Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-14, 09:02 AM  
intelsana

So excited for these! I have been loving her start here workout and am ready to move up to something more challenging
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 05:46 PM  
laurajhawk

Has Kelly said how heavy she lifts in Muscle Up? I don't usually lift as much as she does, but I'm wondering whether I'll finally have an excuse, er I mean whether I'll NEED, to buy a pair of 20's. (I have 25's and one 35 that belong to DH, but with CLX I bridged the gap between my 15's and 25's with creative use of ankle weights. Not sure I'd have time to fiddle with those in a KCM workout.)

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 05:54 PM  
YogaGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Has Kelly said how heavy she lifts in Muscle Up?
Here's what Kelly answered in her forum regarding how heavy her weights are for Muscle Up:

"chest 20/30
back 30
shoulders 20 and 10?
biceps 15 & 20
triceps 15 & 20
legs & glutes 20 & 30

There are some things I (and all the others)could have gone heavier on (back, bench, lateral raise, legs, for example), but I only wanted 2 pairs of dbs on set at any give time and... we just filmed HGI before this one so we were a little tired to Musce Up much more than this!

Having said that, keep in mind, that this workout is decieving; you will be supersetting without rest throughout both 30 minute workouts. Its probably best to go with the dbs you use in "Weights" just to get a feel. You will be able to use more than in "weights"...just have your tracking sheet and a pen ready to make those notations."

I'll probably start with my 10s and 12s and then see where I feel up to trying 15s after doing the workout a time or two.

Tags
kcm, kcm 2014, kelly coffey-meyer, pre-sale