Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-22, 09:31 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Cathe's STS Muscle & Recovery Phase #3 Legs

Pictured here is Cathe, along with Al, doing a side-lying hip raise with a medium tension Boss Loop during the STS 2.0 Muscle & Recovery Phase #3 "Body Parts" Leg Workout. Though this is a heavy weight workout, Cathe didn't forget to use her Boss Loops which complement the heavy weight exercises in this workout.

In STS 2.0 Phase #3 the focus is on training individual body parts: Chest, Back, Triceps, Biceps, and Legs. This type of training will allow you to totally focus your time and energy on each individual muscle group. Focussing on just one muscle group during your training session also keeps your workout sessions shorter without sacrificing intensity and time under tension which are necessary for hypertrophy (muscle shaping and building).

There are three workout phases in the STS 2.0 series: Phase #1: Total Body Workouts, Phase #2: Upper & Lower Body Workouts, and Phase #3: Body Parts

We still have about one more week of filming to go, so make sure to keep checking our social media sites for more pics and information from the filming of Cathe's STS Muscle & Recovery.

*We will have pre-sale information and details after we finish filming all of the STS workouts.

We are also excited to share our new line of fitness equipment with all of you. This time we're controlling the manufacturing of all of our exercise equipment so that we can standardize and perfect the equipment we use in our videos.
No separate shoulder body parts, maybe because shoulders are worked in while doing other body parts. I can't wait until she posts more about the recovery workouts as well.

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 09:59 AM  
prettyinpink

I’m going to make a guess that phase 3 is actually 4 workouts:
Chest
Back
Bi/tri
Legs

There wouldn’t be an entire workout of just biceps or just triceps, right?
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 10:12 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I’m going to make a guess that phase 3 is actually 4 workouts:
Chest
Back
Bi/tri
Legs

There wouldn’t be an entire workout of just biceps or just triceps, right?
I guess it could be entire biceps or triceps but shorter workouts....

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Old 10-10-22, 01:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Is the turbo tower high enough to do a regular pull-up on?

What she is doing is an “inverted row” to me. I was imagining something else for the bars. But it’s cool that those will let you do dips and these rows, and maybe some other exercises, too.
The turbo tower that I have is roughly 5 feet tall.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 01:53 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Is the turbo tower high enough to do a regular pull-up on?

What she is doing is an “inverted row” to me. I was imagining something else for the bars. But it’s cool that those will let you do dips and these rows, and maybe some other exercises, too.
Only supine and seated pull-ups are possible using the Turbo Tower (and later Fit Tower) as far as I know.

"We designed the [Turbo Tower] so that you could do supine pull-ups, which are easier to do than vertical pull-ups. The picture above actually shows Cathe doing a seated vertical pull-up and Denise doing a supine pullup. We actually modified the design and made the unit taller at the request of Cathe who felt it would be nice if she could use the unit to do a seated vertical pull-up."

https://cathe.com/introducing-the-st...pull-up-tower/
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 02:05 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Only supine and seated pull-ups are possible using the Turbo Tower (and later Fit Tower) as far as I know.

"We designed the [Turbo Tower] so that you could do supine pull-ups, which are easier to do than vertical pull-ups. The picture above actually shows Cathe doing a seated vertical pull-up and Denise doing a supine pullup. We actually modified the design and made the unit taller at the request of Cathe who felt it would be nice if she could use the unit to do a seated vertical pull-up."

I was going to write that I have seem Cahe doing a seated pull ups with it, thanks for the link! As a side note, I didn't know Cathe invented the High Step?!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 02:44 PM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post

Thank you!

Hmm, I will have to take a look at the new bars when they come out. In the recent photo, the taller bar looks lower than five feet, but it looks like they might be adjustable. Not that I have room for more stuff.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-22, 05:02 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
No separate shoulder body parts, maybe because shoulders are worked in while doing other body parts. I can't wait until she posts more about the recovery workouts as well.
She has other workouts where the shoulders are worked separately such as 4 Day Split, so if you feel that your shoulders need more work than she provides, I suppose you could add those in. I agree that it is surprising that they don't get a day of their own, maybe she just forgot to list them.
Old 10-10-22, 05:43 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Per Cathe on Facebook:

In STS 2.0 Phase #3 the focus is on training individual body parts: Chest, Back, Triceps, Biceps, Shoulders, and Legs. This type of training will allow you to totally focus your time and energy on each individual muscle group. Focussing on just one muscle group during your training session also keeps your workout sessions shorter without sacrificing intensity and time under tension which are necessary for hypertrophy (muscle shaping and building).

There are three workout phases in the STS 2.0 series: Phase #1: Total Body Workouts, Phase #2: Upper & Lower Body Workouts, and Phase #3: Body Parts”

Glad to see all body parts including shoulders now

Old 10-10-22, 05:50 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I just did a Google search and it seems that "inverted row" which is also how I call it, is also called "horizontal pull up", "reverse pull up" or "supine row", they are all the same exercise.

I also hope she just forgot to list shoulders, it seems odd not to have a workout for them.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar