Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-13, 06:57 PM  
wendy2

I ordered too. These sound great to me.

I don't expect to like the step workouts based on her (crappy) cuing, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised... I hope she makes them more...complete?...polished?... than the Shock Cardio step workouts, cues better than she did in the 4DS workouts, and does something along the lines of Step Blast/Rhythmic Step without as much building up of combos and not.one.power.seven in the whole lot!

Can't wait to see what the leg workouts are like. Really I just like the sound of the whole set

And now, for 8 months of waiting...
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 07:29 PM  
gigi

I'm shocked that people think Xtrain is easy.

I'm holding off a bit on the presale, but I'll more than likely give in.
Old 03-01-13, 08:06 PM  
Bebop

gigi - I don't think Xtrain is easy.

I find the choreography easier to follow than some of her other workouts but the intensity is still there.

Hardstrikes isn't as intense as the MMA's but the Hiit and the tabata's are very intense - IMHO.

I"m looking forward to the easier step routine and the kickbox workout.

I'm not that interested in the lower body workouts but I said that about the lower body workout in Xtrain and I really like it.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 08:21 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I'm shocked that people think Xtrain is easy.

I'm holding off a bit on the presale, but I'll more than likely give in.
I think it is easier than some of her prior offerings, but I don't think it is easy. I like the direction Cathe is going in, at least I hope she is going in that direction. I don't want to be clobbered in every workout. I like a challenge, but I want it to to be doable depending on how I am feeling that day.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 08:23 PM  
MKEMom

I'm holding off till right before the end of March because of budget timing, but I will be ordering.

I am pleasantly surprised at her offering of two new step workouts. I remember her saying on a road trip that it made her sad that step had gone out of vogue, so maybe she just felt like doing it (Or she knows that many of her fans, like me, still love step!)

Normally, I wouldn't be excited about the lower body workouts, but I really enjoy both the leg workouts in XTrain, particularly Cardio Leg Blast, so I'm pretty excited about those. My hubby has noted the change in my lower body since I started the XTrain rotation

Anyway.... I'm excited!
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 08:36 PM  
buffmama

These are talking to me. And I'm telling them shush! I don't even do Cathy pre-orders!
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 10:36 PM  
KellyMarie65

Will there be clips soon?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 10:39 PM  
IrishOT

I ended up caving today because I was feeling bummed...the Doctor thinks I have a stress fracture on my 5th metatarsal...won't know for sure until MRI results are in on Monday, but she seemed pretty sure that it was a stress fracture, so I will most likely be missing the HM I was going to do next Sunday and the Pittsburgh HM in May

I also caved on KCMs pre-sale
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 10:46 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's through 3/31. That's why I'm holding out, hoping she will give more detail about length of workouts and intensity before I cave.
That's what I read into the description.
I'm waiting for a couple of weeks but I've thought it over and I'll probably order

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 10:51 PM  
MM-Om

I don't X-Train are easy but comparing to her previous workouts, she did take a down a notch. I really love her low impact HITT, it is intense without the impact. That's the kind of workout I would like to see again coming from Cathe. Her strength workouts are always superb!

Tags
alta-tude fitness, cathe, cathe preorder, cathe presale