Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-22, 07:18 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - congratulations on your sale! I'd love to see your work if you have a link you're comfortable sharing either here or by pm. The workout you did is listed as one of my (many) favorites and I looked and see it's in my very long planned rotation. Of course, now I want to do it sooner since you mentioned it.

Today was DROP SET DESTROYER Leg Workout - Dumbbells | EPIC III Day 43. I really like this one.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-22, 08:54 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy - congratulations on your sale! I'd love to see your work if you have a link you're comfortable sharing either here or by pm. The workout you did is listed as one of my (many) favorites and I looked and see it's in my very long planned rotation. Of course, now I want to do it sooner since you mentioned it.

Today was DROP SET DESTROYER Leg Workout - Dumbbells | EPIC III Day 43. I really like this one.

Erica
I previewed the Drop Set Destroyer workout the other day. I've saved it to give it a go on one of my next leg days. I'm all over the map with CG's workouts. I don't stick to one series- I just try to get in upper body/lower body mixed in with some cardio. I've found doing too many days a week of lifting heavy is too much for my body to handle. I like working out this way as I can change things up depending on how I'm feeling.

Here is a link to my Etsy shop. I have been doing so much house/yard stuff lately that I haven't been working on mosaics. I have some ideas for projects floating around in my head but I need to go on a supply run to be able to start them.
Old 09-10-22, 01:03 AM  
Erica H.

Wendy - your mosaics are absolutely gorgeous! Wow, I am blown away. You are so creative and talented. Thank you for sharing the link.

I'm all over with workouts too and am not sticking to one series. I use mostly Caroline's workouts now but also mix in Tiff and Dan's, Kaleigh Cohen, and DanielPT. I really like split workouts and never do total body so I never follow a set rotation and just do my own thing but like to plan pretty far ahead and I'm flexible and will add new things in if something interesting comes up.

Erica
Old 09-10-22, 05:26 PM  
wendug

Erica- Thank you for your kind words about my mosaics. I'll never get rich selling them, but I'm happy to share my creative outlet with others who like them.

OMG! I am SO SORE from yesterday's CG workout. My poor triceps! Today I did DC Fitt- Bodyweight Blow-Out. Low impact moves, but I still worked up a sweat. And it helped with my soreness. Had a LONG stretch after the workout.
Old 09-10-22, 06:08 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- Thank you for your kind words about my mosaics. I'll never get rich selling them, but I'm happy to share my creative outlet with others who like them.

OMG! I am SO SORE from yesterday's CG workout. My poor triceps! Today I did DC Fitt- Bodyweight Blow-Out. Low impact moves, but I still worked up a sweat. And it helped with my soreness. Had a LONG stretch after the workout.
I am not creative at all so I am always so impressed with others' creativity and talent! One of my closest friends ( I actually met her on VF - she lives 15 minutes away) was a math professor and she absolutely needs to be creative and has such an eye for colors. When I met her she was really into beading and now she makes beautiful quilts. She loves to decorate and her home and office (she is now dean) are so beautiful and unique with her colors and decorations. I'm just in awe of her in every way.

Funny that you're so sore! Now I want to do that CG workout sooner! The DC Fitt workout looks good.

Today I did Kaleigh Cohen's 25 minute Chest & Back Dumbbell Workout and 20 minute STRONG ARMS & SHOULDERS home workout with DUMBBELLS. Both good workouts but I struggled with the right weights to use. I always use Caroline as a guide and that is usually pretty close to being right for me but I don't feel like I chose the right weights today.

Hi to Angela.

Erica
Old 09-11-22, 07:34 PM  
gigi

Wendy! Your mosaics are beautiful!

No workout Friday or Satruday. I ran errands most of the day on Saturday and worked a few hours in the evening. I worked all day today but I did sleep in until almost 9. I just finished working out and it's 8:30 p.m. I did Die Hard Full Body Workout. It was so challenging and the perfect length. I did substitute a few moves. It was an excellent workout for 30 minutes. I did have to take afew extra breaks to catch my breath. I followed it up with STS Total Body Stretch which I do not recommend. There were way to many stretches that used the arms to hold me up and not enough arm stretching. I did a few stretches on my own. I have a plan to workout M - Th. We'll see if I can stick to it. Crazy busy weeks ahead. I should slow down some in October. I'm tired of working my weekends away. I hope you both have a great week!
Old 09-11-22, 07:44 PM  
Erica H.

Angela - that Daniel PT workout looks fantastic. Good luck with your busy weeks ahead and I hope that things slow down for you soon. I don't do well with a lot of stress like that. This is a quiet time for me and I'm trying to savor it.

Today was UNLEASHED Unilateral Lower Body Workout | EPIC III Day 37 up until the floorwork and then I did about half of Kaleigh Cohen's 25 minute Lower Body Workout with Dumbbells. Tough brain day for me. I think I mentioned here before that I'm struggling with post-concussive syndrome. Anyway, had too much brain activity today and ended up with a complete meltdown at the end of the day. Poor DH - he's been a saint through all of this and so patient. Hoping to get some sleep and start fresh tomorrow.

Hi to Wendy.

Erica
Old 09-11-22, 09:56 PM  
wendug

Angela- Thank you! That Daniel PT workout does look good. I've previewed several of his workouts recently and added a few to my exercise list. Sorry to hear you are working so much over the weekends. Hopefully it will slow down for you soon.

Erica- Your mentioning Kayleigh Cohen makes me want to do one of her workouts. I remember really liking her Squat Party workout and could use a nice leg day workout. That must be horrible dealing with post-concussive syndrome. So glad to hear your dh is so supportive!

I only did yardwork today. I filled up my 2 yard bins for pickup tomorrow so I'm happy with what I accomplished.
Old 09-12-22, 01:59 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- Your mentioning Kayleigh Cohen makes me want to do one of her workouts. I remember really liking her Squat Party workout and could use a nice leg day workout. That must be horrible dealing with post-concussive syndrome. So glad to hear your dh is so supportive!

I only did yardwork today. I filled up my 2 yard bins for pickup tomorrow so I'm happy with what I accomplished.
Her Squat Party workout is good! I use her spin workouts almost all the time and also like her strength workouts. She talks a lot during the strength workouts (big difference after using Caroline for so long, plus Daniel and Tiff/Dan are silent) but it doesn't bother me since she gives a lot of form pointers and is talking about the exercises and not silly stuff. I like that she uses good form too. I did a lot of Sydney Cummings before and I think she's sweet but her form was awful sometimes and she also talked a lot.

"only did yardwork" - yardwork can be so tough! Sounds like you got a lot done.

My DH has been amazing. I've had constant health issues (surgeries, medical emergencies, illnesses, injuries) in the past five years and he's been so sweet and supportive. I am incredibly lucky.

Erica
Old 09-12-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

Erica- That's awesome that you use Kayleigh's spin workouts, too. My dh has a trainer that he puts his bike on and rides. Unfortunately it has been collecting dust lately. He has psoriatic arthritis and he often has joint pain in his knees. His rheumatologist retired abruptly and didn't give him a referral so he had to find a new rheumatologist and has had to wait months to see her. I think he's going next week. Anyway, he has been without his medication and in a lot of pain lately. I do most of the yard work/shoveling snow/house stuff as he often has joint pain. Plus, he has a crazy work schedule (works in tech and is often working very late when offices are empty). Anyway, I kind of like Kayleigh's talking- she's very personable and gives good pointers. And funny you mentioned Sydney Cummings and her not so great form. I have done several of her workouts in the past and noticed the same thing. It's been a long time since I've done one of her workouts.

Angela- I hope you had a good Monday that wasn't too hectic!

Today I did Michelle Briehler's - 30 Minute Lower Body Supersets. It was okay, but there are other better weight workouts out there. I added on Kayleigh Cohen's 15 Minute Complete Lower Body Workout to do some additional leg work.

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts