Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-14-12, 09:18 AM  
marmact

I keep going back and forth on this set. On the one hand, I REALLY love some of the LIS workouts. On the other hand, I thought the last two workouts were a bust - I know other people liked them, but I felt like they were a mishmash of everything but the kitchen sink, and mostly all about the jumpy jumpies.

I like STS but have too much dread with the time/equipment requirements to do it again in any serious way.

I keep talking myself into and out of this set. Ah, well, I'm sure I'll have some time to decide before the presale actually ends!
Old 09-14-12, 09:52 AM  
bearcatfan

I preordered mostly for the weight workouts, so I'm hoping those alone make it worthwhile for me. Anything else is extra.
Old 09-14-12, 10:06 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I am by no means unsympathetic to that, as my sister is currently undergoing chemotherapy for Stage 4 lung cancer. It is incredibly difficult, and in no way would I trivialize how one feels when faced with the challenge of supporting a family member under this circumstance. It perhaps may have been better to postpone the project (and the presale) a bit so she can focus on her father's health and well being, since there will no doubt be numerous and repeated inquiries and comments about the lack of updates, and that adds another layer of stress. JMHO.
I feel so bad for Cathe regarding her dad's cancer. I'm not sure what stage he is in, though. Cancer can be a long, drawn out process and Cathe (or anyone else for that matter) can't simply stop living and working to deal with those issues, especially if you have bills to pay. Life has to continue, although it's an added layer of stress she has to deal with, I'm sure. She probably is less worried about things like updates on her forum than about dealing with the project and her family stuff. I'm not really one to worry about getting updates and what not. I'm like the other gals who pretty much just sign up for the preorder and don't think too much about it until the shipping notice comes.

FWIW, I'm pretty forgiving of Cathe when it comes to the lateness of her projects. I tend to relate to her. I'm one of those people who sets their clocks ahead 15 minutes just so I can make it out the door on time ... aaaand I still wind up late sometimes! lol I can sympathize with always be behind schedule. I get that people who are far more punctual would have a tough time wrapping their heads around people like us though!! I haven't been a Cathlete for very long (just started doing her stuff a few years ago and fell in love!), but I've already caught on to the fact that when she announces a time frame, I can expect a few months after that to actually have the workouts in my hot little hands!
Old 09-14-12, 10:06 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
I preordered mostly for the weight workouts, so I'm hoping those alone make it worthwhile for me. Anything else is extra.
Ditto!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 01:18 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
I feel so bad for Cathe regarding her dad's cancer. I'm not sure what stage he is in, though. Cancer can be a long, drawn out process and Cathe (or anyone else for that matter) can't simply stop living and working to deal with those issues, especially if you have bills to pay. Life has to continue, although it's an added layer of stress she has to deal with, I'm sure. She probably is less worried about things like updates on her forum than about dealing with the project and her family stuff.

i totally agree with what eyefit has written... it is sad if cathe's dad had cancer... and even moreso if it is in a later stage....

also totally agree that, although it is stressful, she still had her work obligations (needs to put food on the table and a roof over her family's head)

and i totally agree that if she's dealing with her dad and dealing with the new workouts... any time she herself might otherwise spend writing on facebook or her forums.. is much better spent with her dad.... (of course... this does not preclude her business partner from putting updates out... or one of the web folks from offering up some tidbits! while the fans are used to cathe herself doing these updates... she needs to delegate!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-12, 02:37 PM  
Chris T.
VF Supporter

Totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
With Cathe preorders, I've learned from previous experience to just give her my money and forget about it until I receive a shipping notice!
It can't be easy putting together a multi DVD project. It took me a few years for my Type A never-late-for-an-appointment mind to just accept this and enjoy the multitudes of other wonderful workouts I have (including lots and lots of Cathe). But its still hard, particularly when we're looking forward to it.
Chris T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe presale, xtrain