Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-03-23, 03:34 PM  
Malinda

Happy New Year!

Hi Fit Chicks!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Mine was quite nice; a lovely break. And now I am happy to be back on a regular schedule again.

I did the Five Parks 108 Sun Salutations workout again on New Year’s Day. I think it may become a tradition for me. I got so much out of it this year. Last year it was extremely challenging, both mentally and physically. This year, I made notes about what and who I wanted to meditate on as I did the practice, and I felt much more focused. Also, I didn't have to take any modifications like I did last year. I did all of the chaturangas on my toes, except for one. I think I have Autumn and 80 Day Obsession to thank for that!

Speaking of which, I did Day 43 today. Whew, that is one challenging workout. I'm over halfway done with the program now!

Jules, I'm so sorry that your inlaws weren't able to travel for Christmas. We had a friend whose son got caught up in the Southwest Airlines sh$tshow; what a mess. That's great that your knee was okay with skiing! Yay!

Kate, I hope you were able to celebrate with each member of your family at some point.

Y'all stay warm!
Old 01-04-23, 08:03 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! I am getting my workout groove back this week. I'm a little sore, but pushing thru it. I have been doing some Cathe ICE and also started Yoga 45 for 45. I did the first two practices: Intention led by both Travis and Lauren, and Even Flow led by Travis. Both of these were slightly longer than 45 minutes, BTW. Intention was about 50 min and Even Flow was 48.

Intention started out slow & steady and I was thinking "no problem" but the intensity kicked in halfway through the practice and it was challenging. Even Flow was just that - an evenly paced practice that hit all the right notes for me. Travis has some encouraging words of wisdom in this one.

Mon: BodyCombat 68
Tues: Cathe ICE Metabolic Total Body including Blizzard Blast and Core #1 + Yoga 45 for 45: Intention
Wed: Cathe ICE Boot Camp including the Blizzard Blast + Yoga 45 for 45: Even Flow

Malinda: Huge congrats on doing those 108 sun salutations on your toes!!! I would have to drop to my knees for sure.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 09:37 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey you guys, how do you feel about me starting a new thread for 2023? Or does it really matter? We're only on page 26.

Oh my goodness....what a week!!!!!!!!! Snowmaggedon is real. We got a FOOT of snow Tue and Wed. Spent a good part of the day yesterday digging out. I am sore! Weather not as bad as other places, but this has been a tough winter all of a sudden.
The temps have been ok, in the 20s but snow, snow and lots of wind. My youngest son Spencer tried to get to work on Wed and almost went in the ditch. Glad I stocked up on groceries last weekend. Mail has been very sporadic too. Sigh...spring please.
Wow a new year! Any resolutions?

I'll just start back with this week. No missed workouts and extra Shovel Max work.

Mon: Live 426 PHA Strength heavy Weight and 424 Sore to the Core. I loved both, wish 426 was longer but both good together.

Tues: Live 306 Cardio Core Bootcamp. This was really fun!!! Alternates higher impact cardio, step cardio, low impact cardio and core for about 5 rounds. Very good, I recommend!

Wed: Live 289 Total Body Blast. Oooh another fun one! 5 rounds. 3 exercises lower, 3 cardio, 3 upper sets. Moderately heavy and cardio impact was doable. Another recommend!

Thurs: Went back to Body Combat 38. Its 15 years old but so much fun!!!! Then before I could even change out of my workout clothes, hubby called me to help him move snow. Our small snowblower couldn't cut through the high drifts (up to my waist) so I had to hand shovel. My lower back is sore but not hurt. But I am danged tired of shoveling.

Poor ol' hubby is NOT in shape, has emphysema and struggles but feels "less than" if he doesn't do something.

So today I'm thinking kinder/gentler. I have 2 Michelle Dozois Flexibility/Mobility workouts from her Peak 10 workouts that I've never tried. I think today is the day to try them. Saving Cathe's 418 Yoga and Mobility Stretch for another day.

Have a great weekend everyone. Back on track with checking in! HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-23, 06:23 PM  
Jules

TGIF! I stayed up late last night like an idiot and I am dragging today. I had to force myself to exercise.

Thursday: Cathe ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox including the Blizzard Blast. I also did a beginner yoga class at school which was easy but fun. She taught us the proper form for down dog and all of us needed to pop our glutes up more - bent knees were actually encouraged. She talked a lot about being careful not to hyperextend our elbows and knees and what that looks like.

Today: Cathe ICE Low Impact Sweat including the Blizzard Blast. Stamina is on the Yoga 45 for 45 schedule next, but I don't think I have it in me today, especially b/c it is taught by Lauren. I will probably save it until tomorrow.

Kate: It would be awesome if you could start a new thread for us, just b/c the current one is titled Having Fun in 2022. I don't care if the new thread has a year on it.
Old 01-13-23, 05:19 PM  
Jules

Hey Gals! I had a pretty good week. I am still doing Cathe Live and Yoga 45 for 45. My shoulders are sore so I am debating what to do today. I might just do yoga.

Mon: CL #150 Bands & Bodyweight Travel + Yoga 45 for 45: Stamina
Tues: CL #131 Body Blast Bootcamp + Yoga 45 for 45: Slow & Sweet
Wed: CL #159 Cathe's Birthday Blast + Yoga 45 for 45: Balance
Thur: CL #257 Better Body Bootcamp
Fri: ? TBD

Was thinking about going skiing tomorrow, but I don't want to irritate my knee. I am for sure going at the end of the month.

Have a great weekend!
Old 01-13-23, 06:32 PM  
Malinda

Hi y'all!

Jules, you are doing so great; Cathe & Yoga almost every day!

Kate, I really hope y'all aren't having any more snow, or at least not enough for Shovel Max. I haven't been keeping up with the weather lately.

I (sort of) finished Phase 2 of 80DO today! I say "sort of" because I subbed a Phase 1 Booty workout in for the Phase 2 Booty workout I was supposed to do this week. I just wasn't up for holding weights that day. So I need to do the skipped Booty workout before I move on to Phase 3. But I'm super-happy to be heading into Phase 3, even though it scares me!

Happy Weekend!!!
Old 01-15-23, 01:25 PM  
Malinda

Okay, NOW I have completed Phase 2 of 80DO. On to Phase 3!

Have a great Sunday ladies!
Old 01-18-23, 11:49 AM  
Malinda

Hi Ladies!

I hope the new year is treating you well!

I did 80 Day Obsession, Day 52, Cardio Flow today. I think I have found the hardest workout I've ever done. It about killed me! I had to hit pause several times because my heart rate was sky high.

Kate, I know you are super-fierce, so I'm wondering if you found that workout to be challenging when you did your 80DO rotation. I know a lot of people subbed in other cardio workouts for the Cardio Flow days. I actually like the workout, I enjoy the challenge, but this Phase 3 version was a killer for me!

Jules, I hope you get some skiing in soon!
Old 01-19-23, 02:36 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Oh dear so sorry...I never started a new thread and I got behind on posts.

Malinda: I found much of 80DO to be challenging and I loved them all. Sometimes I subbed different cardio but I stuck to the rotation pretty close.

Still been working through Cathe Live but I've been mixing in other workouts. I mixed in a Gilad Lord of the Abs, there are new LMOD Body Combat and Body Attacks and even pulled out Cathe's Muscle Max DVD.

Last week 12th was Justin's birthday. I drove to his town to take him and girlfriend out to lunch. Then the real fun....youngest son Spencer set up a surprise party for Justin on the 13th. It was amazing!!!! He was totally surprised and moved to tears. A joyful time!! And so grateful for another year!

Workouts this week:
Mon: Live 94 PHAT 2. Very excellent PHA workout. I did go a bit heavier than Cathe.
Tues: new LMOD Body Attack 117. OHHHH fun!!! Lisa's son Jax was on the team. I remember when he was a wee baby.
Wed: Live 59 Compound Giant Sets Light Weight. !!!! !!!! This was great!!! Very high reps. Cathe uses 8lb dumbells and says form is key. I started with 10s and halfway through dropped to 8s. EXCELLENT standing core work at the end. I repeated a set to increase the time.
Today: Live 61 2015 Road Trip Kickboxing Class. Fun as usual. Had sequential kicks which I love.

I'll be back!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-23, 08:59 PM  
Jules

Howdy! I fell off the workout wagon again this week. I tried the new BodyCombat 92 on Saturday and enjoyed it. The cast was all wearing aqua and it had happy music. On Sunday I didn't exercise. I watched the Vikings get bumped out of the playoffs (not unexpected, but still a bummer). On Sunday night my legs started aching and I had to take a couple of Tylenols to sleep. I had body aches on Monday and Tuesday, but had to go to work b/c I was proctoring standardized tests. I started feeling better yesterday and felt well enough to do Cathe's Boss Bands Total Body today. My IBS symptoms have also been acting up since the holidays so I need to clean up my diet!

Malinda: That cardio must be way over the top if you found it harder than Insanity, Breathless Body and Double HIIT Pyramid. Do you think you will try it again?

Kate: The lunch and b-day party sound awesome! Justin and your family have a lot to celebrate this year.