Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-16-22, 11:29 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Forgot to post yesterday's workout. Live 240 Stacked Upper Body. Was very good since I didn't have to use my toe for anything but I've discovered that I can't do toe pushups very well. I am NOT liking modifying my workouts!! Who knew you used your toes so much?

Today I searched out all of Cathe's Christmas themed workouts and did 327 Christmas Wonderland. Modified a bit for my toe, but what a fun little workout! Got some cardio that I was missing (although shoveling heavy wet snow yesterday had my heart pounding).

For those interested, here are all the Xmas Cathe Lives I could find.
81 Icy Boot Camp - 48 minutes
130 Keep the Cardio Coming - 55 minutes (FAV!!! cardio)
228 Cathe Clause 2018 Calorie Crush - 47 minutes
277 Jingle All the Way - 48 minutes
327 Christmas Wonderland - 44 minutes
375 Christmas Ball - 48 minutes
376 New Year Countdown - 28 minutes (FUN cardio!)

Most look like "combo" workouts with cardio and weights. I've done some already but am going to do all the ones I haven't next week.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-22, 12:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Forgot to post yesterday's workout. Live 240 Stacked Upper Body. Was very good since I didn't have to use my toe for anything but I've discovered that I can't do toe pushups very well. I am NOT liking modifying my workouts!! Who knew you used your toes so much?

Today I searched out all of Cathe's Christmas themed workouts and did 327 Christmas Wonderland. Modified a bit for my toe, but what a fun little workout! Got some cardio that I was missing (although shoveling heavy wet snow yesterday had my heart pounding).

For those interested, here are all the Xmas Cathe Lives I could find.
81 Icy Boot Camp - 48 minutes
130 Keep the Cardio Coming - 55 minutes (FAV!!! cardio)
228 Cathe Clause 2018 Calorie Crush - 47 minutes
277 Jingle All the Way - 48 minutes
327 Christmas Wonderland - 44 minutes
375 Christmas Ball - 48 minutes
376 New Year Countdown - 28 minutes (FUN cardio!)

Most look like "combo" workouts with cardio and weights. I've done some already but am going to do all the ones I haven't next week.
Kate, thanks for listing all the Cathe Christmas ones! I only have three downloaded and didn't know there were more! I will have to put a note on my computer to get those downloads next Black Friday!

Sorry to see you broke your toe. Can you modify by doing pushups with your legs resting on a ball? Hope you heal quickly!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-22, 01:25 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post

Sorry to see you broke your toe. Can you modify by doing pushups with your legs resting on a ball? Hope you heal quickly!
Yes ball pushups work for sure. Or just dropping to one knee. I'll rest this weekend. Thanks dear!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 12-16-22, 01:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Yes ball pushups work for sure. Or just dropping to one knee. I'll rest this weekend. Thanks dear!
I was told I would have to have surgery on both feet so I tried to figure out how to still workout. Fortunately that podiatrist apparently just wants money bc a second podiatrist, a pedorthist, my physical therapist and chiropractor all agreed with me that surgery is not needed!

Take care of yourself! Did you get a lot of snow from this round?
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 11:05 AM  
Jules

Sorry about your toe Kate - hope it heals quickly!

Despite my best efforts, I caught the flu from my son. Luckily, I got the house cleaned and did a big grocery run before it hit me. I have been sick since Friday night and took today and tomorrow off from work. The horrible headache is gone, but I still have body aches and congestion. I am going to wrap gifts today. My in-laws are supposed to fly in on Wednesday evening, but we are also supposed to get a big snowstorm here that day, so we shall see.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-22, 03:21 PM  
Malinda

Aw Jules, I’m so sorry you got the flu! It’s good that you got your chores done before you went down. I hope you are back to normal very soon!

Kate, I knew a broken toe wouldn’t slow you down much.

I’m getting back on track with my workouts.

12/15 - 80DO Day 33, Booty
12/16 - 80DO Day 34, Cardio Core
12/17 - 5 Parks Yoga
12/18 - Insanity Pure Cardio
12/19 - 80DO Day 35, Total Body Core

Work is finally slowing down this week, so I’m catching up on some backlogs. We have several get-togethers with various friends scheduled this week. Lots of eating out, but so far I’ve been making good choices and the scale looks good.

We are supposed to get some chilly weather later this week, which will be so nice for Christmas!

Have a great day, y’all!
Old 12-21-22, 01:31 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi all!!! Coming to you from snowy MN today. My toe feels MUCH better. No, not slowing me down. It would have to hurt a lot worse than that!

So Monday I did Live 277 Jingle all the Way! So much fun and I love these Xmas themed workouts. FYI - Cathe wears the same Santa shorts in almost every one of her Xmas workouts. No biggie..when else would you wear them? ;-)

Tues: Not holiday themed but tons of fun. Live 49 Boxing with Leg Blasts!! LOVED this one. First half is all boxing with some excellent punching drills. The 2nd half is all weighted leg work interspersed with cardio blasts. I did all the leg work unweighted and still felt it. Gave my toe a bit more of a break. I did not have to modify. Yay!

Today in honor of Big Mac (Mike McSweeny) I did Body Pump 54. From 2005. Makes me so sad when we lose people too young. I pushed myself and felt pretty darned good. Toe was fine.

Take care all. HUGS

Old 12-21-22, 07:35 PM  
Jules

Hi Gals! It is -10 here but actually very pretty outside today. The snowstorm blew through here yesterday and left about 8 inches of snow, which isn't too crazy for us. School was still cancelled, however, due to blowing snow in some areas and the wind chill factor. A lot of kids walk to school in town, so they had a remote learning day instead.

My in-laws were supposed to fly in tonight from Las Vegas, but their flight was just cancelled and it sounds like there will be no flights available to rebook until some time after Christmas. Who knows? My daughter's 17th b-day is Friday too. Not much we can do - will just have to FaceTime with them and my folks who live in Alabama.

As for me, I am on the mend and feeling much better. I still had to take some cold medicine this morning, but I am sure I will be able to work out again very soon. We are planning to ski a couple of days over the break also.

Malinda: Yay on work finally slowing down. I see you did Insanity Pure Cardio - Good one! Have a fab time with all your friends and treat yourself. You deserve it!

Kate:That is sad news, indeed, about Mike McSweeny. I know you are one of his biggest fans. I didn't discover BodyPump until #84 so I never did those earlier ones that he led. I checked out that youtube video of him from the other thread and I can see why you admire him. So much fun! It is like a sing-a-long party. I sure hope Les Mills does a tribute workout dedicated to him.
Old 12-29-22, 09:24 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey girls!!

Vantreesta: I am not a good patient and would not go to the Dr for one stupid toe.

Jules: Ugh on the flu! My brother caught covid but was fully vaccinated and had only mild cold symptoms. Whew.

Malinda: Puny little (now crooked) toe ain't gonna slow me down! ;-)

Holidays were crazy. We had that intense snow storm up here and literally ALL the roads in the southern part of the state were closed. So we had to postpone one xmas celebration to Mon 26th and my youngest son and fam are coming this Sat. I talked to a MNDOT worker and he said he had NEVER seen so many roads closed in his 20+ years of working for the highway dept.

Workouts this week.
Mon: Nothing but lots of driving and eating and we watched Black Adam. Love me some Rock. Do you know they had to take the padding OUT of his suit? Def does not need any padding!

Tues: Live 290 Total Body Fit. Very nice total body weights. No cardio and Cathe mostly uses a barbell but I used dumbells for all. She's all by herself in this one (covid).

Wed: I did 21 Day Fix Total Body Cardio Fix plus Cardio Fix. Exactly what I needed. Not too much impact and lots of fun. I like Autumn and sure wish BB would release 80 Day Obsession on dvd. Great series! I might even resubscribe briefly to do that series again.

Planning Live 289 Total Body Blast for today. Although I must admit Mark Lauren is calling me.

Have a great day!

Old 01-02-23, 12:14 PM  
Jules

Happy 2023!

Hi Fit Chicks! It is the last day of winter break for us. We sure had some crazy weather! My in-laws never made it here for Christmas because of that winter storm with sub-zero temps. Then it warmed up to 45 degrees and we got stuck at the house for a couple of days when our driveway turned into an ice skating rink and our plow/sanding guy was out of town. We live high up on a ridge and our driveway is half a mile long with a switchback. Things have cooled down below freezing now and it snowed on top of the ice, so it is drivable again.

We went skiing last week and my knee held up ok. I need to stick to the groomers tho - I went off in the deep powder for one run and it was definitely too much for my knee. I wore a compression sleeve and was just slightly sore for a day or two afterwards.

I gained a few pounds over the break, of course, so I plan to clean up my diet for a while. Should be easy enough since there are no holidays until Valentine’s Day. I have been easing back into workouts with Cathe’s CTX series. I feel pretty good - keeping my step to 6 inches for now and using light weights. My subscription to Cathe Live is up at the end of the month. I probably will renew when it is closer to summer.

I plan to renew my subscription to Inner Dimension TV even tho I didn’t use it much last year. Travis and Lauren have a new 45 for 45 program that I want to try. I hope it is as good as 30 for 30. The school I work at also hired a yoga instructor to come in once per month and teach us. Should be fun!

I will also get another free year of Peloton and Apple Fitness+ through my health insurance. I don't use them much, but they are there if I decide to branch out. The one new instructor I tried last year was Caroline Girvan, but she has been very quiet since doing Fuel.

I was planning for this to be my last year working at the school since my son will be moving on to high school, but classified staff all just got a $3 per hour raise since paras keep quitting. I might stay there next year now since I am finally making a decent wage and get so many perks like a health insurance stipend, part-time hours, paid vacation and sick leave, plus the same days off as my kids. The biggest downside for me is the exposure to a crap-ton of viruses. I guess that would be the case at many of the places I was thinking about working at though anyway (Costco, local restaurants, etc.)

Man, the Vikings were truly terrible yesterday. Hopefully they turn it around for the playoffs. We have enjoyed watching all the college bowl games in the past week, but not the Vikings, LOL.

Malinda: I hope you enjoyed your time celebrating with friends!

Kate: Yay on your toe feeling better! I think I broke my baby toe a couple of months ago, and it is just a little bit achey now - barely noticeable. It sounds like your weather has been just as crazy as ours. Are you experiencing another blizzard today? We are finally in a more stable weather pattern here so you should be soon as well (fingers crossed). We also watched Black Adam and it was fun - nonstop action!

Are you going to start a new FitChicks thread for 2023?