Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-13, 01:04 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy T View Post
Thank you! I may get the downloads. I am looking on her site, and I don't see any other w/o's available as downloads. Is it just this series?
Never mind! Google to the rescue! It is a completely different website for the downloads. You'd think she would have a link to it...
You're welcome! Yes, it's a little tricky finding the downloads - they should put a link.

One thing I may not have made clear - you only make mixes of workouts you have purchased as downloads.

And, as I have mentioned, some people have had trouble with the Workout Blender. I had some minor problems, but only when mixing old workouts with new.

(I'm really impressed with how well thought-out Cathe's last few series have been when it comes to the workout blender. I consider this real value-added for the downloads.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 01:09 PM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
One thing I may not have made clear - you only make mixes of workouts you have purchased as downloads.
Yes, I understood that. (altho I admit it is a tad disappointing, considering how many Cathes I own..) I may have to buy some from the last release and play with the workout blender. I really like circuit workouts, so this is calling to me...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 01:16 PM  
fit_fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Has anyone heard Cathe mention anything about the level of these compared to Xtrain. . to be honest, I was kinnda disappointed in the intensity of Xtrain overall. I am not complaining about the fact that she made xtrain the level she did - I just wish there was some indicator for us ahead of time . .
While I love the level of XTrain, I completely understand what you are saying and agree. I would be nice if she would indicate ahead of time what level she is intending these to be.
fit_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 01:23 PM  
Keepfitgirl

Does anyone know if they've mentioned how long the first phase of the presale will last? It was quite a while last time. I don't want to order straight away, as I've just pre-ordered a couple of KCM's and also I'd like to see some more info/pictures before deciding.

Thanks

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 01:28 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit_fairy View Post
While I love the level of XTrain, I completely understand what you are saying and agree. I would be nice if she would indicate ahead of time what level she is intending these to be.
Yes - exactly what I mean. I have no problem with the level of Xtrain, but if I had known, I would have waited and only gotten a couple of them, not the entire set. Maybe I will try contacting cathe.com . .
Old 03-01-13, 02:44 PM  
Bebop

I'm going to order. These sound fun.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 03:39 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepfitgirl View Post
Does anyone know if they've mentioned how long the first phase of the presale will last? It was quite a while last time. I don't want to order straight away, as I've just pre-ordered a couple of KCM's and also I'd like to see some more info/pictures before deciding.

Thanks

Emma
I'm pretty sure it's through 3/31. That's why I'm holding out, hoping she will give more detail about length of workouts and intensity before I cave.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:27 PM  
Marie1120
VF Supporter

I ordered and hoping these are more intermediate do-able workouts rather than advanced that will make me stand there going "you've got to be kidding". And I am not getting much of a workout if I stand there not able to do something that is too advanced. I might be in the minority (at least of Cathe fans) but I can get a great workout with intermediate level and am less likely to end up with an injury. I still wish Cathe would have a modifier so her workouts would be useful to a broader range of people. I like that she said these were minimal equipment and I'm hoping that means no sliding disks and stability ball optional. For advanced she made STS and there are Insanity workouts and many others.
2009 - 312/300

"Those who remove mountains begin by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese Proverb

"Getting up in the morning is a case of mind over mattress." Ziggy
Marie1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 05:15 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I will wait util late March to preorder these--you have to preorder by March 31 to get the free bonus dvd, as for the free double shipping & the current pricing, I'm not sure. I hope there are more details about these before the end of March, such as length (I'd be dissappointed if they were less than an hour long), the types of moves in each, intensity, & details about the bonus dvd, too. I guess I have to go to the library to submit some suggestions soon.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 05:55 PM  
MM-Om

I ordered! I am actually happy that Cathe lowered the intensity in X-Train. I can finally do Cathe's cardio (except for Tabata). I hope the new series will be doable as well and really hope that step is not too complicated (hey at least 1 step dvd should be easy to follow).

Tags
alta-tude fitness, cathe, cathe preorder, cathe presale