princess76

Why are his DVDs so cheap?
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-12, 09:43 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
Why are his DVDs so cheap?
It's a special thing only for those with a US postal address - maybe he's doing his bit to help improve national fitness?
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-12, 09:46 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

How much is shipping from Bob's site?
TIA!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 03:25 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Is it a hard full body workout? I already work my shoulders a lot.
I did this for the first time Friday morning. It is definitely a challenging workout and I loved it. It had quite a bit of shoulder work, which I didn't mind. There is no direct tricep work but you do pushups and hold plank as well. The arms get worked here. I would classify it as conditioning, not strength. It had a great cardio effect. I would definitely feel comfortable doing weights tomorrow because nothing was really worked to exhaustion with the possible exception of shoulders, depending on weight used. I wouldn't really sub it for full body strength though.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 06:13 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I really like Bob (am a huge fan of TBL) but he fits into that category of "it's not you it's me" in that I'm not crazy about his workouts. I've done Body Rev Cardio Conditioning, his two Inside Out Method kettlebell workouts, Ultimate Cardio Body, and Beginners ("beginners") Weight Loss Transformation and most of his TBL workouts, and feel they are all sort of the same (obviously the kettlebell workouts are a little different), cardio by way of high rep work and he really does overdo the shoulder work IMO. I have his Total Body Transformation and core workouts (they were just so cheap on Amazon!) but have yet to try them. I am not usually one to get rid of many workouts (such a video hoarder ) but think I might keep his Boy Rev Cardio Conditioning as it's my favorite and get rid of the rest because I just seem to like others' workouts so much more.

Slightly off topic, but has anybody joined his online club for $10/month? He presumably films a new workout every day, it looks like it's worth the money. If I really liked his workout style, I would probably check it out. I also wonder if he's prepping to put out a system like Jillian did.

At any rate I agree with another poster that I think his workouts are so cheap because he's passionate about helping people lose weight. I think I remember him saying once that he'll be on TBL as long as it's running, because it is his passion.

Tags
bob harper, butt, strength, total body transformation