Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-21-16, 08:07 PM  
hotncmom

LaCatrina, I was reading some older HDM threads and was inspired by your results so I just purchased Thighmatics. Is there a HDM check in?

I'm a little worried about doing the same workout every day (as instructed for the detox). It's so long that there's not much time left for cardio or upper body work.

How are people using the Matics in a regular rotation (non-detox)? If I like this one I will buy Armatics.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 08:29 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
LaCatrina, I was reading some older HDM threads and was inspired by your results so I just purchased Thighmatics. Is there a HDM check in?

I'm a little worried about doing the same workout every day (as instructed for the detox). It's so long that there's not much time left for cardio or upper body work.

How are people using the Matics in a regular rotation (non-detox)? If I like this one I will buy Armatics.
Hi! Nope, there's no active HDM check-in as far as I know. There was one that got quite active at some point though

With thighmatics, you can always do it in halves, or even add three moves after whatever other workout you have scheduled for the day (it's nine moves, so it's easy to split). Hamelin did post a suggested rotation for a TM1 bootcamp that included his free material. I can post it here if you don't have it.

Also, you can see good results if you do any given matic twice a week. The magic of the matics IMO is to do them consistently over time, even if you split them. I've done that with both TM and absmatics and they do work as advertised.

If you need to add cardio you could even alternate cardiotone or AIS one day and TM1 the next - TM really hits the abs, so the only elements that I personally need to add are cardio and arms.

Armatics is very easy to split too - I chaptered mine in four sections
Old 01-21-16, 08:35 PM  
momofcha

Rebecca - what results have you had with absmatics? I'm in week 2 of my rotation & feel like I'm stagnant

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-16, 08:49 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Hi! Nope, there's no active HDM check-in as far as I know. There was one that got quite active at some point though

With thighmatics, you can always do it in halves, or even add three moves after whatever other workout you have scheduled for the day (it's nine moves, so it's easy to split). Hamelin did post a suggested rotation for a TM1 bootcamp that included his free material. I can post it here if you don't have it.

Also, you can see good results if you do any given matic twice a week. The magic of the matics IMO is to do them consistently over time, even if you split them. I've done that with both TM and absmatics and they do work as advertised.

If you need to add cardio you could even alternate cardiotone or AIS one day and TM1 the next - TM really hits the abs, so the only elements that I personally need to add are cardio and arms.

Armatics is very easy to split too - I chaptered mine in four sections
Yes, I would love that rotation, thank you! Good to know that TM hits the abs too!

I was thinking about doing 1/2 the workout along with upper body mat + weights.

How did you chapter a download?
Old 01-22-16, 06:28 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Yes, I would love that rotation, thank you! Good to know that TM hits the abs too!

I was thinking about doing 1/2 the workout along with upper body mat + weights.

How did you chapter a download?
Sure! This is the TM1 rotation that Hamelin posted sometime ago:

The new four week Thighmatics I bootcamp intensive will start Monday September 1st. The two participants with the most impressive results will each win one live online video-link training session with Hamelin. Before and after pics stating the start and finishing date are required if one wants to take part in the private training session contest.

To get the most out of your Thighmatic I bootcamp please include daily dry brushing to address lymphatic stimulation and for improvement of cellulite and skin texture. Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage (Vodder technique) is also recommended to speed up the waste and toxicity drainage of the tissue, but do remember that 90% of all women have some form of cellulite. The lymph system is designed to take away waste and toxins while capillaries deliver fresh nutrient-rich blood to the skin. When blood flow is restricted, it weakens the surrounding tissue...as in, starving it of oxygen. This means, there's a decrease in lymph flow which causes the connective tissues to get fibrous and push down on the fat cells, causing the 'orange peel' effect of cellulite. Lymphatic drainage is a massage technique that stimulates the lymph system to drain the buildup of waste fluid from the cells. It is a very effective technique for getting rid of cellulite but must be done frequently and consistently for measurable and lasting results.

Week1.
Day1.
Warm up, 20min jump rope or 20min rebounding.
Thighmatics 1
2min plank pose

Day2.
CardioBliss, http://youtu.be/7NBrtgQnCzw
Thighmatics 1

Day3.
Warm up, 20min jump rope or 20min rebounding
Workout1, https://vimeo.com/16308817
2min plank pose

Day4.
Thighmatics 1 w. light ankle weights
Classic arm/shoulder, http://youtu.be/RLp2N8RYbOE

Day5.
CardioTone 4, http://youtu.be/uI9h52-6HmI
Thighmatics 1

Day6.

Day7.
Rest - or 1hr power walk
2min plank pose
---

Week2.
Day1.

Day2.
CardioBliss, http://youtu.be/7NBrtgQnCzw
Thighmatics 1

Day3.
Workout2, https://vimeo.com/15766545
3min plank pose

Day4.
1hr power walk or 1hr run
3min plank pose

Day5.
Thighmatics 1

Day6.
Thighmatics 1

Day7.
Rest - or 45-60min swim
3min plank pose
---

Week3.
Day1.
3min plank pose

Day2.

Day3.
3min plank pose
Thighmatics 1

Day4.

Day5.
3min plank pose
Thighmatics 1

Day6.
1hr power walk or run
3min plank pose

Day7.
Rest
---

Week4.
Day1.

Day2.
3min plank pose
Thighmatics 1

Day3.

Day4.
3min plank pose
Thighmatics 1

Day5.
1hr power walk or run
Workout2, https://vimeo.com/15766545

Day6.
Thighmatics 1

Day7.
Rest
---

Good luck with Thighmatics 1 bootcamp!

One weekly cardio day and one weekly non-Thighmatic day can be replaced with the weekly 10 week HDM course for added variation.

I've heard you can do real chaptering using HandBrake (I guess we need to chapter Barb, who is our resident expert), but what I do is that I split the workouts in sections using windows movie maker. I use my laptop connected to my TV to play my workouts, so that's convenient for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Rebecca - what results have you had with absmatics? I'm in week 2 of my rotation & feel like I'm stagnant
Hey there Sue! I've been doing HDM exclusively for a tad over two years now, and sometimes I've experienced "whoa" moments when I've seen changes in a matter of a week or two. For example, when Hamelin released the first live course I did the first class for six days in a row along with cardio and AIS (the free ones), and I suddenly noticed that my jeans felt quite looser. I measured and I had lost almost 2 inches around my waist and half an inch around my hips But that's not the norm, at least for me. Provided that I have my eating under control, I make a plan for the month or do a Hamelin official rotation and take pictures and measurements after four or five weeks
Old 01-22-16, 06:35 AM  
LaCatrina

Forgot to mention - some of those links might not work, but all the free workouts are uploaded here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3y..._7Is5Kq3wo9KGA
Old 01-22-16, 07:37 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Hi Sue,
I know Hamelin posts very dramatic transformations on a seemingly regular basis, but I just don't think that's realistic for everyone. It's one of the reason those types of posts annoy me...because they create a feeling that something is wrong with you if you're not shrinking in half within a matter of weeks. I think Angie, who's in the group, is a more realistic measurement. She's been HDMing for two or three years, and over that time her physique has changed quite a bit...but that's a more realistic time frame.

I did HDM customs for three months and I got good results, but nothing is going to dramatically cause me to shrink 4 inches in two weeks. That's just not how my body works, and that's true for most people. If you stick with the workouts, and your nutrition is good (eating whole, unprocessed foods when hungry, not eating until too full), then you're going to get results from his workouts, but they may not happen as quickly and as dramatically as those progress pics make you want them to happen. You've shared here that you have some other contributing factors that impact your body that those people also probably don't have, making their results even more unique or individual.

I'm just posting this because I sense your frustration in your post, but I think you're doing well! I saw your results pics in the group and you've made excellent progress in a short period of time.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-16, 08:09 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Hi Sue,
I know Hamelin posts very dramatic transformations on a seemingly regular basis, but I just don't think that's realistic for everyone. It's one of the reason those types of posts annoy me...because they create a feeling that something is wrong with you if you're not shrinking in half within a matter of weeks. I think Angie, who's in the group, is a more realistic measurement. She's been HDMing for two or three years, and over that time her physique has changed quite a bit...but that's a more realistic time frame.

I did HDM customs for three months and I got good results, but nothing is going to dramatically cause me to shrink 4 inches in two weeks. That's just not how my body works, and that's true for most people. If you stick with the workouts, and your nutrition is good (eating whole, unprocessed foods when hungry, not eating until too full), then you're going to get results from his workouts, but they may not happen as quickly and as dramatically as those progress pics make you want them to happen. You've shared here that you have some other contributing factors that impact your body that those people also probably don't have, making their results even more unique or individual.

I'm just posting this because I sense your frustration in your post, but I think you're doing well! I saw your results pics in the group and you've made excellent progress in a short period of time.
I think this is key with a capital "K" always. I merely maintain my size if I'm not eating right, and I gain weight easily

I also think that some people will see better and/or faster results with workout A rather than workout B, if it makes sense. Back when Meta was first released I remember reading posts from people that were only doing the MS workout and losing weight and tons of inches - I tried doing the same and it didn't work too well for me
Old 01-22-16, 10:23 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Hi Sue,

thanks. I'm not too frustrated this time, because I'm really enjoying his workouts and I do feel I'm making some progress - but yes, I am not the dramatic results he posts. I just signed up for a month of customs, so hopefully I can keep pressing on and continue to grow/shrink? I had to take my pictures to send him and I put on a bikini and was close to tears. I never give up for long, I just love working out. I do eat well, no sweets, sauces, sugars or alcohol, but obviously not enough veggies or I would look like the after girls.

I do feel like with HDM I am actually making progress with my perimenopause and thyroid issues - more than with anything else as of late, so I am definitely going to keep on, but it does get disheartening with all of the amazing pictures, etc..... But I guess the "non amazing" pictures don't get posted, right?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 09:10 AM  
hotncmom

Thanks again, LaCatrina!

I've done the Armatics taster and wondering what the rest of the workout is like. How would it be different from Classic Arms and Shoulders? Since the workouts are so expensive, I want to be careful about what I buy.

Planning to start Thighmatics today and do it as much as I can over the next several weeks. I hope it works as advertised!

Tags
cardio, cardiotone, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin dabell, hdm