much. Your dog workouts sound like fun.

Today I did FUEL Series 30 Min SUPERSET QUADS Workout - Dumbbells | Day 16 but did some modifying since I'm not doing burpees and I can't do step ups right now since I hurt myself overdoing it when I tried getting back to running. I also did 15 minutes of Kaleigh's Leg Workout with Dumbbells | 25 minute from her Revive series.

ETA - I was looking at some of Kaleigh's strength workouts and remembered why I don't do many of them. She frequently starts with the small muscle groups and moves to the larger ones last and I don't like training that way.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts