Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-22, 10:59 AM  
laurajhawk

I'll probably preorder. I'm doing a modified STS 1.0 rotation now - modified partly because I've found Meso 1 to be rough going, just like everyone says, and have decided to cut it short, and I may actually do just half of each meso (reserving the option to cycle back and do the second half next, or at some later time).
- Therefore, I'll be thoroughly sick of Cathe in a few months, but it's going to take longer than that to ship these new ones anyhoo .
- The 1.0 phases/mesos make more sense to me than the 2.0 ones; 1.0 is periodization and 2.0 feels like just "mixing things up." But I like mixing things up, and I have lots of workouts (less Cathe, more Jessica) in the lighter-weight higher0-rep category, and lifting heavy is my favorite anyway.
- I don't have much use for Cathe's yoga but I expect the preorder price makes it worthwhile to get the whole set. I might be open to trading the non-weight ones, though I'll try the mobility ones first.
- That case doesn't appeal to me much - it will either lie on top of my rows of DVDs on the shelf, or else I'll order a different case to put them in. I'm not traveling with a heavy-weight workout DVD set; that's just silly. Heck, anymore when I travel I just revert to online workouts.
- I'm not buying new equipment. I will do the workouts with dumbbells (there's barbells under my basement stairs, but I don't want to bring them up), and I've got everything else that is mandatory, plus a Fluidity bar that's been useful for modified pullups and such.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-22, 11:22 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I do dips in my bathtub (when it's dry obviously). I put my hands on each side and have my legs straight out in front of me as limp as possible. I've done this for years. It works pretty well.
Old 10-25-22, 12:20 PM  
ChelePA

The new series is so much fun and the music selections will be similar to what you hear in the last few video series! 
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-22, 12:21 PM  
ChelePA

We don’t currently have any plans to offer DVD/equipment packages. We find we do better with offering quantity discounts therefore allowing you to pick items you specifically want.
Old 10-25-22, 12:21 PM  
ChelePA

This program is already so vast and has multiple
rotation possibilities that I haven’t fully decided if adding in other series will be beneficial or congested.
Old 10-25-22, 04:33 PM  
ChelePA

PHASE 3: SINGLE BODY PART WORKOUTS

Legs / Shoulders DVD - This DVD includes two complete single-body part routines. Each of the 2 workouts will stay focused on one muscle group.

This type of training gives you the opportunity to focus entirely on that muscle group to give it the time and intensity that it needs for muscle growth. We will hit the shoulders from all angles with heavy weighted exercises as well as with exercises that use rubber resistance.

The leg routine will include heavy weighted exercises to hit all areas of the lower body and will also include some exercises that use the fabric Boss Loop. *Some of the premixes included will mix the two body parts together for an additional split body parts training option. This additional split option will be used in some of the program rotations for additional challenges and variety.

Pre-Order Cathe's New STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery Workout Program Now At: https://bit.ly/2WDfkdh and Get Free Worldwide Shipping!
Old 10-25-22, 05:06 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I do dips in my bathtub (when it's dry obviously). I put my hands on each side and have my legs straight out in front of me as limp as possible. I've done this for years. It works pretty well.
That’s ingenious!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-22, 07:11 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I'm interested in downloads only. Anybody want DVDs only? Want to split an order with me?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-22, 07:19 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
PHASE 3: SINGLE BODY PART WORKOUTS

Legs / Shoulders DVD - This DVD includes two complete single-body part routines. Each of the 2 workouts will stay focused on one muscle group.

This type of training gives you the opportunity to focus entirely on that muscle group to give it the time and intensity that it needs for muscle growth. We will hit the shoulders from all angles with heavy weighted exercises as well as with exercises that use rubber resistance.

The leg routine will include heavy weighted exercises to hit all areas of the lower body and will also include some exercises that use the fabric Boss Loop. *Some of the premixes included will mix the two body parts together for an additional split body parts training option. This additional split option will be used in some of the program rotations for additional challenges and variety.

Pre-Order Cathe's New STS 2.0: Muscle & Recovery Workout Program Now At: https://bit.ly/2WDfkdh and Get Free Worldwide Shipping!
Now that I finally understand what Phase 3 is, it surprises me. Six day split where you spend only one day on legs per week, and one day each on biceps, triceps, shoulders.

That is not how I want to work out, so I think I would only use premixes for this phase. That’s a big plus for DVD vs download.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-22, 07:20 PM  
counterclockwise

I haven’t preordered a Cathe set in a long time, but I just ordered both the DVDs and the downloads and I’m not sorry!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar