Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-22, 12:27 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne63 View Post
Hi Do you know how much the whole DVD presale package will be?
She said she won't have any of those details until done filming.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 12:32 PM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
She said she won't have any of those details until done filming.
Hi Ok. Thank You.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 02:14 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise R View Post
I hope we don't have to purchase new equipment for this.....

I have the other big piece of equipment to use possibly for makeshift pull ups but I am not purchasing more big equipment!
Me either. Actually, I'm not purchasing ANY new equipment at this point, big or small. I will make it work with what I have.

Anxious to hear more details!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 02:42 PM  
firmiewannabe

This may be a silly question, but I don't know what does this mean: "in the strength/hypertrophy category"?

Hypertrophy means what in Cathe world verbiage? I don't have the original STS so I assume it's explained in that series? Thank you in advance to anyone who can explain that to me
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 04:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmiewannabe View Post
This may be a silly question, but I don't know what does this mean: "in the strength/hypertrophy category"?

Hypertrophy means what in Cathe world verbiage? I don't have the original STS so I assume it's explained in that series? Thank you in advance to anyone who can explain that to me
Hi, I would suggest googling hypertrophy as there may be some definitions that might help make sense of it, since it's not a "Cathe" term, it's a medical term. I would in layman's terms described it is an increase in size of a muscle. Strength is just what you think it is, but it isn't necessarily accompanied by an increase in size. I "think" that Cathe is trying to cover all the bases with calling them strength/hypertrophy. Nope, IIRC she doesn't do a lot of explaining in the original STS, or I just blew past it.

Someone else please jump in if I've just muddied the waters.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 05:10 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmiewannabe View Post

She has some blog articles on the topic. (I don't think she actually writes them. I assume she pays someone to create the content and she approves it before letting it get published on her website.)

https://cathe.com/training-loads-the...e-hypertrophy/

https://cathe.com/fitness-q-a-what-is-hypertrophy/

https://cathe.com/what-is-functional...ophy-training/
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 05:50 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I really would like some definition for vanity reasons, but right now strength is the most important thing for me to work on.

When I was more fit, I used to go to a nearby park and attempt assisted pull-ups on the swing set, but I can't do that in the winter, so maybe I'll buy something that she offers depending on the price.
Old 10-04-22, 06:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Cathe said she won't have an answer to this until done filming.
Thanks Chelepa!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-22, 07:19 PM  
firmiewannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hi, I would suggest googling hypertrophy as there may be some definitions that might help make sense of it, since it's not a "Cathe" term, it's a medical term. I would in layman's terms described it is an increase in size of a muscle. Strength is just what you think it is, but it isn't necessarily accompanied by an increase in size. I "think" that Cathe is trying to cover all the bases with calling them strength/hypertrophy. Nope, IIRC she doesn't do a lot of explaining in the original STS, or I just blew past it.

Someone else please jump in if I've just muddied the waters.
Thank you!
Old 10-04-22, 07:21 PM  
firmiewannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
She has some blog articles on the topic. (I don't think she actually writes them. I assume she pays someone to create the content and she approves it before letting it get published on her website.)

https://cathe.com/training-loads-the...e-hypertrophy/

https://cathe.com/fitness-q-a-what-is-hypertrophy/

https://cathe.com/what-is-functional...ophy-training/
Thank you! I hadn't explored her site previously, so I had no clue she had such a vast collection of articles. I very much appreciate your help!

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar